Ratings for Dr. Aquaeno Ekanem

Whoever is having problems with Dr Ekanem must be looking for something other that medical attention. He is such a knowlegable and compassionate Dr. He takes time to explain your problem and also ask if you have any question. He might be black and young but trust me like Obama, he knows his trade and he is very comfortable with what he is doing. Don't look at his skin color just listen to him!!!!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

He argued with me in the waiting area and said the pain was all in my head wrote untrue acusstions on record had an appointment for pain dr he brought in staff didnt call to comfirm appointment that they i cacelled that appointment i didnt clinic is unsanitary mop floors pour water in sink in exam rooms dont rinse out so sand and dirt in sink well seeing patients dust all over were the blood pressure cup and lights for looking in throat and ears doesnt like it when when you confront him never on time clinic opens 15 to 20 minutes late because staff and dr late never looks or examains you this dr is an idiot

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr Ekanem is one of the best doctors I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He explains in detail what the issue is and what he's prescribing. The staff are always open to work with you and what you may need. I really can't understand why anybody would ever give him negative reviews. He's personable, professional and very knowledgeable. He's always sharing his wisdom; both medical and life lessons. He makes you feel like family and he's truly appreciated in the community!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Staff have no idea about their task. For the doctor, is more important his computer that to have eye contact and talk to my health problem. I decided to look for anothe doctor who can have interest to help me.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

My spouse had to assist Dr. Ekanem with putting on and securing the blood pressure cuff. He seemed a little confused with the check-up. Needless to say, my spouse refused to go back.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I chose Dr Ekanem because the clinic he works in is close to where I live. This was a bad choice, and I have recently switched to another doctor, in another clinic, who is much more caring and compassionate. When I would go for appointments with Dr Ekanem, the desk staff would hardly ever look at me. Worse was that I waited for unacceptably long times there to see him. He would come in and slouch over, and grunt at me, hardly ever speaking a full sentence. Sometimes he was yawning when I was telling him things about myself. Once, he got annoyed with me and raised his voice gruffly at me. Another time he said to me "You worry too much!" This is something a doctor should never say to a patient. The reason I was there in the first place was because I WAS concerned about some aspects of my health! A couple of times he prescribed medications that my pharmacist said were not helping me, and may be causing side effects. The last straw was when I had not heard from his office about the results of an ultrasound and x-ray. The office staff said that the office procedure is not to call the patient if all results look normal. I went ahead and booked an appointment anyway, to discuss my test results with him. That was when he said that the x-ray did come back showing something abnormal. And I never even got a call about that at all! I really cannot give this doctor a good recommendation.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

He's lucky I haven't sued for neglect and sexism. Only saw him once for a pap, I explained I felt a lump on my cervix and he kept telling me I'm wrong because I can't feel that. He argued with me and tried comparing my fingers with their pap gadget. The nurse was also uncomfortable with his opinion. He also told me he was run out of the town of Gibbons because no one liked him there either. Horrible man, doesn't know dick all, should have his license taken away.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I had an awful experience at well point clinic. The receptionist was very rude and unprofessional . I waited 30 mins to see this Dr. And when he came in, he sat down slouched over his table, which i found very disrespectful and unprofessional just for him to look at it briefly and say I had ezcema. I had this skin condition for years after still and I was very skeptical to believe that it was just ezcema. So I went to a different Dr. And he told me it was not ezcema! I was finally given the right cream for my skin condition. Dr ekanem did not properly diagnose me.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Like a previous reviewer, he prescribed a family member two medications that should have not been mixed together. (Thank goodness for the pharmacist at Shoppers Drug Mart inside the mall). I saw him myself and he didn't listen to my concerns, it took me two different visits for him to finally send me for testing and when he did, he failed to specify what I needed done on the form (I made an appointment for imaging only to be turned away from the technicians because they didn't know what I needed). Obviously, I had to make another appointment and wait 90 minutes so I could have the form marked off properly.. I found a new doctor after he was careless with my relative's medication.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I really wish I had read these reviews prior to visiting this doctor or Wellpoint Medical Clinic. I sat in the waiting room for about 10min before I was called into the smaller room. I then sat for an hour and twenty minutes before walking out. When I stopped by the front desk, they didn't apologize or offer any sort of explanation, instead asking only if I would like to reschedule. As this was a 'meet and greet' for a family physician, I chose not to waste my time and find someone else.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015