Ratings for Dr. Steven Ding

I had an appointment and then a simple hospital procedure with Dr. Ding a year ago. He was very informative and respectful. He also created a good patient doctor relationship with me throughout and was very professional. He made sure I would understand by using diagrams for the complex things, giving me some notes to take home so I didn't have to rely on memory, and not talking in medical jargon as some other doctors do. Also, he made me feel comfortable and respected as a patient, and was kind and considerate.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Although my procedure was routine and a follow up it was still a nervous experience. From the moment I was out at ease by his PA to the time I arrived and was met by his clinical staff I have nothing but praise for their humanistic approach. Everything about the process was professional and well handled by both nursing and recovery staff. I walked out very happy about the experience even though I thought that was a strange feeling. Well done everyone- it was well worth the flight to travel back just to see Dr Ding and his team again.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Dr Ding is patient and kind, gentle and very caring. He's also incredibly pragmatic and knowledgeable. I have found him to be a great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I have visited a number of specialist trying to find the cause of my pain....One visit with Dr Ding derterminded the cause and one further test to be 100% sure then surgery. I have not had an attack of the intense pain again.Dr Ding actually listened to me. Kind and considerate. Highly recommend also Kerry in the office ....so friendly and personal. Thank you

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

A very, very good doctor with an excellent support team and staff. Went for abdominal complaints and didn't treat me like a statistic - in fact, clear statement was "I don't care about statistics as much as I care about you personally". His skills and listening were excellent. If you need a gastroenterologist/endoscopist accomapnied by a top admin/PA, look no further.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

Dr Ding is in my opinion an outstanding specialist. He is very caring and considerate in all dealings with him, provides superb care and communicates very well. I have total faith in him and could not recommend him highly enough

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Great pre-procedure process. Recovery staff excellent. Procedure was a breeze. Thanks team.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I fell ill very suddenly three years ago with what turned out to be Crohn's Disease. Dr Ding has provided what I consider to be excellent treatment and support from the initial onset of the disease, which was particularly debilitating, and subsequently. I have been in remission for 18 months largely, I believe, thanks to his successful treatment. I have complete confidence in his advice, and consider him to be an outstanding medical practitioner. I have always found him to be honest, straightforward, supportive and extremely helpful. In addition to working extremely hard to get my Crohn's Disease under control, he also took the time to refer me to a professional nutritionist who helped me establish I had a particular intolerance to a series of foods. I find my quality of life is considerably improved since visiting Dr Ding and I am particularly grateful that I was referred to him. I have been able to carry on with a highly stressful professional career and, indeed, find I enjoy a much improved quality of life thanks to him. I would strongly recommend Dr Ding to anyone, as he is clearly a highly competent, professional who combines a depth of knowledge with a caring demeanor.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I spent 15 years being misdiagnosed by numerous doctors until I met Dr Ding. (Including having a hysterectomy I didn't require!) He was extremely thorough and didn't give up on my very challenging case. We got through the testing to confirm my condition and then began treatment. This was a huge relief because prior to meeting Dr Ding for the greater part 5 years I was restricted to bed and hospitals and had to get family to care for my children and certainly was pretty useless, physically, and emotionally due to not being able to function like a normal person and not knowing what was wrong with me or how to manage the pain. Dr Ding gave me the ability to live a more comfortable life and I have been able to hold down a job for the past 4 years and look after my children. I can't imagine how ill I would be if it wasn't for his knowledge, diligence and expertise in his field. He has a very professional and calming disposition which is very settling for someone with 3 auto immune diseases. I can't express how grateful I am to have him as my specialist and recommend him constantly to people I meet with similar health complaints. His PA is also willing to go the extra mile to fit you in at short notice, is friendly, professional and all round caring and brilliant at her job.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I went to Steven Ding privately, in good faith, and at first he seemed professional and ordered some tests, however when no results showed up to explain my (very serious) problem, he never got back in touch, despite my requests for follow up or referral and repeated attempts by myself and my GP to communicate - however his 'specialty' is apparently diagnosing difficult cases. I found him to be cavalier in his attitude and unreliable. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015