Ratings for Dr. Ken Sabourin

Dr. Sabourin is hands down the worst doctor I have ever seen. He was outright rude to me and then admitted "Sorry for being an a$$hole, I just haven't slept much because I've been sick" and asked if I "wanted to see a magician" to treat my back pain. I did in fact need a magician and ended up having a back surgery the following year to treat the problem he refused to acknowledge. I left his office in complete tears on more than one occasion.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Sabourin helped me with my issues. He is knowledgeable and upfront. He does not sugar-coat his diagnosis but he also gives you choices and recommendations as for your treatment. He is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

My son is a AAA hockey player, and had a constant pain in his wrist. We went to CHEO for xrays, and was advised that it was a strain. CHEO referred us to Dr. Sabourin for physio. He suspected a fracture in a small bone, and sent us back for more xrays. The xrays showed he was right. He referred us to a surgeon specialising in the hand and wrist. We didn't hear back quickly, so Dr. Sabourin intervened, and got us an early appointment. In all, not only was he a great doctor, he also advocated vigorously on my son's behalf to get him into and through the medical system. I have no reservations in recommending him. By the way, upon reading the other comments on this site, it appears that the negative comments relate to his bedside manner. To the contrary, I found him to be friendly and he explained the problem and the procedures fully. Personally, I go to a doctor to get something fixed. If I want someone to hold my hand and whisper reassurances into my ear, I'll call my mother.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Sabourin is amazing! Our GP was doing nothing to address my husband's back pain - Dr. Sabourin fought for us and stayed on the phone with the Civic until a surgery day was booked! He genuinely cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Excellent sports medicine doctor. He is patient, really know his stuff and tells it how it is. I found that he listened to my problems attentively and explained everything. Very good experience!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I've seen Dr. Sabourin for two separate problems. I found him really good!. First injury was a torn calf muscle. He did examinations of the injury and listened to everything I had to discuss. He outlined my physio program, as well as made sure I had regular follow up appointments for him to observe my progress. My second occasion to see him was for acute bilateral plantar fasciitus....again suggested a plan of action and followed my physiotherapy progress. The pain was terrible and we discussed cortisone though he was very clear that it is not a good treatment for heals because the tissue may thin and was very supportive if I felt I needed a second opinion. (I was really fed up with the pain....but after researching more I agreed it was not a good idea). He also suggested that I find out if orthotics would be beneficial and suggested a place that does a full Gate Analysis as well as asks you to bring in all primary footwear (runners, boots) to make sure it's what I need.....also, they don't sell you orthotics if you don't need them...there are many sole inserts that will do the trick at a fraction of the price. As for the office staff they have always been polite, and my appointments were all on time! I did not use the physiotherapy place attached to the office and nor does the Dr. suggest you use them specifically.... I appreciate not having a tag team operation. I'll see Dr. Sabourin for any of my sports injuries and won't hesitate to have him treat my children if needed.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I have seen many Doctors in my lifetime. I usually dislike most, maybe I have had bad luck. Dr. Sabourin is one of the best I have had. He is kind, has a good sense of humor, is very upfront with you, and will do what he can for you. The bad reviews on here are wrong. People look to doctors as Gods that can fix all problems. The physician patient relationship is a two way street, they will help you if you are willing to put in the effort to get help. It takes time and effort from both parties to get better. The thing I respect most about Dr. Sabourin is his honesty, especially when regarding the field of medicine and what physicians do. He does not prop himself and his medical colleagues on a pedastle like so many other physicians I have met. Although my problem is not yet solved he seems very devote to keep working on it and not drop me as a patient like so many others (I attribute this to me listening to his professional opinion and actually putting in effort on my part). He really is a great physician and I wish more had his attitude and honesty.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I have had 2 appointments with Dr. Sabourin and he was terrific. He was on time and was genuinely interested in my condition. He was friendly, shared my sense of humour, and got right to the diagnosis and treatment. He was patient, knowledgeable and provided very clear information about my injury. He described the path to recovery so that I would know what to expect. I couldn't have asked for better care.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Dr. Ken Sabourin is one of the most rude, brusque, condescending, arrogant and nasty doctors I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. He seemed angry, almost hostile, at the prospect of assessing me. At first he refused to even look at my x-rays and seemed to disbelieve most of what I said about my condition. I cannot confidently assess his knowledge because he did not take me seriously nor did he treat me with any care or respect, let alone share a thoughtful diagnosis with me. It seems he made a host of negative judgements about me upon seeing me and the rest of the appointment was an abhorrent perfunctory set of actions he needed to hurry through. Avoid this doctor at all costs. I was so mortified I almost asked him to stop so I could just leave but I was already in a gown and desperate for help with chronic back pain. If you are looking for wisdom, compassion and concern from a doctor, this is not the man. If he has talent it is completely obliterated by his heinous bedside manner. I can't say enough about how awful my experience was. If I could give zero stars I would.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Do not waste your time with this doctor, he is arrogant, dismissive, and rude. I will be seeking out a different doctor who will actually help me develop a pain management/treatment plan for my injury. If it was possible to give less than one star, I would.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014