Ratings for Dr. Vadula Jayaraman

I made comments below on April 18, 2017. Unfortunately I had to see this doctor one last time to get my prescriptions refilled. I waited 1 hour and 10 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. He was not interested in seeing me. He wrote my prescriptions and I left as quickly as I could. The following week, I interviewed 3 doctors and finally chose one I think will be very good. I had my file transferred. Please don't go to this doctor. You will certainly be disappointed. Oh and on top of it, he look very disorganised.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Doctor Jayaraman is pleasent enough as a person, but he did not meet my needs as a physician. I had a fairly serious illness and surgery, but he did not appear to be interested. He had not looked at any of the reports or lab results which had been sent to him and to the specialist. When I asked for a copy of my biopsy, which he said he did not have, he did not obtain it and send it to me as requested. I could not in good faith recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

All Dr Ellison patients should report this clown called a so called Dr, he is awful he is not a Doctor. Should be reported?? DO NOT GO TO THIS CLOWN!!!! HE DOES NOT NO HOW TO RUN HIS OFFICE OR GIVE YOU MEDICAL ADVISE...

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Where in the h*&@ did they get this boiler room clown from???? Bloody racist..him and his ugly (inside and out) useless staff.Flush all of them.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

This incompetent, argumentative, arrogant, and fraudulent buffoon should have his credentials revoked. I cannot imagine how this man ever passed medical school. I do believe "Dr" Vadula would like a simple easy elder care practise where he can easily condescend to his patients and make as many followup appointments as he can to maximize billable hours to the Medical services plan. I am dismayed that this man can actually practice medicine. My God... Yes I most certainly will be seeking PROFESSIONAL medical help elsewhere. I do indeed miss Dr.Ellison. Excellent bed side manner, empathetic, kind, warm, and intelligent. However I wish someone at least worthy of the title Doctor took his place.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

This doctor should not be in the profession. I really miss Dr. Andrew Ellison who retired. Dr. Jayarman will not refill my prescriptions over the phone even though I have pre-existing conditions for the last 6 years. Very inconvenient. I have gone to his office at least 6-7 times and always have to wait 45-60 minutes. His office hours are poor. His office voicemail recording says only leave a message if it is urgent. I am currently looking for another gp. Other people's comments below are true.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

To note: Dr. Jayaraman is no longer in Surrey; he is at 904-750 W. Broadway in Vancouver. He took over Dr. Andrew Ellison's practice on Ellison's retirement. Dr. Jayaraman is just not a good doctor, and he apparently cannot manage staff. To be fair: This is an office that was always very slow. It was always clear that if you made an appointment with Dr. Ellison in the afternoon, you'd be waiting for nearly an hour in the waiting room. But they used to be on top of their referrals and passing along information they got from specialists. Under Dr. Jayaraman, that is now not a priority, as well. To give you a feel for Dr. Jayaraman's patient manner and the staff's deterioration: In his last week of work, I saw Dr. Ellison and he sent me for a number of tests, some with long wait lists. When I finally got in to do the tests, months later, Jayaraman's office didn't later call me with the results, even though they showed abnormalities. I finally called to make an appointment and came in three weeks after the last test. Dr. Jayaraman, after conferring with his staff, first told me they'd never received the results. They finally, grudgingly, called for the results, only to be, apparently, told they should have received them some time ago (from overhearing the conversation) and finally getting them. Dr. Jayaraman's discussion of the results amounted to: "Clearly something is not right given the tests. I can't really tell you what." Me: "So I should go see a specialist." Him: "Well...are you in pain? I don't know, something is wrong, surely, but maybe you don't need to go see a specialist." Me: "Yes, absolutely, I'm in pain, otherwise I would not be here in your office waiting for hours to get in and get my results." Him: "Oh, okay, we'll send you to a specialist." The office then never calls with an appointment or any info on what's going on. So I call back a month later, and they tell me there's a year wait list for this specialist. (Thanks for telling me now.) Then, three months later, I get a call from the specialist, reminding me of an appointment I didn't know I had. In chatting with the person at the specialist's office, it comes out that Dr. Jayaraman's office didn't send my referral until 45 days after my appointment and that they'd been faxed the date of my appointment but hadn't phoned me to tell me. 10 days later -- one day before the actual specialist appointment -- Dr. Jayaraman's office calls urgently to tell me I had an appointment. Yeah, thanks. I have a child. I can't imagine taking her to see Dr. Jayaraman, who would in the end not tell me what was wrong with my child and would spend weeks sitting on the necessary referral. I'd do better at a walk-in clinic. Maybe that's what Dr. Jayaraman is hoping.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

The two Philopino receptionists struggle to show any sort of decency and politeness towards patients. Dr. Jayaraman had us wait for almost two hours. Opinionated and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

I am a new patient of Dr. Jayaraman and had about 2 visits so far. My elderly parents are now his patients as well. So far we are very happy with him as our new doctor. He has been exceptionally kind to my parents and had a very thorough and holistic approach. He was very patient when I explained to him about all their medical conditions and hospitalizations so far. He definitely seemed to understand my concerns. He spent a lot of time to explain to me the nature of the conditions and the treatment options and what he thinks would be best, but left it up to me to make a choice what next. That's all I want to see in my doctor. I have no complaints.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

I have insomnia for many years. Previously Dr Ellison prescribed a certain medication that works for me. When I went to see Dr Jayaraman he basically said that I shouldn't be taking them and it's all in my head. He didn't ask me about my history or what has led up to my sleepless nights. He did finally prescribe the medication but he was quite rude through the visit. The two girls up in the front are sweet but the speaking filipino is very unprofessional. I doubt I'll be returning...

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017