Ratings for Dr. Andrew Wines

I had very complex reconstructive foot surgery at north shore hospital by another of Dr wines colleages and revision follow up surgery with Dr wines who was a fantastic surgeon.very good bedside manner and regarded by many now as a top rate Ortho.very humble man considering his talent.highly recommend.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Our daughter plays competitive tennis and spent 6 months on and off in a cam boot to relieve the pain from tarsal coalitions in both feet. For an active 11 year old who was used to playing 5-6 times a week and who had qualified for the state playoffs it was devastating for her. We saw Dr Wines (and other leading surgeons, sports podiatrist, physio etc) who was fantastic in explaining the surgery, recovery etc. I should add that there were 2 definite camps in regards to surgery. Those who advised the worst thing we could do as it would create arthritis and all sorts of problems with no improved range of motion. Well we trusted DrWines who advised that we really couldn't NOT do the ssurgery to give her a chance of being as active as she wanted into her adulthood as well as while she's young. He was fantastic. She had both feet done at the same time and her recovery was phenomenal thanks to Dr Wines. she is 6 months post surgery and is back playing tournaments and is pain free. Her range of movement is greatly improved. So we are so happy we went ahead while she was young as Dr Wines advised as her recovery has been amazing (with lots of physio and rehab on her part)recovery has

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Dr Andrew Wines is a competent doctor and very caring. He explained how the surgery was gong to repair the fractured bone in my foot. I saw 2 other Orthopaedic surgeons, and 4 weeks into my injury they were not willing to help me get back on my feet again as they advised me that the fractured bones will heal over a 7 week period. This caused me so much frustration as I was off work for quite some time - waiting and hoping that it will get better soon. These other orthopedaic surgeons also charged so much money for their 8 minute consultation. Furthermore, Dr Wines thoroughly explained to me what I needed to do during the recovery process and is fair when it comes to surgery fees- staying within medicare /private health fund rates. What a humble and intelligent surgeon. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Very happy with my ankle stabilization surgery and was within the medicare system for his services. Would definitely send right foot to Dr Wines next!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Dr Andrew Wines is a wonderful , clever surgeon who explains and does exactly what he says he will do so there are no surprises after the surgery. His staff are absolutely wonderful and supportive and always return phone messages when required. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr Wines as being a leader in his field.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2014

Doctor Wines is by far the best Doctor in his field. For my surgery he had to lengthen the Achilles, break the heel and put a screw and bolts through it to form an arch and make my foot in line with my knee. I have gone from having the pain of a migraine in my leg and foot everyday to only a little amount of discomfort occasionally. Not only do i regard him as the best but so do his fellow surgeons as whenever i saw someone else they said that Andrew Wines is the best so he is the one i should see and that he fixes problems which other doctors cannot.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

My first comment is to avoid surgery if at all possible and if not get atleast 2 or 3 other opinions from diff surgeons! I had a calcaneal osteotomy, lowered arches & extended calf muscles on both feet at once. Was told 12 months full recovery & its now 18 months, my feet ache more than ever, i have constant nerve pain & numbness, my right foot was over corrected so now i have a pinching in outside of ankle and it swells up and makes it hard to walk,still cant walk barefoot, feet are hyper sensitive. I have had to get custom orthotics and cant walk with out them so shoes are limited to joggers but i sometimes wear crocs but for only short periods. Now heres the worse part, all of my toes have become hammer toes due to this surgery and i'm needing them all operated on and they were fine normal toes before i was cut up! I'm 33 now and will never play sports or be pain free again, this has been the worse thing in my life and i honestly don't even think i needed surgery!!!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Dr Wines is fantastic - he has a great "bedside manner" and really helped my husbands ankle. Pre and Post operation care was brilliant and his staff are just gorgeous. Plus he is a proud dad and that is a HUGE plus for me!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

This surgeon repaired a totally smashed heal. Everything he said turned out to be correct including that it would take 2 years to gain full function.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012