Ratings for Dr. Derek Ford

Dr. Ford is a phenomenal artist and is very caring. I first met Dr. Ford in 2008 when I had my lower blepharoplasty performed. I was plagued by dark circles and heavy bags since my teens. I was referred to Dr. Ford from a very good friend. I visited other surgeons prior to sitting down with Dr. Ford and the other surgeons felt the bags were too heavy and they could correct my situation by using fillers which would have to be redone every 6 months at a considerable cost. Dr. Ford made me confidant that he is an expert at upper and lower eye lid surgery and showed me some of his work. I committed to doing the lower eye lid surgery and my downtime was maximum 8 days, I had a bit of bruising BUT Dr. Ford literally made me look 10 years younger! Its been 8 years and my lower eyelids look as good as the day they were done! From 2008 - 2016, I visited Dr. Ford for Botox and I must say I get better results at a lower cost because I now realize that Dr. Ford knows what he is doing and where to inject the Botox while using the least amount as possible to get the desired results. For instance, I was out of town and visited a dermatologist that came highly recommended and the results were inferior to Dr. Ford at twice the cost! Over the years we have developed a relationship and I can confidently say that Dr. Ford truly cares. He never rushes our meetings, and is a very thorough doctor that explains procedures and answers my questions in a very patient and general way. Recently, I decided to get a Nose Job. I committed to the procedure in early 2016 and Dr. Ford made very effort to accommodate my desired date. The procedure was seamless. On the day of my procedure, Dr. Ford took some before pictures and his staff made me feel very comfortable. The procedure was performed using an open approach, dorsal hump reduction both cartilaginous and bony, endonasal osteotomies, spreader flaps, reduction of the caudal septum, cephalic trim of the lower lateral cartilage and tip unification with sutures. Bottom line, I got a lot done at a super price. One thing I read is that some doctors pack your nose post the procedure to contain bleeding and the stuffiness is said to be extremely uncomfortable. Dr. Ford did such a great job that he used no packing. I was able to sleep, I did not have to breathe through my nose and the swelling was moderate and the bruising resolved itself within 4 days. I must say that when the bandages came off, I was quite concerned but remember I got a ton done. I have had several meetings with Dr. Ford post the surgery and he has been very patient and everything he said would happen post surgery is coming to fruition. The results are getting better by the day and I still have some swelling in the tip given the tip revision and Dr. Ford is confidant that the swelling will resolve but will take up to a year. Patience is a must! Getting work done on your face is scary because you can not cover yourself up with clothing. The results I received are natural and amazing. Friends did comment that I got my eyes done and they said the results were amazing. I have had no comments on my nose even though I had a considerable amount of work done. The results are natural and I still look like myself. If you are considering getting any plastic surgery done, go to an expert...call Dr. Ford for a consultation.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr Ford is truly amazing! He is kind and made me feel very comfortable. I had a breast reduction and Im so pleased with the results ...... It was a wonderful experience thanks to him and his team.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I met Dr. Ford ten years ago to correct a previous under-eye surgery. In 2015 he performed a lower mid-face lift. Both times I travelled from out of town and both times he was worth it. His work is exceptional; he is caring and informative; after surgery care is complete. His staff is amazing and helpful. You always feel confident that you are getting the very best of care and that you have access to Dr. Ford. I am so thrilled to be a client! DR. FORD IS A NATIONAL TREASURE!!!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr Ford is very professional and made me feel very at ease during every step. Following breast cancer surgery, chemo and radiation treatments I was left with one breast much smaller, harder and misshapen (empty pocket) than the other. My cancer surgeon in Oshawa highly recommended I see Dr Ford to discuss restoration options. Dr Ford took the time to explain the options available to me. Due to radiation, a breast implant was not viable. It was decided to reduce the size of the larger breast to match the radiated one and to do a breast lift on both sides. Dr Ford performed the surgery at Lakeridge Health Oshawa as outpatient surgery in June 2016 (I was 53 at the time). He met with me again just prior to going to the OR to perform markings and answer any last minute questions. I felt extremely confident having him as my surgeon. Dr Ford reduced the size of each breast, "lifted" the remaining tissue, reduced the size of each areole, and filled in the cancer surgery site area with my excess tissue, leaving me with lolly pop incisions (around the areola and then straight down and under my breasts). I went home with drains on each side and A home care nurse came daily to check the drains and eventually remove them. When a minor issue with an inflamed stitch arose, Dr Ford saw me at the hospital for a quick removal and reassurance that all was healing as desired. I have had two followup appointments with him since the surgery to ensure everything has healed properly. When asked if I am glad I had the surgery, my reply is always a resounding YES!! I now feel more confident in swim wear and tighter fitting clothes. Even my oncologist was very impressed with the my new "girls". Sadly I have several friends that are also going through breast cancer treatments but I tell them about my positive experience with Dr Ford and his team and the confidence that was given back to me. They too hope to meet with him. Thank you Dr Ford!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Extremely happy with my facelift and blepharoplasty outcome. Dr Ford has a skill in delivering natural results.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Very highly recommend. Skillful and has an excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr Ford is an amazing doctor and he is such a nice, kind person as well. I had my breast augmentation done in 2010 and have been happy ever since with his work. I will only trust Dr Ford for any cosmetic procedures in my future!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

I cannot rate Dr Ford highly enough! I'm 5 weeks post lower blepharaplasty and an edoscopic brow lift. Dr Ford is a genius and I couldn't be happier with the results. He has a very calm, upfront, and informative demeanor. He always made time to answer my questions pre and post surgery. His skills as a surgeon surpassed even what I had hoped for. You read about botched surgeries, revision surgeries, and the emotional trauma suffered by people when this happens. I spent a long time researching doctors (I wanted the best) and had narrowed my choice down to two. I knew within minutes of meeting Dr Ford that I was in capable hands and he didn't disappoint.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Very good knowledge and very understanding and helpful before and after my surgery. I highly recommend dr Derek .Ford for your procedures .

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr. Ford is first and foremost a fantastic surgeon. I went to him for two procedures: a breast augmentation with breast lift and an upper/lower blepharoplasty. He not only performed these two procedures impeccably, but was kind, non-judgemental and completely professional. In making my decision re: size and kind of breast implant, I phoned and e-mailed his office a number of times with questions, and I always found his staff patient, responsive and kind, as well. Dr. Ford provided good advice in helping me make my decisions and, now that it is competed, i can see his advice and information was very trustworthy (which was my feeling at the time of my interactions with him). I would highly recommend Dr. Ford to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Derek Ford's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

At Ford Plastic Surgery, conveniently located in Toronto and Oshawa, Ontario, Dr. Derek Ford, certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, offers patients procedures for the breast, face, body, and skin. Dr. Ford and his staff help patients feel comfortable through their entire experience. To learn more about Dr. Ford and his staff book a consultation today or visit them online for more information.

• Polish
  • English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1998)

• Blepharoplasty