Ratings for Dr. Nicolisa D. Massie

I will not go here ever again..First of all the receptionist was rude, I gave her my insurance card & drivers license and I was wondering if I would ever it them back.She had them for 10-15 min..And then she did another woman the same!!!Not only this but my appointment was at 2:30 I didn t get to go into a room until 3:15!!.So I m waiting and 15 min later the nurse comes in for about 5 min, and then I finally get to see the woman(DR) for 5 min and then she wants to do a exam and 15 more min go by & no DR. so I made my decision to leave..I had had enough...Oh this wasn t even the worst part the worst part is I m asking her questions and she said I don t know anything about that..What!!Are U not a DR. specified in what I am here for? But it gets worse what she told me was her answer to my problem...I looked at her like she was crazy..For real..Really!! I m in my late 30 s and her response is to have a permanent catheter through my belly button.It was a complete waste of time

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

My wife has IC and a friend told us about Dr. Massie and the tremendous help Dr. Massie was. So we decided to make an appointment. Dr. Massie was very informative of the disease and she scheduled my wife a surgery. Postop to the surgery my wife had some complications and the staff (NURSE) made no attempt to get back with my wife promptly (2 days later). Now, I am in the medical field and this type of behavior is unacceptable and quite rediculous. So due to the fact she had not gotten any better she called the practice again on the following friday and requested to speak directly to the Dr. and not the staff and the Dr. prescribed my wife some antispasmotics which corrected the problem. The next incident was the fact that the prescription for her neurontin was running out and it seemed to be a bit of an ordeal to get them to get back with us on the medicine. I do think Dr. Massie is a good Dr. I believe the biggest problem is her staff.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

Dr. Massie is the only one of 3 doctors I saw who recommended an alternative to the usual treatment for my problem. If I require surgery, she is the one I will go to. She was highly recommended to me by two other doctors and she inspired my confidence more than the other doctors.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009

At 2:45 I was taken to the exam room and was there until 4:00 p.m. When Dr. Massie rushed in said “hello” and asked if I had a kidney stone. Note that this was my first visit and she did not even have the decency of introducing herself to me. She asked me when I was tested and rushed out to get the a copy of the result. When she came back in, without even closing the door, she told me there was nothing she could do. I told her I had pain and she said, “Oh, you have pain?” Then she said maybe there was some inflammation and that is why I was in pain. She rushed out again to get the prescription. When she came back I had to tell her to please wait that I had some questions. She drew a kidney and showed me where my stone was located. Told me to call her back in 1 week if I was still in pain. She again ran out and next thing I know the nurse was coming in with the strainer and she was gone. This doctor didn’t ask me any questions about my medical history, didn’t even examine me!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

I was unimpressed with this doctor from the first moment we met. She has no personal skills and seems distant and unconcerned.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2007

A new 19 yr old patient for this dr.The first thing out of the nurses mouth was "she is tied up with a procedure".That was my first clue that this might not be good.That told me then that they were running behind and didn't want to be here aft 5 pm.The nurse stated that she knew what the dr would want to do so she told my daughter to empty her bladder and she would cath her.Now remember we have not even been introduced to the dr.She did the cath on her and ask us to wait there for the dr.When Dr. Massie came in her words were "hello,what can I do for you today?"Not a very good introduction to a new patient.After a 2 minute exam.She prescribed RX for the problem that she thought my daughter had.We had wasted $30 co pay.Plus a $150.00 charge to our insurance.I called and voiced my complaint to the office manager.I called him back and he said that the dr went through the proper procedure for a new patient. I would not recommend this dr nor practice to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2007

Willing to talk and answer questions but is a bit reserved so may not volunteer a lot of information. Helps to do your homework as a patient and be informed. Skilled surgeon who is concerned about the patient's welfare. Defintely would recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2006

Dr. Nicolisa D. Massie's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Homewood, AL