Ratings for Dr. John Daskalogiannakis

Exceptional service from the front desk up. Can't recommend highly enough.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2018

As an adult (25), the thought of wearing braces was an absolutely a nightmare until more recent improvements with Invisalign. Thanks to the careful explanation of my options by Dr. Dask and his team, I was treated to a game-changing experience. While my family and childhood home still resides in the Beaches area, I ended up commuting from Yonge and Eglinton (where I now live) and it was absolutely WORTH IT for the professional service and fantastic results I received. In all honesty, I thought it would be so much worse to wear "braces" (Invisalign) as an adult, but it actually turned out to be an amazing experience which was close to 100% pain free AND hardly anyone noticed the retainer or tooth-coloured brackets. I was fairly diligent with my oral care (as per the instruction to rinse the retainer trays with Polident tablets every few days), so when I had the brackets removed, I had absolutely no stains or issues. I had my teeth whitened the next day at the dentist and was married 3 days later... Talk about TIMING. Wow. Everyone was so supportive and willing to help me "reach my orthodontic goals" (speeding up the treatment with more frequent tray switches and or prioritizing appointments) before my wedding date; I'm so impressed. No matter what age you are, wearing any form of braces is an amazing experience in the hands of Dr. Dask and the entire Beach Braces team. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Our daughter, Emma now has a great smile! Getting there was not easy for her or for us but we had Dr. John Daskalogiannakis – yes, the name is a mouthful and he gets you a mouthful of beautifully aligned teeth! We think he is the best orthodontist! More importantly, our daughter says, “He is the best orthodontist ever!” Here is why… Emma needed to have orthodontic treatment starting from the age of 8 years old. Almost ten years later, she is now finished. Dr. Dask (as Dr. Daskalogiannakis is commonly known as) came highly recommended to us by her dentist. We met him and liked his very professional demeanor, sense of humour, and very empathetic nature. His many certificates on the wall already confirmed to us he was a very skilled and experienced specialist. Also, equally important to us was how Dr. Dask’s team worked with him and with us. The members of the team (special thank you to Sandra who was there with us from our first visit to the day the braces came off) he has. They too are very skilled and extremely friendly which is so important as they are the people you also see regularly and are working on your child. We knew then that Beach Braces was where we were bringing our kids (Emma’s brother also had his teeth taken care of at Beach Braces). Our daughter’s bite needed lots of help. Her teeth were misaligned and off-centred. More of an issue was that her jaws were not the same size which meant she could not bite or chew well. For 10 years she suffered through awkward chewing that was unsightly and physically challenging. To get to an optimal performance state for her bite, Emma’s treatment included having her palate expanded, wearing braces, and undergoing corrective jaw surgery. The thought of our daughter having to undergo corrective jaw surgery was a nightmare for us. We knew about it for years as Dr. Dask warned us of this possibility very early on. Emma was very brave, but we were very emotionally a mess. Dr. Dask clearly saw that and provided us with the mental support we needed to get through this. While Dr. Dask was not the surgeon for the jaw surgery, he came to see us in the waiting area of the hospital before Emma went in and then also came by after surgery to check on all of us. He was always very transparent about what to expect so that we were not surprised (read: shocked by what we would see post-surgery and during recovery). His presence was so comforting and more appreciated than he knows. We had such a positive experience and outcome from Beach Braces. Dr. Dask is the best orthodontist to identify and design a solution to give your child a good bite and a healthy, beautiful smile! Thank you Dr. Dask and to the team at Beach Braces!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2018

Dr. Dask and his staff are fabulous! All three of our children have had braces put on by Dr. Dask and the last child just had hers off. All three have spectacular smiles thanks to Dr. Dask and his expertise. He is a true professional and is always patient, kind and thorough with regards to all of our orthodontic needs. The staff in the office are also exceptional, I truly feel like I'm visiting old friends as we've been in and out of the office for the last 6 years with all of our kids. I am now also a patient of Beach Braces as I too have decided to get braces (invisalign). The care I've received is top notch and I look forward to all my upcoming visits and know I'm in the hands of an exemplary team led by Dr. Dask.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

Dr. Dask is a great orthodontist - perfect combination of personable and professional. We’re very please with the outcome of our daughter’s orthodontic work, and all of the recommendations given to us from Dr. Dask. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

John is one of the most talented, thorough, and amiable dental professionals I have ever encountered. John put braces on both of my children, so we've been going to him for almost ten years. My children's smiles are now perfect. Great job. I (we) highly recommend Dr. Daskalogiannakis. Thanks so much John. All the best. Stephen, Taylor, and Bella Patterson

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr. Dask and his staff are incredible. I went to Beach Braces seeking treatment for my narrow crooked smile and class III malocclusion (underbite). Two years and one double jaw surgery later I have a smile I never thought was possible. Dr. Dask worked together with a phenomenal surgeon to correct my bite and the results are perfect. I can't stop smiling. I am so happy with my decision and would recommend Dr. Dask to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Prior to beginning the orthodontic journey for our three daughters, I did my research. Dr. Dask and his team of professionals have exceeded our expectations on all levels. Dr. Dask is a top notch professional. He is innovative, empathetic, talented, forward thinking, charismatic, fun and an exceptional human being. His technology is leading edge. His team is warm, supportive and professional. The results and the outcome of each one of our daughters' journey has been outstanding. I would not even consider looking for another orthodontist. We are so fortunate to have this world class professional in our neighbourhood.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

We were fortunate to be referred to Beaches Braces. Dr. Dask and his staff worked on my Daughters very challenging orthodontic situation for a period of five years. Dr. Dask strategically planned and coordinated the work to be done in stages along with recruited other needed practitioners (a great surgeon and awesome Dentist) and planned a way to fix an unfortunate situation my Daughter had experience prior to meeting Dr. Dask. The result is far superior to what we expected and it’s given my Daughter back her confidence. We can’t say enough about this organization and Dr. Dask himself.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

One of the nicest parts of living in the Beaches is to be able to have Dr. Dask as the Orthodontist for my three children who are now 23, 20 and 17. They (and I) all spent many years in and out of Dr. Dask's wonderful offices. The last one, thankfully from a financial perspective only, got her braces off last week and she, like my two sons, were thrilled with the results. Each one of them had a not so straightforward treatment plan and it was so wonderful to know that we had Dr. Dask and his considered and thoughtful approach to the best way to resolve the issues and produce a beautiful, straight and finished smile! He treated us all as a member of the family and helped to alleviate any of our concerns. He is dedicated to his patients and a real people's person and I highly recommend him. I also highly recommend all of his support staff. They are kind and thorough and very professional and the front office staff helped out with all of the issues such as rescheduling appointments and getting all of the insurance or other payment issues addressed promptly and effectively. Luckily there are still some follow up appointments to monitor the final result on my daughter so we will still have an excuse to stop by again in the near future. 5 stars plus to Dr. Dask and team!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017