Ratings for Dr. Susan Wright Burke

I have been going to Dr. Wright Burke for more than 15 years. She has the friendliest and most helpful staff. She is very professional, knowledgeable courteous and takes the time to explain everything. There is never any problem getting a referral to a specialist if anything seems out of the ordinary. I would highly recommend her to anyone needing an optometrist.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

I had Dr. Burke as an optometrist since moving to North Bay (about 10 years) and faithfully went yearly for a check up. I started having problems with my vision (losing some peripheral views) and when I asked her about it, she advised that the combination of wearing eye makeup and contact lenses would do that. A year later, I still had problems and it had become worse, so I mentioned it again. After much begging on my part to look into it further, she finally sent me to an ophtalmologist, who confirmed that 1/2 of my retina had detached! This is apparently a condition more or less common in people who are extremely near-sighted like I am and that is usually diagnosed when dilating pupils to look inside your eyes - she NEVER did this test, fully knowing that I was predisposed since I was nearsighted. I almost lost my eyesight in one eye because of her lack of thoroughness and I did permanently lose some peripheral vision.If you want to keep your eyesight, go somewhere else!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012