Ratings for Dr. Larry Dennis

My wife and I had multiple appointments with Dr. Dennis and at no time during these appointments did he mention that our baby had soft markers for Down syndrome. But in his medical reports, he wrote his diagnosis had 'Baby has soft markers for Down's syndrome; I have discussed this with the parents; and they understand the implications'. Our pediatrician sees this report and assumes that he has told us (obviously, not true). We happily go through the pregnancy and in the third trimester, a Tech casually mentions the soft markers. We dig into the details and are shocked to learn that our gynecologist had known about this for a while! Long story short: do not believe his sweet talk during your appointment. Please ask for your record and see what he writes there. Only then you will get the full picture.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014

During our appointment, in my opinion, Dr. Dennis tried multiple times to scare us into getting an amnio even though he knew we had no desire to do so. He told us that in his opinion our baby had Downs and that turned out not to be the case. Knowing what I know now I believe he was working off of very slight evidence. Other doctors have since told us that he's probably worried about wrongful birth and wrongful life lawsuits (look it up, it ll make you sick). The entire story is longer than I will get into but if you find yourself in Dr. Dennis office, try not to let him scare you and seek a second opinion. He told us that he had already made 4 expectant mothers cry that day. In my opinion doctors like this should not be in practice anymore.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012

He helped me thru my 2 high risk pregnancies and did a total of amnios on me. (I had a twin pregnancy and had to have 2 amnios to determine fetal lung maturity on both babies) He is wonderful. He has a sense of humor and answers all questions you need answered. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Dr. Larry Dennis's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1977)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Roanoke, VA