Ratings for Dr. Ruchika Shukia

Saw her as an associate @ Dr.Ip's practice. Had been experiencing extreme lower back pain & spasms. Waited 45 min, but went with it - to be expected @ a Dr's office. She asked a few questions & started suggesting pain rx. I stopped her & told her managing the pain was ok, I was more concerned about spasms & what could have brought this on. She was quick to write another prescription; as I asked her what the rx., she stated "I know I look young... " (do I care? I'm more concerned about what chemicals are going into my body) as if saying "don't question my judgement" . Partway through my question, she opened the door & started talking to someone in the hallway. She was still answering my question as she walked out & down the hallway. I had to stop hr & ask her to repeat her answer (walls & turned backs have a way of muffling sound). Rx seemed to work. Needs to work on professionalism, but other than that, ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS because he didn't seem interested in volunteering much info.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2013