Ratings for Dr. Jane Hargood

Very rude staff who admonished me for being 2 minutes late when there is absolutely no parking. Then a very rushed consult with the doctor whose answer to my problem was surgery with no explanation just a pamphlet to read. Then she charges top dollar! Would not recommend

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

by looking through all other reviews i am not alone. Would not recommend this practice. Rude staff and very rushed consultation with the Doctor who really didnt seem to want to be there at all. Mary. M

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I found Dr Jane Hargood and the ladies (especially Sharon) on the reception desk to be extremely polite and helpful. I was referred to Dr Hargood for a health issue and I found her to be understanding during the first consultation when I was explaining the situation. She then advised what needed to be done and handed me two brochures which I found helpful. Before and after my day surgery procedure every time I called her rooms I always found the ladies on the desk especially Sharon to be very helpful. My surgery went really well and I am feeling so much better and happier. I also found the staff at Waratah Private Hospital along with the anesethsis Dr Rod Green were fantastic with the way they looked after me which is what you want when you are going in for surgery and feel nervous. Very happy with how it all worked out.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

I found Dr Hargood and her staff to be very polite and helpful whilst I dealt with a health issue answering any questions I had prior and after the medical procedure. The surgery went really well. I also found the staff at Waratah Private Hospital to be caring and efficient. I am feeling so much better. Thanks again to Dr Hargood and team.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I'm pregnant with my first and wanted a female obstetrician. I went to visit Dr Hargood because other female obs. would be on leave when my baby is due. Worst experience ever. Rude. Did not make me feel welcome. Antiquated equipment. Interrupted my examination to take a phone call and left me for nearly 10 minutes. This is NOT how a patient should be treated. I've now seen a male doctor at another hospital. I'll never return to Hargood ... never.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

I found the staff to be terribly rude when I went in earlier this week. Not helpful at all were too interested in talking with each other than serving me. The Dr OMG where do I start she was even worse when I came in I heard her bitching about another patient with the Receptionist. Such a rude little woman with no manners, no bedside manner and her staff are a clone of her ! Would not recommend this Dr at all, I was in there for like 5 minutes then she rushed me out was only interested in my money not helping me at all. The advice I was given was also not acceptable. I have never been to a Speciliast Dr who has spoken about other patients like she did I dont think she knew I was in there but what she was saying was dreadful she should not be practising at all ! DO NOT GO TO HER the whole place is so low class including her attitude, mannerisn, knowledge and her rude receptionists. Not a happy cusomter and definately never going back !! She is as professional as my BIG TOE !

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

I visited Dr Jane for the first time and found her staff courteous and attentive and the doctor herself lovely! Very down to earth with information backed up with brochures. I went ahead with the procedure she suggested and am now fully recovered with a huge improvement in symptoms. Dr Hargood also rang me on the weekend to ask how I was progressing. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

After a negative laparoscopy, with nothing substantial found, I asked what I could do then for the ongoing pain that I have everyday. Her answer? "Every woman has pain, just suck it up and take painkillers". Yep thanks doctor. If I could just take painkillers, I wouldn't have paid ridiculous amounts for that surgery and for your consultations. So now I am almost $3000 out of pocket for a surgery that won't relieve my pain, and no answers to even what's causing it. Don't waste your time, or your money for a doctor that will make you feel like you're wasting her energy.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I had a successful laparoscopy with Dr Hargood however after the surgery she offered no help. I had issues with the medications needed to be taken afterwards and she didn't want to know me. Weird. We decided on a new medication and thankfully it worked but she basically got defensive and confronted me as if it was my fault that the first medication did not work when I attempted to discuss the issue..I just don't think she wants to follow up on people that have any issues after the surgery..can't be bothered. Very unprofessional. Rude. Go to someone else.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I was recommended to see Dr. Hargood by friends who had both had successful laparoscopy procedures done. I loved her after our first appointment - she was knowledgeable, and so helpful. Seeing her post-op, she was the furthest person from who she was pre-op. Rude, blunt and made me feel like I wasted her time. Her staff are ridiculously rude - like they have something better to do, and any questions are above them.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017