Ratings for Dr. Brian Meade

Amazing doctor who takes the time to listen and reassure you. Doesn't rush you to unnecessary surgery. Always running late but not a huge issue if you're smart enough to call ahead and ask how much longer you should wait home for. Takes the time to listen to you and explain things multiple times if necessary. Would highly recommend him. Feel very safe in his care.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

His lateness shows a lack of respect for his patients. My first appointment with his was his first for the day and he was still late. I have been a patient of Dr Meade's for a few years but have recently changed doctors as he hasn't been able to come up with a cure for my complaint. He has performed two operations on me - the first was successful but I have my doubts about the second as I still have ongoing problems. I recommend getting a second opinion before going ahead with any treatment. If you value your time then Dr Meade isn't the doctor for you! A very nice man but I am sure there are also other very nice colorectal surgeons around that can manage their time much better than Brian!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I recently underwent surgery with Dr Meade and am pleased with the outcome. I found his quality of care and understanding to be excellent. The Practice Nurse was also very supportive. Yes, he is always late but when it was my turn he discussed my problems thoroughly. If possible telephone his office on the day of your appointment, especially if it is in the afternoon for advice on his schedule.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr Meade, is a Brilliant Doctor. His bedside Manner is an 11/10. Yes he runs late but is certainly worth the wait.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Excellent Doctor. One of the best. You are in good hands being his patient. As the other ratings state, he is late most/all of the time, but i am assured that it is because he is taking time to care for each and every one of his patients.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I've been seeing Dr Meade for about a decade now, and on every occasion he has been late. I don't mean a little late, I'm talking extremely late, each and every time. After fasting for 24 hours, this lateness wears thin quickly, the longest I waited for him was around 8 hours. He was unapologetic when I finally got to see him. Besides that, he is a great doctor. Good bedside manner, you really feel cared for when he is talking to you. But, beware, he is so late all of the time it is bordering on a mental condition. Be prepared to wait, and wait and wait, and then when he finally arrives realise your the 11th in line for a procedure and you got a whole lot more waiting to do. All things considered, just go see another doctor, trust me, it will save you hours upon hours of your time.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Don't agree with over charging patients that have been admitted through the emergency department. Didn't even inform us of the extra $400 cost. Plus the Wesley and private health insurance advised that they should have provided a consent form to advise of the extra fees. I'm sure they had a spare second in the six hours we were waiting in the hospital! Plus when we called to ask about the extra fees the accountant was really rude from the get go, like she was expecting the phone call. Wouldn't recommend them for service or cost.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Love Dr Meade, very caring and down to earth. Felt comfortable and cared for.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr Meade is charming but I do not trust his smiling manner when you have waited for hours. His practice is dysfunctional and he charges like a wounded bull. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Fantastic specialist! Those who have complained about his punctuality would no doubt be the first to complain when a doctor hurries through a consultation. I am more than happy to wait to see this excellent physician because I know that when I see him he will take the time to explain and inform.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017