Ratings for Dr. Ronald Lyon

I would just like to post this in respect to dr lyon as he passed away on sat mar 30 2013 at home RIP Ron you will be sadly missed

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

I have read the comments about Dr.Lyon and can't believe we are talking about the same Doctor. Just because he talks straight and to the point doesn't make him a bad doctor. My family have found him to be very knowledgable,thorough and will refer on to a specialist with no problem. As for the office never being open that simply is not true,appointments are made with little or no wait time and the office staff are helpful and caring.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

I personaly think he is not the best doctor, he is very rude and doesnt like to listen to every single thing you need to tell him, he has kicked me out of his office only because i needed time to relax because my pain was so bad. I was told that once i grow up then I can come back and he will look at me, but until then he wanted nothing to do with me ! very disrespectful ! I rather have a different doctor then him !

flag | Submitted July 22, 2012

Nothing but grief with this doctor. He talks down to you and brushes all your concerns off as nothing. If you have an option, find another doctor. If you're stuck, be firm in what you want. Don't let him bully you or your family into living with poor health. Sadly, this man has a huge ego that doesn't allow him to say, simply, "I don't know, let me refer you to a specialist." If only he could master that simple phrase so many people would be better off.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

Dr. Lyon has been exceptionally helpful in treating me. Every time I have needed his assistance he has exceeded my time line expectations. This country could stand to use more Doctors like him.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Dr. Lyon is the best G.P I have ever had. He was kind and was a very good listener. I am very thankful that he is there for me when I need him.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

Dr. Lyon is everything negative mentioned above & more. I've had him for 30 years, recommend him? NEVER... After diagnosing me without anything to go by, which completely contradicts what he said 10 yrs. Ago? He was arrogant when I first met him! Sadly no other doc available. I thought maybe he'll mellow with age. Nope, wrong again. I have been avoiding him, for oh, so many years. And only go, when another Dr. Tells me, it'll benefit me, in the long run, apologetically. The funniest thing, thank goodness husband was there to hear this. Dr. Lyon said "come on, trust me, we've known each other for 30 years! Unfortunately there's nothing funny about this man. The way he talks down to you, & makes you have to come back over & over again because he doesn't get the ailment right the 1st. time makes you feel like a hypochondriac. I pray every night for a new G- P. Please, Dear God....

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Our family Dr. instructed my husband go to the Meaford Hospital for an xray. He was in so much pain, and the pain meds were not working. Dr. Lyon was working in the emergancy dept. When he tended my husband he didn't even examine him, he told him that "there is nothiing I can do". He didn't offer any advice, didn't comment on medications and he said "I myself, have had this for years." He was rude, impatient, unwilling to investigate and just plain mean. He told my husband that if he went anywhere near a chriropactor he would right us off. This is not the first time Dr. Lyon's has caused severe grief. When my Mother-in-law complained of stomach pain, he didn't do an examine but sent her for a urine test. Two weeks later she ended up in Emerg and was told she had bowel cancer. She died a month later. We asked Dr. Collin's to care for her. Dr. Lyon didn't even visit her after all the years he was her Dr..

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

He is condescending. He talks to me like I'm an idiot and I'm wasting his time. He dismisses every concern as binign and yells at me when I question him or requrest a referral. Went to a new doctor finally, and found out it's NOT nothing, and am feeling much better now that I've actually had treatment. He is totally unhelpful, and quite frankly, it is dangerous that he is practicing medicine. I am not the only one he just sends away. Very negative man, too. Angry. Hope he retires soon. His receptionist is nice.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011