Ratings for Dr. George Wilkerson

Dr. Wilkerson is always been the coolest guy ever and very helpful and caring

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

This Dr should NOT be practicing medicine!!! Was a complete waste of my time and money being in his care. I ended up with him bc he was the only neuro United Healthcare would pay for me to see. He's not up to date with the latest medicines nor the latest treatment for people who have IH. He never told me I had IH not once! He did an MRI but I never knew what I even had until after I left his service. No eye scans were done not even one just an MRI and his answer to my migraines was to prescribe Topamax and that he couldn't help me until I lost a significant amount of weight. Then he told me repeatedly that he didn't believe that I would, so I needed gastric bypass in order to do so. Lose weight was all he said every time I went to see him! There was no treatment or tests done he said just to lose weight. Making me feel hopeless unless I got half my stomach taken away did much more IMO than the disease did. No Dr should EVER say such to a patient! Since getting gastric for migraines didn't sound right I got a 2nd opinion. Glad I did bc that neuro is the Dr who diagnosed IH and got me started on the correct drug, DIAMOX. Wilkerson not once mentioned that, all he said there was nothing that could be done. I highly recommend Dr Wilkerson familiarize himself with the disease and read more about it at ihrfoundation.org before he spews out such trash to another person again. Gastric is NOT the only answer for IH and for me, it's a LAST choice not 1st!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015