Ratings for Dr. Jane Hargood

I'm pregnant with my first and wanted a female obstetrician. I went to visit Dr Hargood because other female obs. would be on leave when my baby is due. Worst experience ever. Rude. Did not make me feel welcome. Antiquated equipment. Interrupted my examination to take a phone call and left me for nearly 10 minutes. This is NOT how a patient should be treated. I've now seen a male doctor at another hospital. I'll never return to Hargood ... never.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

I found the staff to be terribly rude when I went in earlier this week. Not helpful at all were too interested in talking with each other than serving me. The Dr OMG where do I start she was even worse when I came in I heard her bitching about another patient with the Receptionist. Such a rude little woman with no manners, no bedside manner and her staff are a clone of her ! Would not recommend this Dr at all, I was in there for like 5 minutes then she rushed me out was only interested in my money not helping me at all. The advice I was given was also not acceptable. I have never been to a Speciliast Dr who has spoken about other patients like she did I dont think she knew I was in there but what she was saying was dreadful she should not be practising at all ! DO NOT GO TO HER the whole place is so low class including her attitude, mannerisn, knowledge and her rude receptionists. Not a happy cusomter and definately never going back !! She is as professional as my BIG TOE !

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

I visited Dr Jane for the first time and found her staff courteous and attentive and the doctor herself lovely! Very down to earth with information backed up with brochures. I went ahead with the procedure she suggested and am now fully recovered with a huge improvement in symptoms. Dr Hargood also rang me on the weekend to ask how I was progressing. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

After a negative laparoscopy, with nothing substantial found, I asked what I could do then for the ongoing pain that I have everyday. Her answer? "Every woman has pain, just suck it up and take painkillers". Yep thanks doctor. If I could just take painkillers, I wouldn't have paid ridiculous amounts for that surgery and for your consultations. So now I am almost $3000 out of pocket for a surgery that won't relieve my pain, and no answers to even what's causing it. Don't waste your time, or your money for a doctor that will make you feel like you're wasting her energy.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I had a successful laparoscopy with Dr Hargood however after the surgery she offered no help. I had issues with the medications needed to be taken afterwards and she didn't want to know me. Weird. We decided on a new medication and thankfully it worked but she basically got defensive and confronted me as if it was my fault that the first medication did not work when I attempted to discuss the issue..I just don't think she wants to follow up on people that have any issues after the surgery..can't be bothered. Very unprofessional. Rude. Go to someone else.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I was recommended to see Dr. Hargood by friends who had both had successful laparoscopy procedures done. I loved her after our first appointment - she was knowledgeable, and so helpful. Seeing her post-op, she was the furthest person from who she was pre-op. Rude, blunt and made me feel like I wasted her time. Her staff are ridiculously rude - like they have something better to do, and any questions are above them.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I waited for 45 days to see Dr Jane Hargood for my initial consultation because she was referred by my GP. I called a few times while I waited, trying to make the appointment a bit earlier if possible, however the receptionist sounded a lot more rude than when she was booking me earlier. She made me repeat my name several times and I spelt it to her slowly so that she could identify me in the database. When I mentioned her rudeness to her she suddenly became a lot nicer. Anyway, the day came and I had about 10 minutes of consultation with Dr Hargood. She asked some questions about my symptoms however no physical examination was done. I was sent to do a couple more tests and I booked my next appointment with her in 2 weeks time. Yes I paid $230 too.An hour before my second scheduled appointment the dr's office called to inform me that Dr Hargood was off sick today. When I told the receptionist that I won't have another time to see the doctor before heading off overseas and I asked for a copy of my test results; she said that she can't do anything without the Dr's permission. She said she would call me back, however never did. I went to the office and the receptionist said that she contacted Dr Hargood's husband and he would be letting her know how to go about it. There is no reason as to why Dr Hargood's husband should be involved in releasing my test results. These are confidential documents and Dr Hargood's husband is not a part of my treatment with doctor Hargood. About 10 minutes later the receptionist handed me the results after she realised that I was not going to leave the practice without my documents. Overall, I find my experience with Dr Hargood and her staff quite unpleasant. It should have not been that hard to obtain my test results emailed or faxed to me without any fuss given my circumstances.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Wow..I went to see Dr hargood . From the moment I arrived the staff were not overly friendly.. which is fine because it's the doctor I'm there to see,but it just got worse. This fake smiling little woman appreared and in a total of 8 minutes she told me I would need to have surgery .. and with out any explanations what so ever sent me out the door to the girls at the desk who wanted to book me in for surgery! Goes to say I paid my bill of 230 for my 8 minute consultation and left ,went to another specialist who explained that I may need surgery but not immediately as he wanted to asses me ata later date to see if my symptoms had changed in any way. And yes this consultations lasted 25 minutes. Would not recommend this Dr Hargood.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Lucky I have decided to see another gynaecologist, even after paying $230 to Dr Hargood. She didn't even do any examination on me. She just merely relied on my GP's advice. Fair enough that she trusted my GP's profession. But as a specialist, should she just at least double check? If there is really something wrong with my GP's advice, will she just simply blame my GP? I can't see why we need to see a specialist if a GP can solve the problem. In the end, my issued was fixed by another specialist who is much more knowledgeable. Without giving away too much of my detail, I don't recommend Dr Jane Hargood.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I have many health issues so I deal with a lot of top specialists in my life,Dr Jane Hargood is a beautiful kind careing Doctor.I am seeing her for menopausal issues & I could not find a more careing sincere lady doctor to understand this time of my life and help me.My daughter had dr Hargood deliver her child by ceasarian,the scar was the best neat surgery you could want,I can only imagine anyone writing anything bad about her has not followed her advice,I could not reccomend a more understanding kind doctor. MICHELLE

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017