Dr. Callum Cowan

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Callum Cowan

For years, I had been plagued with sleep issues coupled with progressively worsening energy levels. Years of seeking remedies through medical practitioners, sleep clinics, specialists and recommended techniques and approaches offered little to no improvements and provided no hope or direction towards an improved quality of life. An indefinite, potentially life long use of sleep medication was the only resort the medical field could offer. I became aware of Dr. Cowan through a work colleague about two years ago. Dr. Cowan has been committed to my cause, he possesses a vast wealth of knowledge and has been able to identify root causes of my sleep and energy issues. Through his knowledge and commitment to his field of work he has delved into areas well beyond the surface level approaches of all others I had consulted with previously. As a result, I have experienced remarkable results that would not have occurred otherwise. Dr. Cowan provided a hope that hadn’t previously existed, he remained positive and committed to identifying the underlying problems and developed a treatment plan that has provided results. I highly recommend his services.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

As a professional athlete, I had been struggling to get my body to perform at the highest level. After meeting with Dr. Callum I have now increased my energy levels and become leaner than I have ever before. Dr. Callum has helped me get over a peak I never thought I could reach. My performance has increased greatly along with my overall quality of life. My body feels healthy all around.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

I met Dr. Callum a year and a half ago at a real-etsate conference where he gave a speech about what he does and his work as a naturopath and his dealings with concussions. Right away I knew I had to speak to him 1 on 1 regarding a concussion that I was currently going through at the time. Ever since that day I have fully believed in all of his treatments and have appreciated all of the knowledge Dr. Callum has taught me in how to properly take care of my body. My entire family now sees Dr. Callum and has benefited greatly from his knowledge and expertise. During the past few months Dr. Callum has been getting my body ready for my upcoming soccer season with the mens Varsity Soccer team at the University of Guelph. He has put together meal plans and prescribed all natural shakes and pills for me to take that have boosted my energy level and has been a major reason for my increase in performance as of late. Seeing Dr. Callum has 100% changed my life for the better and I now feel like a healthier person when I wakeup in the morning. Even if I was not playing at a competitive level of sport Dr. Callum is able to help business executives and anyone else accomplish their goals and help them to live a healthy and active lifestyle.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

As the son of a medical doctor, I appreciate Dr Callum's research based approach. He's not the first ND I've been too and I don't have the time or patience or discipline to successfully execute the popular elimination diet the introduce foods to see how I feel. Instead I did a bunch of lab tests and Dr. Callum assigned action items: a cleanse, foods to avoid, medicine, etc... When I started w D. Callum, I had low energy relying on coffee and afternoon naps as I could not function after going to the gym. Today, I train Crossfit 2x AND Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 3-5x per week and feel I can handle more. I now drink half a cup of coffee 2-3 times per week. No this isn't cheap but then when was excellence ever cheap. If you can afford it and want to be awesome then go for it.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Before meeting Dr. Callum I was exhausted, crashing all the time , and wasn't seeing any improvements in the gym or in my physique. After visiting him , he right away pin pointed every imbalance I had and immediately got me the help needed. I have never felt better, and would recommend him to anyone in a heart beat.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I had the privellage of beginning to work with Dr. Callum in 2014! After 3 months he had me peeking at an ultimate level I didnt even know was possible! I was full of energy all day long, performing at a strong & fast pace in boxing, and maintaining weight effortlessly ! I am working with him again towards achieving my ultimate best and the bar is set very high! Dr. Callum conducts tests in areas such as Awareness of food sensitivity, hormone imbalances, cortisol levels and provides nutritional guidelines to support these imbalances! I am fortunate to have Dr. Callum as part of my team!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I have a science degree and so I appreciate how knowledgeable and transparent Dr. Cowan is when explaining treatments to me. He has healed my gut and I now have much more energy than I used to.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

When I first met Dr Cowan I was sceptical and had pretty much given up hope of things ever improving. I'm in my late 50s, have stacked on 20kgs+ since moving to Canada from overseas and despite attempts with WeightWatchers, Jenny Craig, other diets and regular exercise nothing was working. Having always been relatively fit and active, nothing made sense. My GP was useless. My personal trainer recommended Dr Cowan - and all I can say, is I am SO glad he did! While my journey is just beginning, here's where things are at after the first 3 months with Callum Cowan. The first thing he did was listen. Truly listen to what has been happening in my life over the past 4 years or so. Understanding and identifying the numerous stress factors in my life he recommended an in-depth test (DUTCH) to see where all my hormones were at. Worth every penny. We found out that some of my hormones were completely out of whack with menopause - almost as if there were none left in my body that's how low, off the scale they were, and yet surprisingly with all my stress, my cortisol levels were good! With that knowledge, Dr Cowan prescribed the right hormones to get things level. There was no point trying to do anything else until that part of me was 'balanced.' It was gradual and I am impatient, but I have to say that things have improved significantly. I'm sleeping better, my hot flashes have reduced significantly and my energy levels are picking up. A month ago Dr Cowan started me on a 7-day detox (to repeat over 3 weeks). It was tough at first but after a few days, I could feel the difference in my digestion as my body became accustomed to the lack of gluten, dairy, eggs, alcohol (now that's hard for me!) and anything processed. I managed the full 3 weeks - including the fasting days - and even with 1 'naughty' evening with lots of wine and cheese with a friend from overseas (and feeling terrible the following day), when 2 days later I met with Dr Cowan we discovered that 15cms had melted away, as well as a few kgs too. This is exactly the motivation I need to keep going now. It works. So, i've negotiated my naughty day a week where I can indulge in some wine and perhaps a modest amount of dairy, and for the remainder of the week, I'm continuing with my healthy 'detox' diet. What's great is that my body doesn't want the wine or the cheese or the bread. I felt so bloated when I indulged in some the other day. I thought I missed it but I don't really. As I said, this is the start of my journey to rediscovering my health - a marathon, not a sprint - and I am so glad I have Dr Cowan as my coach. I'll update again with my progress, hopefully as more kgs/ cms melt away in the coming weeks/months until I reach my weight and fitness goals. (My personal trainer can see the changes too) I cannot recommend Dr Cowan strongly enough. To have someone who listens with such empathy and understanding and clearly cares and wants you to achieve your goals makes a huge difference. Thank you Callum!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I first met Dr Cowan at an information session. What he spoke about re: the gut health linking into our overal health and the symptoms made a lot of sense to me and I booked an appointment. At our consultation, he mentioned how much better I could feel and, the type of results he has seen with other patients. I began my treatment program and it's now 3 months along and the improvement in energy, sleeping , well being is dramatic. Prior to starting my treatment, I felt at the end of each day completely spent and would often come home only to go to bed to rest so I could get up to get dinner on the table for my family. Lots suffered, including meal preparation, energy to socialize, do stuff and I had GI issues. I saved all my energy for work. Now, 3 months later I no longer feel spent at the end of the day, My interest in cooking has returned and I am starting back at the gym. I can't believe the difference. Dr. Cowan said it was possible. Thanks Dr. Cowan. I have renewed energy and my GI issues are so much improved. Really amazing. Dr. Cowan is inderstanding, professional and wants to get to the root cause of the problem. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I was struggling with anxiety and panic attacks for about 3 years. Last year, I felt my health got worse because of my hypersensitivities to certain foods and supplements, severe headaches, and brain fog. I literally felt hopeless since no other conventional doctor was able to help me feel normal again. I felt this way up until a few months ago when I started seeing Dr Cowan. After he ordered a few detailed tests, he was able to find the issues I had, and developed a strategic plan for my path to recovery. First, I had to go thru a liver detox program to remove any toxins built up in my body. After going thru the detox program, I felt my hypersensitivities have significantly decreased, and I was finally able to start adrenal support with no sensitivity issues. I feel so amazing today compared to a few months ago! No more panic attacks, and I feel better and better as the days go by. I finally feel I have my life back on track, and I have to say this experience with Dr Cowan has been life changing for me. He's smart, professional, and eager to find the root cause of your problem. I would highly recommend Dr Cowan to anyone who is currently suffering like I was.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Dr. Callum Cowan's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Callum Cowan BSc (Hons), ND is a leading authority and practitioner of high performance medicine who is most recognized for his work with professional athletes both nationally and internationally. His approach focuses on maximizing the health of his patients to get them feeling amazing, performing phenomenally and maintaining optimal health to prevent the occurrence of illness/injury. Dr. Cowan integrates the latest and most advanced modern scientific diagnostics with a comprehensive medical understanding of the body and how it works to identify the root causes of occurring issues and key areas for improvement. His treatments are tailored to meet the specific and unique needs of each patient for the most effective results and long-term health benefits. Dr. Cowan is trained and able to treat a wide variety of medical conditions and health concerns, however, the majority of his work is centered on issues relating to what he calls “The Super 7” - Energy, Weight, Digestion, Mood, Immune, Hormone, Athletic Performance

• English