Ratings for Dr. Mathieu Belanger

Dr.B is exceptionally skilled at what he does. Now that he is running his own clinic, problems such as punctuality have been all but eradicated. The previous group he worked under was incredibly disorganized, dishonest and only in practice for the money. His front line staff (Gina and Marc) are phenomenal. I can't say much about the others to be honest. In terms of communication, I genuinely believe there is sometimes a gap based on a language barrier and culture but if you spend enough time working with him he always does his best to ensure his patients leave with some optimism about their condition or disease and he has shared genuinely that it hurts him to know that many of his patients deal with so much pain. I know I have sometimes been frustrated with asking questions to which I don't necessarily get an immediate answer. I have always been impressed to return to my next appointment with a response to my question. I feel like he would rather process questions and answer with as much pertinent information as possible rather than give an "off the cuff" response. He is a kind and gentle man although it is true, in his examination and manipulation a to determine his best course of action it can cause significant pain. He can't treat you if he doesn't assess you! YES....his treatments can be very painful but at the end of the day they have helped me enormously. I went from using a walker at 42 yoa to walking and being completely independent because of those "rancid and painful" injections. I would rather have 30 minutes of pain than live with the pain I had previous to his treatment plan!! It hurts me to read such negative reviews about him.....people have to remember that not every doctor is going to be the doctor for you. Is that not true of any other condition?? Pain is a specialty and he is one of the best if not the best in Ottawa. To call him a "one trick pony" I would advise you to visit his state of the art new clinic. He has one of the best outfitted clinics I have ever seen with top of the line equipment and numerous Inovative treatment options available to patients in Canada!!! I am a health care professional myself and some of his equipment is better than what we have in our acute care centres in Ottawa so....bottom line....if you can get in, see this man. He is honest, devoted, compassionate and will find you what you need.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Always running behind...plan to wait for an hour. Try to talk to him and you may as well talk to yourself. If you can find a different doctor, do yourself a favor.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I will admit, his bedside manner leaves a little to be desired but this man knows what he's doing. I've seen countless doctors and tried every drug therapy/treatment known to man. After suffering for many years with debilitating lower back pain, my pain has almost vanished in a matter of weeks.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Dr.Bélanger changed my life big time !!! After 2 cervical surgery's in 2007-08 ive lived a pure nightmare and was so depressed cause ive lost my busy life at 35 years old,now after 2 months of going to him for my pain,my life is coming back a little at a time !! Dr.b. is the best thing i could hope for and so greatfull for all the injections (( that hurt like hell )) but so pain relief after..tks son much for changing and continuing changing my life..from a happy wife and mother of 2

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

He is the leading doctor specializing in Pain Management. However, His treatment is extremely painful but effective after about a week of recovery time. Like most specialists, he doesn't have much of a bedside manner and seemed unsympathetic to my situation. I guess it's your call as to whether the pros outweigh the cons in making the decision on receiving his treatment or not.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

Dr. B has an incredible knowledge, skill, and bedside manner. He works with me to find treatments that work for me. He is always on top of new research and trends and is able to adapt his treatment strategy to align with current pain treatment knowledge. Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr. Belanger is a thoughtful, thorough professional with a very good manner. He is not willing to give up trying to improve your pain level/quality of life until he has exhausted the many protocols he has at his disposal. Fantastic experience for me. I know not all can be helped for whatever reason, but this Dr. goes the extra distance for all his patients.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

There is not enough words in the world to use to describe how outstanding this doctor is. I have nothing but true respect and gratefulness for what this man has done for my life. I wish there was more I could for him to make his life easier. With the overload of work in the field of chronic pain, this poor man has taken on more patients than anyone should have to, but he does so because as he has told me personally, it hurts him to have to see so many people suffering for nothing when they can be helped if someone would just take the time to see them as a whole person and not just a patient number. He takes the time to listen to each patient and because he does not cut anyone short, he does fall behind on occasion, but nothing like what some of the clinics do. If there was any way this man could be cloned, it would do the world a great deal of good!!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

Dr. Mathieu Belanger's Credentials

• u of Montreal (Grad. 2007)

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr.B is exceptionally skilled at what he does. Now that he is running his own clinic, problems such as punctuality have been all but eradicated. The previous gr..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Very poor organization, always late and poor communication . Waste of time, with no results. "

March 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Staff is rude, he's rude. One trick pony with nerve blocks. Keep looking for a better dr."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Always running behind...plan to wait for an hour. Try to talk to him and you may as well talk to yourself. If you can find a different doctor, do yourself a fav..."

August 7, 2015