Ratings for Dr. Warren Yunker

I appreciated that Dr Yunker took the time to address specific concerns and was made our daughter so comfortable.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Although we were over 30mins past our appt time I expected it since there were so many patients waiting at the ENT area at the ACH. When we finally saw Dr. Yunker I found him so personable and friendly. He was great with both the kids and was gentle when checking them. He listened to what I had to say without interrupting. He provided his recommendations and suggestions. He was quite honest with the possible complications and recovery time with removal of our tonsils. Sometimes TOO honest when he told us it would be a painful recovery! He NEVER pushed us to do surgery even though my son's tonsils were quite large. He asked us what we wanted to do and I felt completely supported in our decision. He even told us once we get results about my son's hearing and it's abnormal to call his office right away because the results might get to him slower and then he would be put into the que right away for an appt time. I would totally recommend him as a doctor. Yes he is confident and I can see how some may think that is a sign of arrogance but I actually find that assuring that he knows his stuff! It's very rare you find a doctor like Dr. Yunker

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Had a great experience! He explained everything and took the time to answer all of our questions.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

My 7 year old granddaughter just had her tonsils and adenoids out last week . She was treated wonderfully by Dr.Yunker and his staff and the Alberta Children's Hospital. Her surgery was done on time and he met us before and chatted with us 20 minutes later in the recovery/waiting area. At 530 he returned to her bedside to do a final check on her and he was so nice and kind. I would recommend him and his staff. Her tonsils were bad and they even called when they had extra time freed up so she was done earlier than the stated 4 to 6 month wait. She has recovered wonderfully and he explained every step of how this would happen and all was exactly as he stated. Thanks!!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Clearly enjoys his job. Great sense of humor. He is great with our daughter. Would most certainly go back.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

We saw Dr Yunker with our son a couple of years ago. His bedside manner is terrible and he is no good with special needs children. He had no understanding of our childs needs at the time and insisted on continuing to put an endoscope down his throat even though he was complaining of pain and problems. We would not go back.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Such a wonderful guy overall, I'm so happy with the way the surgery went! I defiantly would recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

We had an excellent experience! Clearly enjoys working with kids. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

He was great with our son! He was very friendly and told him everything that was going to happen. Was very calm and reassuring on the day of surgery and he came to talk to us right away when it was done. Would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

We had an excellent experience with Dr. Yunker and his team at the ACH. Dr. Yunker was informative and took the time to explain the issues to us. He performed a quick procedure (laryngoscopy) on our three month old and did it quickly, gently, and skillfully. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015