Ratings for Dr. Sam Azer

Dr. Azer helped me when another physician in Edmonton was a problem. He spent a long time answering my questions and explaining to me which that other physician did not do. It really showed how incompetent that Edmonton physician is.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Worst "doctor" ever!!!!! I have never in my life had such a painful experience during a HSG test. First I waited 2 hours for my appointment. And then because he was late, he shot the dye up so quick that I started to cramp right away!! He never explained the fact that the tubes might spasm which may cause them to look like they are blocked. I almost started to cry during the procedure (and I have had gone through a natural birth without an epidural!) He later proceeded to tell me that both my tubes were blocked and that I should call the IVF clinic right away because I have basically no chance of getting pregnant naturally. Of course I was devastated. Good thing I got a second opinion!! Stay away from this doctor!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Horrible hack of a Dr. Wouldn't send my worst enemy to him. He has no bedside manner what so ever. And he disrespects women. I have heard many complications occurring from his butcher jobs. Why he is still medically licensed is beyond me.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Excellent Doctor!!! I Would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Terrible doctor and possibly a terrible human being!!! I mean it. He is short, abrupt, cruel and generally doesn't give a sh*t. I severely questions his competency and his ethics. He actively up-charges for visits where he does nothing. I was there because I was referred to him and concerned about my fertility. My significant other was accompanying for all my appointments and was additionally having his sperm tested. Azer and his office would drum up reasons that would quantify my boyfriend's presence as a visits where Azer's office would do no work. Additionally, after leaving the last appointment he told me to make an appointment for the next procedure. I called to do so and the staff stated that I needed to sign consent forms to book the second procedure. This seems unlikely since I signed the consent form for my first procedure the day of the procedure. Seems like another way to drum up another fee for service visit out of the tax payers dollars.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

I wanted to be referred to another hospital for my delivery that was closer to my home. As soon as I asked he stood up said "you are no longer my patient, good bye" and walked out...I asked for my letter of estimated due date and he said "you will have to ask your new doctor" are you kidding me? I had been with him for 5 years as my OB, never was prepared for our sessions, always asked "so why are you here" at 30 weeks pregnant, there is 1 reason to be in his office...When we found out we were having complications he never explained to me what they were properly. I went to a walk in clinic and found out that it was not as serious as previously thought. I am happy to be waiting to see another OB for my delivery.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

THE WORST DOCTER I'VE EVER SEEN... I started seeing him at my 8 weeks pregnancy; Dr. Azer sent me for my Ultrasound and blood screening, and 3 weeks after I went for my appointment and, asked Doctor about the results for blood screening and ultrasound and Dr. Azer told me that everything came back normal. Sow I continued seeing him for my regulars appointment and at my 18 weeks pregnancy he sent me for my anatomy ultrasound, and went to see him again at my 20 weeks after telling me that my blood work triple screening were normal before, he has the face to tell me that my blood work came back abnormal. Look like he didn't look at it before. Dr. rushed to make a phone call to Royal Alex to send me for an amniocentesis was a little be to late to do all of that. Im so mad at that Dr. he did not apologize for his big mistake. Please be careful with that DR.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013