Ratings for Dr. Brenda Saxe

The appointment from the beginning was a disaster. Dr Saxe is the most oblivious psychologist I ever have encountered. Without acknowledging how we were feeling she just barged ahead to tell us what she thinks. She really needs a refresher on power dynamics as in she holds the upper hand and should not abuse this position. Her office is the least accessible place I have been in as her office is on the third floor. She is also patronizing and condescending in her explanations of her concepts (m+m like the candy?). What comes to mind when I think of her is cognitive dissonance. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I saw Dr. Saxe for a number of years. I would qualify her helpfulness as mixed.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Saxe has thus far been fantastic in helping through a childhood trauma - highly recommended her

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

Seems to want patients for life. Not interested in enabling me to move beyond, rather far more interested in keeping me stuck. Has no real or current knowledge of PTSD and its treatment. I only found this out after moving on to another therapist who has dramatically empowered me. Dr Saxe wanted to keep me in the past where I was weak and a victim. I'm sad to say I presume she does that to keep the cheques coming in. As the other posters say, she seems to have rote, textbook opinions and a lot if her own anger. I cannot recommend this therapist.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

I am not disappointed, rather I question SOME of her "personal emotional responses" I have witnessed during my therapy, that clearly expressed a "reactive" anger and impatience,not professionally communicated. I've not encountered this ever before, with ANY professional. I have worked with professionals across Canada and sought her out due to her expertise in trauma. I am a female. I have experienced what seemed like pre-determined opinions, and text-book answers, without her questioning me for further, more specific or detailed information that I had difficulty putting into words sometimes. I experienced a general sense of gentleness, as well prominent impatience with the pace at which I spoke. "Spit it out" "Just say it" - what I heard too often. I felt pressured sometimes. It took me quite some time to formulate my thoughts, due to many traumas, anxieties of working in her home, as well as a hint of arrogance, at times. I was inspired by her work, though, as my ambitions are high.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr Saxe is most caring person I ever meet She really cares for her patients I really believe in her I've been seeing Dr's all my life and I know she the first to really help and really understand me I can't believe what some people wrote on here I don't believe a word about what you have say about her because its not true she the best

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

I, like the other poster, caution seeking professional counsel from this individual. She caused irreparable damage to my family and was not able to see the serious signs of depression and suicidal thoughts until it was too late. Once the damage was done, she washed her hands of it and walked away. Am currently seeking advice from the professional institution on how to lodge a complaint - please be wary of her when seeking therapy for trauma.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2013

is the best.I've been seeing dr;s all my life she is the first i believe in and trust

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

Very disappointed with this medical professional. In couples therapy, she was highly aggressive towards my wife. She seemed to have predetermined opinions, and I'm not sure but perhaps she's not capable of working well with women. So much anger for someone who's supposedly a therapist. I would counsel real caution, particularly for potential female clients. This doctor was extremely harmful to our relationship, and for no apparent reason.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012