Ratings for Dr. Stephen Betschel

I've been to many allergists in my life, first one that helped! Knowledgeable, approachable, and effective! The whole group, including Dr. Papadopoulos and the staff are wonderful and accommodating.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

I have about 15 specialists, and Dr. Betschel is in my top 2! He's an amazing physician, extremely knowledgeable and obviously cares for his patients. He diagnosed my rare disease and I've been seeing him ever since. Wonderful immunologist! I also adore his nurse, Janet.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2018

I went to see Dr Betschel at St. Michaels Hospital. I found him to be the rudest ill mannered conceeded doctors I have ever met . His favourite line was "I'm an allergist" ignored any information from other allergist I saw and which advised not to do allergy testing do to the severity of my incident. He ignored it and just pushed thay he was going to inject me without telling me and to see if I actually have an allergy . Even though I had this allergy for over 10 years of my life. He goes I'm gonna inject you with water sugar and something else and will see if you react cause I'm an allergist . When informed I cannot due to what happened and how i was . He just ignored anything I said and continued to say I'm an allergist. I never heard anyone say that as many times as he did. When asked ok if you dont think i have this allergy due to he didn't feel I had it . We asked let's test it and sign off saying you take responsibility and will see if I have an allergy or not. But he denied and would not say or disagree I have it but said to avoid any contact or exposure to my allergy. He continues to jeopardize my health and wants to do testing on me in the future even after 2 others doctors said not too .

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

he is a great doctor , he solved my chronic disease, before i met him I was not able to use any medication. and because of him right now I am able to use all my medication safely, beside that he is very smart who 's capable of solving the most complected cases . as a Canadian I am proud of having the best immunologist

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

I saw Dr.Betschel at St. Michaels hospital, I had traveled a few hours to see him and I was not disappointed. He was throughout, knowledgable and seemed genuinely concerned. He referred me to other specialists and made me feel like my concerns were heard. No negative comments here, just happy to have had the opportunity to consult with him.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

I find these comments about this particular allergist surprising. He is a renound allergist and immunologist. Who works out of multiple offices. Correct he only has a limited amount of time per patient and is booked solid. However his staff is immensely knowledgable and helpful. The nurse that actually gives me my weekly needles knows what's going on. Furthermore he is a specialist not a GP why do you need an hour to sit and talk. Always on time for me. Never late for an appt. Early morning appts available so I can get to work. Albeit I will say if his main receptionist isn't working ( Liz) the front desk can be a disaster. Otherwise as a doctor and office in general One of the best run specialist offices I have ever been in

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I don't understand the negative reviews with Dr. Betschel? Anyone that knows anything about the Canadian medical system should know your appointments are never on time no matter how early you are, people are always going to arrive late and mess up everyone elses schedule, and there's always someone with a more serious/urgent condition than you (none of this is by any fault of the doctor). Dr. Betschel has always been knowledgeable and efficient! He's always in a great mood, he's a quick talker, but he always listens and he's very good at what he does. I've been seeing him for almost 10 years now and, although he is away a lot, him and his staff have always been able to address my immediate concerns, correct any errors in a timely manner, and offer the help I need efficiently! On top of that, he always has a great attitude, he's always in a great mood, and he's wonderful to deal with! Never would I say he's arrogant; but I can see that some miserable patients may not having a very high tolerance for someone who is always in a good mood, so be weary of reviews posted about him. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who's looking to manage their allergies!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Excellent doctor who is very knowledgeable in his field and totally cares for his sick patients. I was seen by Dr. Betschel recently and could not be happier that I did because finally now I know what has been troubling me all these years. It's been frustrating not knowing what the causes were. Now I am being treated and already feel so much better. Thank you Dr. Betschel!! I've read the reviews on here and feel that Dr. Betschel has been unfairly rated and misunderstood. He is efficient and manages his time well. These doctors are super busy and have some patients that are very sick. So being efficient is terribly important. Ludicrous that some of the comments mention Dr. Betschel not caring about what they had to say. Reality, most likely NOT relevant what these people had to say. Leave it to the experts. Dr. Betschel is a specialist and clearly an expert in his field of medicine. We patients are referred to him because he is able to diagnose and help us accordingly.

Submitted June 22, 2016

He seems to assume that you're some idiot incapable of seeing through his superficial answers and fake facade. His professionalism is just a mask to hide his utter disdain. If you have a serious problem he seems to always be away somewhere. Is this guy a real doctor or someone like Leo in catch me if you can. His only saving grace is he seems to be on time and at least pretends to be professional...all the while his actions show that he doesn't care about anyone other than himself.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Rushed, rude and does not care about what you have to say. Has no time for the patient,didn't seem to care at all,waste of time,the whole experience is BEYOND me.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016