Ratings for Dr. Maria Blass

ALL IN MY HEAD SHE SAID........10 YEARS AGO........A CYST ON MY BRAIN IS WHAT WAS ALL IN MY HEAD

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Absolutely TERRIBLE. I saw her once and she completely wrote off my issue as being "in my head" and "a manifestation of anxiety". WTF? Went and saw another, better doctor who diagnosed the issue on the spot and referred me to an outside specialist pronto. Absolutely avoid her - she's an uneducated idiot.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I really like Dr. Blass. Over the last few years I've seen her a handful of time and I've never had a bad experience. I found her to be tender and compassionate, and explained anything very thoroughly and in a way i could understand. She's always very encouraging to me as well.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I have always found Dr. Blass pleasant and accommodating. She has been wonderful when it comes to helping me manage my chronic illness, always taking the time to squeeze me in if I need an emergency appointment. She isn't afraid to tell me if she feels I need to make a lifestyle change, but she always explains why such a change would be beneficial and is very encouraging when I report on my progress.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Terrible doctor. She told me that since I was a nursing student, I should know what we wrong with me. She was SO condescending. Her answer was always "Well, it's because you're fat!" I had my "period" for 1.5 years straight...nonstop. She told me it was fine and would go away on its own. I saw her many more times after that asking her to refer me to a specialist... she FINALLY did, and I was diagnosed with something very serious requiring surgery. It took the new doc a week to figure all of this out. I'd been seeing Dr.Blass for about 8 mths and she got no where. The specialist also told me Dr.Blass missed the important tests she should have done. With needing this surgery, I'll never be able to have children. If I had "just left it" as Dr.Blass suggested, I'm told I'd have cancer within a year. If my problem had been caught sooner, it may have been less advanced and treatable with drugs instead of surgery. I can't stress enough how much I recommend avoiding her!!!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

She was very condescending and rude to me. She told me since I was a student I should just know how to google my health issue and not have to ask her. She also told me I should just learn to live with my illness, that there was nothing to be done and it would go away in a few years. Which was 100% wrong and I have been diagnosed by a better doctor as having a serious illness. AVOID HER.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2012

Wonderful physician. Compassionate, listens, tries her hardest to help her patients as best she can. Recommended.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012