Ratings for Dr. Derek Ford

Dr. Ford is a phenomenal artist and is very caring. I first met Dr. Ford in 2008 when I had my lower blepharoplasty performed. I was plagued by dark circles and heavy bags since my teens. I was referred to Dr. Ford from a very good friend. I visited other surgeons prior to sitting down with Dr. Ford and the other surgeons felt the bags were too heavy and they could correct my situation by using fillers which would have to be redone every 6 months at a considerable cost. Dr. Ford made me confidant that he is an expert at upper and lower eye lid surgery and showed me some of his work. I committed to doing the lower eye lid surgery and my downtime was maximum 8 days, I had a bit of bruising BUT Dr. Ford literally made me look 10 years younger! Its been 8 years and my lower eyelids look as good as the day they were done! From 2008 - 2016, I visited Dr. Ford for Botox and I must say I get better results at a lower cost because I now realize that Dr. Ford knows what he is doing and where to inject the Botox while using the least amount as possible to get the desired results. For instance, I was out of town and visited a dermatologist that came highly recommended and the results were inferior to Dr. Ford at twice the cost! Over the years we have developed a relationship and I can confidently say that Dr. Ford truly cares. He never rushes our meetings, and is a very thorough doctor that explains procedures and answers my questions in a very patient and general way. Recently, I decided to get a Nose Job. I committed to the procedure in early 2016 and Dr. Ford made very effort to accommodate my desired date. The procedure was seamless. On the day of my procedure, Dr. Ford took some before pictures and his staff made me feel very comfortable. The procedure was performed using an open approach, dorsal hump reduction both cartilaginous and bony, endonasal osteotomies, spreader flaps, reduction of the caudal septum, cephalic trim of the lower lateral cartilage and tip unification with sutures. Bottom line, I got a lot done at a super price. One thing I read is that some doctors pack your nose post the procedure to contain bleeding and the stuffiness is said to be extremely uncomfortable. Dr. Ford did such a great job that he used no packing. I was able to sleep, I did not have to breathe through my nose and the swelling was moderate and the bruising resolved itself within 4 days. I must say that when the bandages came off, I was quite concerned but remember I got a ton done. I have had several meetings with Dr. Ford post the surgery and he has been very patient and everything he said would happen post surgery is coming to fruition. The results are getting better by the day and I still have some swelling in the tip given the tip revision and Dr. Ford is confidant that the swelling will resolve but will take up to a year. Patience is a must! Getting work done on your face is scary because you can not cover yourself up with clothing. The results I received are natural and amazing. Friends did comment that I got my eyes done and they said the results were amazing. I have had no comments on my nose even though I had a considerable amount of work done. The results are natural and I still look like myself. If you are considering getting any plastic surgery done, go to an expert...call Dr. Ford for a consultation.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Three years after my breast augmentation, and I am still so happy with the results. I have had no complications and I still remember how efficient and proficient the Dr. Ford's team is! I highly recommend him for his professionalism and knowledge for my surgery.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Ford. Very happy with my rhinoplasty outcome and care.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Dr Ford is absolutely amazing! I knew on my initial consultation that I was in good hands and booked my procedure before leaving that day. I had a breast reduction revision and my results are incredible. I could not be happier! Dr, Ford took the time to go over procedure and my expected goals. He exceeded my expectations by miles. I had little to no pain and felt great the afternoon of surgery. My sister has a tummy tuck a few years ago with Dr Ford and it's the incredible. a few of my friends had this procedure done with other surgeons and they do not compare at all. The staff and surgical team are the best!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. I can wait to buy some new bikini's :)

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I am thrilled with my Botox and fillers. I have been a patient of Dr Ford for approximately five years. The results are consistently natural.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Dr. Ford is a very caring doctor and very personable. He did an excellent job. I had a face lift in 2015 - sagging jowls and neck. I could not be happier. I also had osteoarthritis in the thumb of my left hand. The joint kept dislocating and I was unable to perform my activities of daily living, including dressing myself, cooking, etc. and it also affected my job. After the surgery, I am able to do everything I was able to do before and I have full range of motion. The scar is very minimal. I also had an abdominoplasty in 2016 and am very pleased with the result. He was with me every step of the way and eased all my concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Ford.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Beyond what I had expected. I have regained my confidence after blepharoplasty surgery. A very positive experience. Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

I had a tummy tuck in 2009 and Dr Ford did an amazing job. I was referred by a friend who had extensive work done after a large weight loss and absolutely loved him. He was very professional , kind and patient. He explained everything and did an amazing job . I decided to get a tummy tuck because even after exercising I could not get rid of my mommy pouch . I was self conscience and hiding behind clothes . He gave me the confidence to wear what I want now. The first week after surgery was the worse but after that I felt pretty good. I was in my early 40s. Now in my late 40s closer to 50 I have been struggling with how big my breast where and excersing became an issue as I was getting constant injuries in behind my should blades. Constant chiropractor, massage therapy and not being able to workout like I want or wear blouses . I was now become a person who would hide behind clothes again . I got a doctors referral and saw dr ford again to get a breast reduction . I was a 36 DD now I am a 36 C or 38 B . I feel great. I would recommend dr ford to anyone . Also recommend getting what is required to bring your self confidence back. Both surgeries I don't regret and would tell anyone thinking about it go for it.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Thank you Dr. Ford and staff for your care and attention to detail. It has been 6 months since my breast augmentation surgery and I can not be happier my result.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I am from the Durham Region and was part of the High Risk Breast Assessment Clinic in the Oshawa Hospital. After many years of consistent biopsies, scares and strong family history of breast cancer I decided to have a double mastectomy. Dr. Ford was highly recommended by my surgeon. Dr. Ford was kind, patient, understanding, respectful and calm even when things around him were not calm. I would highly recommend Dr. Ford, only downfall of him being so good is the wait time in his office.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Dr. Derek Ford's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

At Ford Plastic Surgery, conveniently located in Toronto and Oshawa, Ontario, Dr. Derek Ford, certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, offers patients procedures for the breast, face, body, and skin. Dr. Ford and his staff help patients feel comfortable through their entire experience. To learn more about Dr. Ford and his staff book a consultation today or visit them online for more information.

• Polish
  • English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1998)

• Blepharoplasty