Dr. Mathieu Belanger

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mathieu Belanger

Changed my life . I used to manage pain now Dr.Belanger manages my pain and I managed my life Awesome . Thank you

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

The best. With Regenerative medicine: welcome to the future. He can fix your back like he fixed mine. I clearly don't understand the previous negative comments.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2017

Where should I start... Punstuality, a total zero on ten. He can basically show up at the clinic at 11ham when you are scheduled at 9ham. So patience is totally required. On top of that, he will be rude with you during the treatment ! Once I totally had enough, I have asked him to be transferred to either Dr. Constant or Dr. Howard and he told me my options were to stay with him or find another clinic. The staff is great but the turnover is really high. Probably is sign that no one can work with him. If he treats his staff as bad as his clients, no surprise why they don't stay around very long. I would recommend you find another clinic or you insist on being scheduled with one of the other 2 doctors.

Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Belanger has helped me with my back pain! He's very knowledgeable when it comes to pain management and regenerative medicine. I love the rehabilitation services that they have bcuz their team is really competent, they have me helpful advice that other doctors did not mention.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr Belanger is an amazing Dr he has helped me soooo much I would recommend anyone who has back pain and neck pain to go see him

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

He knows what he's doing!! He's a great Doctor & has a Great Staff !!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr.B is exceptionally skilled at what he does. Now that he is running his own clinic, problems such as punctuality have been all but eradicated. The previous group he worked under was incredibly disorganized, dishonest and only in practice for the money. His front line staff (Gina and Marc) are phenomenal. I can't say much about the others to be honest. In terms of communication, I genuinely believe there is sometimes a gap based on a language barrier and culture but if you spend enough time working with him he always does his best to ensure his patients leave with some optimism about their condition or disease and he has shared genuinely that it hurts him to know that many of his patients deal with so much pain. I know I have sometimes been frustrated with asking questions to which I don't necessarily get an immediate answer. I have always been impressed to return to my next appointment with a response to my question. I feel like he would rather process questions and answer with as much pertinent information as possible rather than give an "off the cuff" response. He is a kind and gentle man although it is true, in his examination and manipulation a to determine his best course of action it can cause significant pain. He can't treat you if he doesn't assess you! YES....his treatments can be very painful but at the end of the day they have helped me enormously. I went from using a walker at 42 yoa to walking and being completely independent because of those "rancid and painful" injections. I would rather have 30 minutes of pain than live with the pain I had previous to his treatment plan!! It hurts me to read such negative reviews about him.....people have to remember that not every doctor is going to be the doctor for you. Is that not true of any other condition?? Pain is a specialty and he is one of the best if not the best in Ottawa. To call him a "one trick pony" I would advise you to visit his state of the art new clinic. He has one of the best outfitted clinics I have ever seen with top of the line equipment and numerous Inovative treatment options available to patients in Canada!!! I am a health care professional myself and some of his equipment is better than what we have in our acute care centres in Ottawa so....bottom line....if you can get in, see this man. He is honest, devoted, compassionate and will find you what you need.

Submitted April 4, 2016

Always running behind...plan to wait for an hour. Try to talk to him and you may as well talk to yourself. If you can find a different doctor, do yourself a favor.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I will admit, his bedside manner leaves a little to be desired but this man knows what he's doing. I've seen countless doctors and tried every drug therapy/treatment known to man. After suffering for many years with debilitating lower back pain, my pain has almost vanished in a matter of weeks.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Dr.Bélanger changed my life big time !!! After 2 cervical surgery's in 2007-08 ive lived a pure nightmare and was so depressed cause ive lost my busy life at 35 years old,now after 2 months of going to him for my pain,my life is coming back a little at a time !! Dr.b. is the best thing i could hope for and so greatfull for all the injections (( that hurt like hell )) but so pain relief after..tks son much for changing and continuing changing my life..from a happy wife and mother of 2

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Dr. Mathieu Belanger's Credentials

• u of Montreal (Grad. 2007)