Ratings for Dr. Mathieu Belanger

I prefer Dr Belanger over the other doctor (Engfield ) any day. He speaks more French than English and his communication skills need improving. At least he helps with my pain. The other doctor isn't helping...hindering more like it. He prescribes so many opiods its way passed the therapeutic dose and is detrimental actually. Instead of helping my pain he made me sick with the over medication. His co worker needs help apparently. I looked at the college of physician and surgeon website and Dr engfield is in big trouble and needs a supervisor with him at all times if he wants to practice medicine. He should be called a drug dealer but nope he is apparently a doctor. Well would you want a doctor precscibing u opiods if he is being forced to retake the safe prescribing class. Totally incompetent. I suppose Dr belanger is better than nothing. He could brush up on his punctuality though. The staff there are bottom of the barrel if you ask me. Especially the dark nurse looks like she hates her job and looks like she would rather be anywhere else than helping you and the receptionist should stop taking smoke breaks and answer the darn phone .

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

I will start by saying that the staff is amazing and patient which makes me wonder how they do it .. working for an individual who has no respect. I've been a patient over there for a little while now Im thinking about going somewhere else because the waiting time is crazy and Dr Belanger is not helping the situation by being disrespectful and aggressive. To be a Good doctor you have to have compassion which he doesnt have. He should go in a different field Chronic Pain is definitely not for him. On the other hand, my aunt is being treated by Dr Howarth she said he's a great doctor.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Where should I start... Punstuality, a total zero on ten. He can basically show up at the clinic at 11ham when you are scheduled at 9ham. So patience is totally required. On top of that, he will be rude with you during the treatment ! Once I totally had enough, I have asked him to be transferred to either Dr. Constant or Dr. Howard and he told me my options were to stay with him or find another clinic. The staff is great but the turnover is really high. Probably is sign that no one can work with him. If he treats his staff as bad as his clients, no surprise why they don't stay around very long. I would recommend you find another clinic or you insist on being scheduled with one of the other 2 doctors.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Belanger has helped me with my back pain! He's very knowledgeable when it comes to pain management and regenerative medicine. I love the rehabilitation services that they have bcuz their team is really competent, they have me helpful advice that other doctors did not mention.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

While the otger staff members at his clinic are great. Dr. B has no bedside manners what so ever. If you're scheduled at 9am, don't expect him to even arrive at the clinic till 10-10:30, let alone see you until 30-45 mins later. He has stopped entering a patients room to answer his cell. While he is knowledgeable on chronic pain, he is lacks the ability to run a smooth clinic. It is very obvious his staff are over worked, probably under compensated and he would rather take on more than he can chew to advance his business and make more money, than actually work on his own customer service. My advice? See another doctor. I've heard great things about the 2 other physicians in the clinic, or look at another clinic all together.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

I went there for over a yr and I found of has rude I would. see someone eles sorry

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Dr Belanger is an amazing Dr he has helped me soooo much I would recommend anyone who has back pain and neck pain to go see him

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

He knows what he's doing!! He's a great Doctor & has a Great Staff !!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr.B is exceptionally skilled at what he does. Now that he is running his own clinic, problems such as punctuality have been all but eradicated. The previous group he worked under was incredibly disorganized, dishonest and only in practice for the money. His front line staff (Gina and Marc) are phenomenal. I can't say much about the others to be honest. In terms of communication, I genuinely believe there is sometimes a gap based on a language barrier and culture but if you spend enough time working with him he always does his best to ensure his patients leave with some optimism about their condition or disease and he has shared genuinely that it hurts him to know that many of his patients deal with so much pain. I know I have sometimes been frustrated with asking questions to which I don't necessarily get an immediate answer. I have always been impressed to return to my next appointment with a response to my question. I feel like he would rather process questions and answer with as much pertinent information as possible rather than give an "off the cuff" response. He is a kind and gentle man although it is true, in his examination and manipulation a to determine his best course of action it can cause significant pain. He can't treat you if he doesn't assess you! YES....his treatments can be very painful but at the end of the day they have helped me enormously. I went from using a walker at 42 yoa to walking and being completely independent because of those "rancid and painful" injections. I would rather have 30 minutes of pain than live with the pain I had previous to his treatment plan!! It hurts me to read such negative reviews about him.....people have to remember that not every doctor is going to be the doctor for you. Is that not true of any other condition?? Pain is a specialty and he is one of the best if not the best in Ottawa. To call him a "one trick pony" I would advise you to visit his state of the art new clinic. He has one of the best outfitted clinics I have ever seen with top of the line equipment and numerous Inovative treatment options available to patients in Canada!!! I am a health care professional myself and some of his equipment is better than what we have in our acute care centres in Ottawa so....bottom line....if you can get in, see this man. He is honest, devoted, compassionate and will find you what you need.

Submitted April 4, 2016

Very poor organization, always late and poor communication . Waste of time, with no results.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr. Mathieu Belanger's Credentials

• u of Montreal (Grad. 2007)