Ratings for Dr. Abraham Cohen

I used to think Dr. Cohen was the most amazing Dr. I have been seeing him for more than 18 years, however lately I find him very stubborn. I would tell him how I feel and at times he would tell me that it was all in my head or I am doing something wrong in my diet or how I take my medication. I reassure him that I am doing everything by the books, but he just doesn't want to listen. He just doesn't listen to me like he used to. I think it's time he retires. His receptionist, on the other hand, is amazing! I especially loved Marianne and was very sad to see her leave, however, Claudia is super nice and on top of everything. I am now thinking of switching to a new Dr. I am actually pretty sad to do it, but I need a Dr that will listen to me and help me find the root causes of my symptoms.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Great doctor been going to him since I was a kid even delivered my brother and sister. Always a good appt will be sad to see him retire.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr. Cohen is the most professional and compassionate doctor I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Waiting 30 minutes to 1 hour isn't a concern when you know that you will be given the best care available. I have seen other doctors and always felt like a number, swiping my OHIP card seemed to be all they cared about. With Dr. Cohen I have always been given the time and attention that I now know is normal for a medical appointment. He has greatly raised my expectations of what health care should be like in this city. His receptionist Marianne was a very lovely person, his new receptionist Claudia is fantastic as well. Every time I have needed a referral to a specialist Claudia has always made it a top priority to call me as soon as possible to see that I get an appointment time that works with my schedule. The friend who referred me told me to give him a call when I wanted to see what a "real doctor was suppose to be like". It was the best decision I ever made concerning my own health.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Marianne was very pleasant but she is no longer there. As for the office it is not sanitary what so ever and very outdated. The wait times are rediculous, I took my infant there and had nowhere to sit down and the wait was 1 and a half hours long. Her vaccination records were done incorrectly and I switched to a pediatrician that was more knowledgeable. As for Dr. Cohen, he has made many perverted comments to myself and other patients. He is not a bad guy and he can be funny at times but sometimes he takes it to far and needs to know when to be serious. I think he needs to retire maybe and that office needs to be cleaned and updated.

Submitted February 17, 2016

His secretary Marianne is the most amazing person you could ever meet I'm so sad to see her go. As for Dr.Cohen himself I find him to have a great bedside manner however his diagnosis and knowledge could use some work. He has misdiagnosed me on several occasions, prescribing medications that I did not need to be taking. At times I don't quite feel comfortable with his perverted remarks or conversations but continue to return because his secretary is actually more helpful than he is. I'm not sure I will be returning after she leaves.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

EXCELLENT Doctor so caring and always is such a sweetheart

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

My favourite doctor, always with a great attitude, very knowledgeable, takes the time to explain things and the receptionist is a sweetheart!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Best doctor ever. He has been treating my family for many years and has always taken the time to explain things, referrals are made to specialist when needed and he is knowledgeable and funny. I can't say enough about his receptionist, she is kind and compassionate on the phone and in person. I do agree however about the wait times, but I guess if you had to explain to each patient what is happening with them medically then the wait is not so bad. I would recommend him any day.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Amazing. Smart, quick witted, comforting, funny, and most importantly, he knows what he is talking about! Great receptionist, too. She's warm and friendly.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

I have found Dr.Cohen a very warm and compassionate doctor, who listens and understands his patients. He also gives good referrals to other specialists when needed, but at the same time he spends too little time with a patient and his office is overcrowded ! His receptionist is very warm, patient and professional. What I don't like is the waiting time and amount of people crowded in a small place. I ALWAYS wait for a long time! What I would like to see is all the old magazines and all the stuffed animals to be removed. They only collect the dust and spread more germs. So the waiting area is not pleasant.

Submitted July 30, 2013