Ratings for Dr. Mary Angeleen Ezeanya

How this woman ever became a medical doctor is beyond my comprehension. If I could rate her zero stars, I would. The comment below this one says, "I am afraid that in the very near future someone will lose their life due to her lack of knowledge." My mother was very nearly that 'someone.' During one visit, she cut deep into an infected callus on my mom's foot without freezing the area first and didn't bother to keep her gloved hands sterile. Three years later, visiting nurses still come regularly to dress the wound while the doctor doles out occasional prescriptions for antibiotics. While still under the care of her previous family doctor, a specialist prescribed two medications to help with mom's severe rheumatoid arthritis. After moving to this area and changing doctors, Dr. Ezeanya didn't bother to follow up or monitor things with regular bloodwork. After suffering from falls, recurring infections, exhaustion, weakness, and requiring a blood transfusion in the ER, mom now has a new doctor, a real doctor--at the first appointment, he ordered extensive bloodwork and we now know mom is severely anemic and has been for some time, possibly due to her bone marrow being slowly poisoned by the arthritis meds, the ones that should have been regularly monitored by Dr. Ezeanya. And yes, I too have seen this doctor lose records, order the wrong tests and misinterpret results. I have heard her reprimand my elderly mother for taking up too much time when she has other patients to see, and I have bandaged my mom's foot in the exam room while the doctor watched because she herself had no clue how to go about it. She is completely lacking in medical knowledge, competence, empathy, patience and common sense. Mom often worries about what might happen to the other patients of this doctor. She worries they could end up like she did, or worse. And unlike the comment below dated July 28, 2016, I don't believe I "need to relax n go to school to practice medicine if ur experts...just saying." If I had taken that advice, my mom wouldn't be here. Just saying.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

I have never met a doctor who is this incompetent, she has lost records, cannot read results and I am afraid that in the very near future someone will lose their life due to her lack of knowledge, I first heard of her through my partner who suffered 3 lung collapses last year and that all she could tell him was that he didn't have pneumonia but wasn't sure why he couldn't breathe properly, he ended up going for X-rays and was later contacted by the hospital to take an ambulance back that he needed immediate surgery, he has complained of a large bulge in his neck and was supposed to have a CT scan as it turned out she sent him for a CT scan of his head and to top things off, she wanted to send him for an ultrasound of his arteries in his neck which he already had done 2 weeks ago but said she had no results for.... Please do NOT use this woman if you value your life

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

She is very nice and very thorough with her examinations. Knows the right questions to ask.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Horrible doctor never cares and never refill medication on time

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

My doctor for a couple of years. Amazing doctor!! Some people need to relax n go to school to practice medicine if ur experts...just saying shes great with myself an my children :)

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

I've been to Dr. Ezeanya a few times for a few different things over the time I've been a patient of hers. I have taken a few concerns to her, and I feel she just fluffs them off. Told her I had troubles sleeping (wake up many times during the night as my brain doesn't seem to shut down) - her answer --> We all have times were we have troubles sleeping. Another time I mentioned to her that my neck was really bothering me. She said that we all sleep strange at times, and that it was the cause of the pain, and that the pain usually lasts a couple of weeks. Said that the pain/discomfort has been ongoing for 6 months. She didn't look at it, didn't suggest anything. Nothing. I've since started going to a chiropractor for the neck pain, and it has helped a huge amount! Mentioned to Dr. Ezeanya that I had seen the chiropractor, and she looked at me very seriously and asked what a chiropractor did. Long and short, I think it's time to look for a new family doctor. One that will listen, and take the necessary action.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I have been her patient for a couple years and she put a lot of effort into helping me. I'm non-religious and she's a nun and I've NEVER felt judged. She's very supportive and kind but also very realistic. She's busy but takes a few moments to listen when she needs to - and if you ask. She also had no issues for sending me for a tubal ligation (even though someone previously posted that she didn't prescribe birth control). I would recommend her to family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

She doesn't listen, sent me for ct scan of lower back when I have been trying to get her to treat neck and upper back for the past 2 years. She prescribed me cholesterol medication based on blood work from 12 months ago. I have been taking cholesterol medication now for 2 months and there has been no follow up on cholesterol levels. She should not be practicing medicine. How dare someone allow their religious beliefs interfere with medical practice (regarding other review about her not prescribing birth control). Having family in the medical profession, I know this is unprofessional and inappropriate. When I voiced my concerns to her, she told me if I don't like it to go find another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

She has been my Dr. for almost 2 years now. In my opinion she is for the most part kind, patient and really, really good with my children. She is a nun and therefore will not prescribe birth control of any kind (but her colleague will so for me not an issue). We can ALWAYS get in the same day and that is a huge bonus to me, especially with young children. She is quick to refer elsewhere if she feels it's out of her capabilities. There is one woman who works the front desk/phones who is abrupt and rude on her good days, otherwise everyone else is friendly.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

We were recently referred to Dr. Ezeanya after our previous doctor retired. We quickly learned after the first couple visits that she is a very inadequate doctor, and for the most part has no real idea as to what she is doing. Have to explain to her what treatments are recommended. Have to explain to her about suggested referrals. To top things off she is extremely rude and at the end of the appointment often tells you to hurry up and leave as other patients are waiting. Very uncomfortable with her. Looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014