Ratings for Dr. William B. Funk

Dr funk staff is not like they used to be. Used to be cheerful family atmosphere now everyone seems like they hate being there. I also agree about his attitude toward woman. He's very very knowledgeable but doesn't listen n if things go well he takes all credit none for the patient. I've been with him 20 yrs n travel far but am thinking if finding closer friendlier one who isn't so judgemental.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I have been a patient for many years and I used to think he was an excellent Dr., but in the past few years, his care seems to be good, one time, and bad, the next. Something just seems off, lately.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

I agree with a previous post, Dr. Funk definitely treats his female patients different from his male patients. I can’t get into details here because of the space issue, but after waiting 45 minutes for Funk to enter the exam room, I was treated very rudely. My husband on the other hand, has never had an issue. I may be looking for a new primary.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

Definitely something going on with Dr. Funk last couple of years & none of it is good. Could be the blatant chaufinisim in the way he speaks to his female patients when they come in alone vs. when with a spouse (actually uses the words the little woman, don't let her do more than putter around the house, etc. with that smirk of his, blech.) Put up with his odd personality for years because he was close by and just too lazy to start fresh with a new doctor but sure wish I hadn't been. It will take a lot more effort to deal with advanced disease that should have been dealt with years before it was and do it all with a new dr. I have never left a review before like this for a dr and I am now because thought it was the least I could do for any unsuspecting sick people looking for a GOOD, EDUCATED, UP TO DATE, dr.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

Dr. Funk has been a good doctor for our family for many years. However, lately he has been off. He has actually been short and even rude. He used to listen to his patients but anymore he just talks over you and doesn't "hear" what you are saying. I think he needs to start thinking about retiring. It is a shame because he really is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Funk is a GREAT Physician and a Wonderful person. He has taken care of my husbands family for years and when I moved to DE I switched doctors and am so very glad I did. Now that I am a parent myself i have full confidence in taking my child to him as well. He is Extremely knowledgeable, and has a great bed side manner. I highly reccomend him to anyone looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Dr Funk was my pediatrician a long time ago. I had a very rare heart defect at birth, and he was most helpful and encouraging to me and my family for the many hard years that followed. As a grown woman now, I have not seen him in years, but I continue to compare my current physiacians to him and won't settle for less. Thanks for raising the bar, Dr Funk!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2007

Dr. Funk is a sweet man who clearly puts his patients first!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2006

Our family has used this doctor for many years, and feel he's the best! He has diagnosed some difficult illnesses that other doctors have missed.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2006

Dr. William B. Funk's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1977)

Top Hospitals in Newark, DE