Dr. Derek Ford

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Derek Ford

Dr. Ford is a phenomenal artist and is very caring. I first met Dr. Ford in 2008 when I had my lower blepharoplasty performed. I was plagued by dark circles and heavy bags since my teens. I was referred to Dr. Ford from a very good friend. I visited other surgeons prior to sitting down with Dr. Ford and the other surgeons felt the bags were too heavy and they could correct my situation by using fillers which would have to be redone every 6 months at a considerable cost. Dr. Ford made me confidant that he is an expert at upper and lower eye lid surgery and showed me some of his work. I committed to doing the lower eye lid surgery and my downtime was maximum 8 days, I had a bit of bruising BUT Dr. Ford literally made me look 10 years younger! Its been 8 years and my lower eyelids look as good as the day they were done! From 2008 - 2016, I visited Dr. Ford for Botox and I must say I get better results at a lower cost because I now realize that Dr. Ford knows what he is doing and where to inject the Botox while using the least amount as possible to get the desired results. For instance, I was out of town and visited a dermatologist that came highly recommended and the results were inferior to Dr. Ford at twice the cost! Over the years we have developed a relationship and I can confidently say that Dr. Ford truly cares. He never rushes our meetings, and is a very thorough doctor that explains procedures and answers my questions in a very patient and general way. Recently, I decided to get a Nose Job. I committed to the procedure in early 2016 and Dr. Ford made very effort to accommodate my desired date. The procedure was seamless. On the day of my procedure, Dr. Ford took some before pictures and his staff made me feel very comfortable. The procedure was performed using an open approach, dorsal hump reduction both cartilaginous and bony, endonasal osteotomies, spreader flaps, reduction of the caudal septum, cephalic trim of the lower lateral cartilage and tip unification with sutures. Bottom line, I got a lot done at a super price. One thing I read is that some doctors pack your nose post the procedure to contain bleeding and the stuffiness is said to be extremely uncomfortable. Dr. Ford did such a great job that he used no packing. I was able to sleep, I did not have to breathe through my nose and the swelling was moderate and the bruising resolved itself within 4 days. I must say that when the bandages came off, I was quite concerned but remember I got a ton done. I have had several meetings with Dr. Ford post the surgery and he has been very patient and everything he said would happen post surgery is coming to fruition. The results are getting better by the day and I still have some swelling in the tip given the tip revision and Dr. Ford is confidant that the swelling will resolve but will take up to a year. Patience is a must! Getting work done on your face is scary because you can not cover yourself up with clothing. The results I received are natural and amazing. Friends did comment that I got my eyes done and they said the results were amazing. I have had no comments on my nose even though I had a considerable amount of work done. The results are natural and I still look like myself. If you are considering getting any plastic surgery done, go to an expert...call Dr. Ford for a consultation.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

My lower eyelids began to look bizarre after using fillers for several years. I saw Dr Ford on a recommendation from a friend. He suggested blepharoplasty surgery as an alternative to using fillers. After much consideration, I went ahead with the surgery and could not be happier with my decision. Dr Ford is a conscientious surgeon. Amazing experience.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2019

Dr Ford is terrific! I had a breast reduction, absolutely no pain, just tenderness and the results outstanding. Dr Ford is a perfectionist who takes great pride in his work and the results are nothing short of sculptured fine art.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2019

I seldom write reviews but do need to compliment Dr Ford and his team on the exceptional follow up care and attention to detail. Dr Ford was available to answer questions after hours to ensure my results were optimal after mommy makeover surgery. The surgery has had a positive impact on my daily life. I continue to recommend Dr Ford to anyone considering this type of self improvement.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2019

I just read a negative rating on this Dr.. I also had a devastating out come with facial surgery .. it cost me more than money . My looks My Self-esteem I’m in constant pain . My eyes were so aggressively done they now look nothing look my eyes - to much fat skin and muscle removed . My eye health has deteriorated . This Dr shouldn’t be able to get away with this . Choose a facial plastic surgeon Not a Jack of all trades Master of none

Submitted November 7, 2019

Thank you Dr Ford for restoring shape to my neck. I appreciate your skill and care.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2019

I was very nervous about the whole process. One of my friend highly recommended Dr. Dereck to me. We are 2 hours away but it wasn'tan issue for us. I have to say the result highly unsurpassed my dream. You see, I am a late bloomer.... it only took me 45 years to finally get the boobs I always wanted. Thank you Dr. Dereck they are perfect and also a big tumbs up to your team.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2019

Dr. Ford is an amazing doctor. Very kind, patient, dedicated and extremely talented. His staff are awesome! I am very, very pleased with the results and would definitely recommend him. Thank you Dr. Ford, Davina

flag | Submitted September 16, 2019

I had an open blepharoplasty with Dr Ford to correct some not so good results from fat grafting I had done a year earlier with another doctor. Dr Ford was able to not only fixed my problem, but also improved my baseline as well. I couldn't be happier with results! Would highly recommend him to anyone considering eye surgery, from research I did there is only him and one other doctor in Canada who did a sub specialty in eye surgery after general plastic surgery. Excellent experience overall.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2019

I had a tummy tuck with Dr. Ford 3 months ago. This is the best decision I have ever made. It has changed my life for the better in every way.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2019

Dr. Derek Ford's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

At Ford Plastic Surgery, conveniently located in Toronto and Oshawa, Ontario, Dr. Derek Ford, certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, offers patients procedures for the breast, face, body, and skin. Dr. Ford and his staff help patients feel comfortable through their entire experience. To learn more about Dr. Ford and his staff book a consultation today or visit them online for more information.

• Polish
  • English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1998)

• Blepharoplasty