Ratings for Dr. Aquaeno Ekanem

My spouse had to assist Dr. Ekanem with putting on and securing the blood pressure cuff. He seemed a little confused with the check-up. Needless to say, my spouse refused to go back.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I chose Dr Ekanem because the clinic he works in is close to where I live. This was a bad choice, and I have recently switched to another doctor, in another clinic, who is much more caring and compassionate. When I would go for appointments with Dr Ekanem, the desk staff would hardly ever look at me. Worse was that I waited for unacceptably long times there to see him. He would come in and slouch over, and grunt at me, hardly ever speaking a full sentence. Sometimes he was yawning when I was telling him things about myself. Once, he got annoyed with me and raised his voice gruffly at me. Another time he said to me "You worry too much!" This is something a doctor should never say to a patient. The reason I was there in the first place was because I WAS concerned about some aspects of my health! A couple of times he prescribed medications that my pharmacist said were not helping me, and may be causing side effects. The last straw was when I had not heard from his office about the results of an ultrasound and x-ray. The office staff said that the office procedure is not to call the patient if all results look normal. I went ahead and booked an appointment anyway, to discuss my test results with him. That was when he said that the x-ray did come back showing something abnormal. And I never even got a call about that at all! I really cannot give this doctor a good recommendation.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

He's lucky I haven't sued for neglect and sexism. Only saw him once for a pap, I explained I felt a lump on my cervix and he kept telling me I'm wrong because I can't feel that. He argued with me and tried comparing my fingers with their pap gadget. The nurse was also uncomfortable with his opinion. He also told me he was run out of the town of Gibbons because no one liked him there either. Horrible man, doesn't know dick all, should have his license taken away.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I had an awful experience at well point clinic. The receptionist was very rude and unprofessional . I waited 30 mins to see this Dr. And when he came in, he sat down slouched over his table, which i found very disrespectful and unprofessional just for him to look at it briefly and say I had ezcema. I had this skin condition for years after still and I was very skeptical to believe that it was just ezcema. So I went to a different Dr. And he told me it was not ezcema! I was finally given the right cream for my skin condition. Dr ekanem did not properly diagnose me.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Like a previous reviewer, he prescribed a family member two medications that should have not been mixed together. (Thank goodness for the pharmacist at Shoppers Drug Mart inside the mall). I saw him myself and he didn't listen to my concerns, it took me two different visits for him to finally send me for testing and when he did, he failed to specify what I needed done on the form (I made an appointment for imaging only to be turned away from the technicians because they didn't know what I needed). Obviously, I had to make another appointment and wait 90 minutes so I could have the form marked off properly.. I found a new doctor after he was careless with my relative's medication.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I really wish I had read these reviews prior to visiting this doctor or Wellpoint Medical Clinic. I sat in the waiting room for about 10min before I was called into the smaller room. I then sat for an hour and twenty minutes before walking out. When I stopped by the front desk, they didn't apologize or offer any sort of explanation, instead asking only if I would like to reschedule. As this was a 'meet and greet' for a family physician, I chose not to waste my time and find someone else.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

A wonderful doctor who listens to his patients and has no fear in sending you for further testing if the need arises. Great family doctor who actually cares!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

I tried to see this doctor, but Wellpoint Medical clinic in Kingsway mall is so horrible, I ended up walking out. I made an appointment to 'meet and greet' this doctor the week prior. I waited over 30 minutes in the general waiting room, and as I was about to leave they called my name. The staff member informed me it would be at least another 10 minutes, if not more, waiting in the smaller room. I chose to leave, and will seek out a doctor's office that has respect for it's patients and their time. I would not recommend this doctor, or any doctor associated with such a poor clinic.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Horrible doctor. Made a huge mistake by giving me two medications that should never been put together. May have resulted in lifelong neurological condition. He's never on time. Leaves patients sitting for hrs after their scheduled appointments. He actually fell asleep during a visit.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Superb doctor. Actually one of a few that totally cares about his patients. I'm totally impressed.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013