Ratings for Dr. Raphael Magana

This guy is a joke! Can't believe he has such good reviews. He probably wrote the good ones himself. He will NEVER be on time. You will probably be waiting an hour past your appointment time. Took out a text book for an issue I was having?! That didn't make me feel like he knew what he was doing. And to top it off, as I was waiting in the chair forever I could overhear him talking down to his staff(who were super nice and apologetic) in another room. I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

One of the best! He is kind and personable and very honest. He always chooses economical solutions over expensive fixes. Sure, he is sometimes behind in time, but who is perfect? Quality dentistry takes time and he is well worth it. Highly recommended by my whole family.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

This dentist needs to learn time management. I waited over an hour to have him finally do my exam.. I will not be returning..

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

Old teeth still choppin..Dr Magana in all my years the best. Thank-you good man

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Best dentist! I drive from south Nanaimo and wouldn't consider seeing anyone else!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

He is an awesome dentist, I have been going to see him since 2008 and it has always been pleasant.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

He's a very nice guy. Personable, but is always running late. After 6 years of going to him, I would give in a 5 out of 10 for his work. Needed space for my retainer but instead of sanding down a little space he got the drill disk sander and made a big gap and told me he could bond it later. After that i decided to get a new dentist; instead of being on time he rushed my dental work and left me with a noticeable gap. Like I said, nice guy, but you can find a better dentist.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

This dentist is excellent, he is very courteous and pleasant and kind. He has helped me overcome my phobia of dentists. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I visited Dr. Magana out of urgency. I found him to be extremely personable, courteous and very good as a dentist. He took care of a major problem without trauma in any way to me! I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

Great dentist, painless freezing and he is very personable. Both my wife and myself maintain regular care with him and his staff. This dentist will answer all questions and concerns frankly and in a friendly manner and is to be trusted completely. He will not suggest a procedure that is not needed. His staff will get you in quickly if an emergency arises. I've seen many dentists over the years and this one is the best by far.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013