Dr. Derek Ford

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Derek Ford

Dr. Ford is a phenomenal artist and is very caring. I first met Dr. Ford in 2008 when I had my lower blepharoplasty performed. I was plagued by dark circles and heavy bags since my teens. I was referred to Dr. Ford from a very good friend. I visited other surgeons prior to sitting down with Dr. Ford and the other surgeons felt the bags were too heavy and they could correct my situation by using fillers which would have to be redone every 6 months at a considerable cost. Dr. Ford made me confidant that he is an expert at upper and lower eye lid surgery and showed me some of his work. I committed to doing the lower eye lid surgery and my downtime was maximum 8 days, I had a bit of bruising BUT Dr. Ford literally made me look 10 years younger! Its been 8 years and my lower eyelids look as good as the day they were done! From 2008 - 2016, I visited Dr. Ford for Botox and I must say I get better results at a lower cost because I now realize that Dr. Ford knows what he is doing and where to inject the Botox while using the least amount as possible to get the desired results. For instance, I was out of town and visited a dermatologist that came highly recommended and the results were inferior to Dr. Ford at twice the cost! Over the years we have developed a relationship and I can confidently say that Dr. Ford truly cares. He never rushes our meetings, and is a very thorough doctor that explains procedures and answers my questions in a very patient and general way. Recently, I decided to get a Nose Job. I committed to the procedure in early 2016 and Dr. Ford made very effort to accommodate my desired date. The procedure was seamless. On the day of my procedure, Dr. Ford took some before pictures and his staff made me feel very comfortable. The procedure was performed using an open approach, dorsal hump reduction both cartilaginous and bony, endonasal osteotomies, spreader flaps, reduction of the caudal septum, cephalic trim of the lower lateral cartilage and tip unification with sutures. Bottom line, I got a lot done at a super price. One thing I read is that some doctors pack your nose post the procedure to contain bleeding and the stuffiness is said to be extremely uncomfortable. Dr. Ford did such a great job that he used no packing. I was able to sleep, I did not have to breathe through my nose and the swelling was moderate and the bruising resolved itself within 4 days. I must say that when the bandages came off, I was quite concerned but remember I got a ton done. I have had several meetings with Dr. Ford post the surgery and he has been very patient and everything he said would happen post surgery is coming to fruition. The results are getting better by the day and I still have some swelling in the tip given the tip revision and Dr. Ford is confidant that the swelling will resolve but will take up to a year. Patience is a must! Getting work done on your face is scary because you can not cover yourself up with clothing. The results I received are natural and amazing. Friends did comment that I got my eyes done and they said the results were amazing. I have had no comments on my nose even though I had a considerable amount of work done. The results are natural and I still look like myself. If you are considering getting any plastic surgery done, go to an expert...call Dr. Ford for a consultation.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Dr. Ford is an amazing surgeon? April 2p17 I had a breast reduction and I feel and look amazing. He listened to my concerns and answered all my questions to easy my nerves. His staff especially Katherine who works out of the Toronto office goes above and beyond to make sure that you as a patient are taken care of before during and after the procedure. I wouldn't think twice about seeing him again.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I would do it all again, Dr Ford is great, a very caring kind man, with a great bed side manner....And the staff was also caring....I would recommend Dr Ford, if you are looking at making your body better.....Thanks Again

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I can not say enough great things about Dr. Ford. 3 weeks ago Dr. Ford performed abdominoplasty and breast augmentation. I saw 4 different surgeons before I decided Dr. Ford was the best! He always made me feel at ease at each appointment, and the results from the surgery are fantastic! He really listened to what I wanted and made sure I was comfortable with every decision. I had to stay overnight at the clinic in Toronto...although it was more like a spa. I wish I could have stayed there longer! The nurses were fantastic and Dr. Ford made sure I was comfortable and feeling well enough the next morning to go home. I highly recommend Dr. Ford!!!!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

I am very happy with my tummy tuck procedure and care that I received with Dr Ford and his staff. I continue to share my experience with friends and recommend Dr Ford as a surgeon that I would choose again.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr. Ford was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was very patient, answered all of my questions - to which there were many and guided me through the entire process. I never felt rushed. I met with many doctors and found myself to be most comfortable with him and am glad I did as he did an incredible job with my eyes! I couldn't be happier with the outcome. My eyes look very natural - people keep saying how fabulous I look but have no idea I did bleph surgery. My scars are almost completely gone at 3 months. Also, post surgery Dr. Ford was always available to me when I had questions or concerns. He gave me his mobile number so I texted him and he got right back to me, answering my questions and putting me at ease. I would highly recommend Dr. Ford!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr Ford has been a significant part of my Breast Cancer journey. There's no question that he is a skilled surgeon, but it's his passion, dedication and authenticity that sets him apart; and it is for these reasons that I trust him implicitly. With his guidance and support I have navigated through the reconstruction process and am very satisfied with the results. Between him and his team (office and hospital staff) I always felt I was in good hands; and for this I will always be grateful. Thank you for what you do, and who you are.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Dr. Ford was the only plastic surgeon I consulted for an upper and lower blepharoplasty, and I brought along my physician husband to help with questions as well as give me his opinion of Dr. Ford after the consult. Dr. Ford was very pleasant, thoughtful in his responses to my list of questions, and really took his time with us, but I never felt pressured to make a decision. Prior to my appointment, while we waited in the waiting room, he even came out to apologize that he was running late. My husband was impressed with his professionalism, demeanor and answers to our questions, and told me after our appointment that if I really want to have this surgery, Dr. Ford was the right plastic surgeon to do it. I booked my blepharoplasty (both upper and lower) for mid-May and while I was nervous leading up to the surgery date, I had no hesitation that I had chosen the right surgeon for the job. The first few days following surgery were the most difficult - but only when I looked in the mirror! The pain factor was pretty minimal and although I had to sleep upright, I really had very little discomfort. I followed Dr. Ford's post-surgery instructions to the letter, and spent much of my days listening to audio books so I could keep cold compresses on my swollen eyes. My stitches were removed on Day 7, and although Dr. Ford was very gentle, I would say that the stitch removal hurt more than the actual surgery! I am now two months post-surgery, and could not be happier with the results. My husband (who wasn't sure I should have the surgery in the first place) admits that I look refreshed and beautiful - like myself but 15 years younger. I am thrilled every time I look in the mirror, and doing eye makeup is a dream. I love my eyes now! Thank you so much, Dr. Ford!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

I've worked with many doctors that have very poor bedside manner and a knows it all attitude. Dr. Ford is nothing like that. Even tho he was late for my consult meeting, he apologized and dedicated his time to me. I didn't feel rushed and he was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. Dr. Ford is patient, calm and friendly. Dr. Ford is truly an artist and I'm so happy with my breast augmentation! Dr. Ford is very good at what he does. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Ford. I first met him for reconstruction after Breast Cancer. Dr. Ford made me feel whole again so I went back to have him preform an abdominoplasty. The results are fantastic. Thank you Dr. Ford for all of you help.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Derek Ford's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

At Ford Plastic Surgery, conveniently located in Toronto and Oshawa, Ontario, Dr. Derek Ford, certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, offers patients procedures for the breast, face, body, and skin. Dr. Ford and his staff help patients feel comfortable through their entire experience. To learn more about Dr. Ford and his staff book a consultation today or visit them online for more information.

• Polish
  • English

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1998)

• Blepharoplasty