Ratings for Dr. Jonathan S. Thomas

I needed a whooping cough vaccination and decided to get a physical as well. My physical and shot are completely covered with my insurance. During the visit the doctor asked multiple questions as they should. One question he asked was if I ever had any hemorrhoids. I said yes I had had them in the past but they were not a problem. He said to give him a call if I ever did have a problem and he would write me a script. This evidently changed the visit to an illness visit, even though it was the doctor who brought up a non existent illness, and I received a bill for $100 in the mail. I called to complain and the woman said that she understands but Kelly would have to deal with this. Have not received a call back from Kelly. Nice enough doctor but he is not nice enough to look past the office staff. If they can not code things correctly, you will have TONS of problems with insurance. Lots of doctors out there, so save yourself the insurance headaches and choose another one.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

Dr. Thomas and his staff have done everything possible to make my issues handled very easily and thoroughly. I learned that because of how insurance works, I can't come in with a number of different compliants, but have to do follow ups and other treatments on subsequent visits. I love his demeanor and knowledge base.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

As the previous reviewer, I had labs drawn and was asked to schedule a follow up appointment at that time. When the medical assistant called me to tell me all was well; they allowed me to cancel off my follow up appointment. She told me if there had been any concerns about my labs, Dr. Thomas would of want to have face time to discuss this. Since all was well, I did not need to and was told to call if I needed anything else. My 4 year old daughter was seen for a sinus infection. My daughter has not been a fan of doctors due to every previous visit resulted in shots. The medical assistant had her laughing and comfortable, not wanting to leave. The front desk was helpful when I had questions with a bill I received and questions I had about items I received from my insurance company. This is our medical home!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

I first went to Dr. Thomas in August 2011. I am a diabetic and was looking for a new family doctor. When ordering my bloodwork he forgot to order my A1C. I had to drive to McKinney to get the bloodwork done in the first place. Instead of calling with the results he requires you to make another office visit so he can give you the results face to face and collect another co-pay. I work an hour away from were I live and don't have time to be in the doctor every time I turn around. I went back a few weeks later with pink eye. He prescribed meds and wanted to see me within 3 days.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

Dr. Jonathan S. Thomas's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 2008)