Ratings for Andrew Mcglathery

I was a patient of Mr. McGlathery for about three years. While I liked his emphasis on meditation and mindfulness training and found his therapy and medication regimen helpful for a period of time, I would not recommend him. A few lowlights: His office was extremely disorganized in scheduling. He frequently forgot basic biographical details about me. When I got a new therapist (I only saw him for medication counseling) he never got back to her to discuss my symptoms despite several attempts to contact him. I would frequently need to call two or three times for medication refills and when I emailed him to describe how a particular medication was working, it was obvious in the subsequent session that he hadn't read it. I often felt his therapy was cookie cutter and didn't take into account the particulars of my situation. My mother died suddenly and HE FORGOT!! I had been his patient for nearly three years with visits about every 5-6 weeks at that point and was astonished that he didn't remember such an important event in my life. He apologized profusely, but that was the last straw for me. I sent a detailed, and I think fair, email to tell him why I was leaving his practice but, in typical fashion, he never responded.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Made an appointment 2 weeks ago and when I submitted my paper work the appointment was cancelled and I was told that my appointment had not been put in. I then email and am first told that something came up and he had to cancel, when I called I was told by the same receptionist that he has to go to India for several months and she wasn't sure why the other receptionist that works there scheduled. So was this last minute like I was first told or was it planned like I was later told? I'm not sure, but please take your business elsewhere. It's incredibly unprofessional especially in a place like NYC.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

I was forced to switch insurance companies at the start of 2014. Subsequently , I had to find a new professional because Andrew McGlathery didn't take my new insurance. I was reluctant to change but it was necessary. With the new psychiatrist i discovered that my meds were totally incorrect!!!!!!!! I heard stories like that but never thought it could happen to me..!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

I patiently left messages for him for several weeks after speaking with his assistant, none of my calls were returned - after a promise that I would be contacted within 3 business days. I was left without medication and help in a time when I was in need and reaching out.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Its hard to put into words what Andrew has done for me. I feel like a new person since going to him. Andrew has helped me address issues that have been holding me back for years by providing me with a set of invaluable tools which I use frequently in dealing with anxieties, self-esteem, and concentration issues.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

I am really happy and thankful to have met Dr. McGlathery. I have been with him for over a year and he's helped me better deal with my anxiety and depression more than any other doctor I've ever seen in the past. I don't understand those other comments, I guess you just can't account for some folks.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

I recently visited him for my initial session. He was thoughtful, kind and compassionate. His assessment was comprehensive and seemed accurate from my perspective. I am so happy to find a provider in my network with strong clinical acumen, interpersonal skills and availability. I would recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Agreed with the above comment. This doctor actually made me feel worse after I saw him for depression. Felt like I was being interrogated and judged while answering his questions. Did not feel comfortable at all during the session. He was rude and unprofessional!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2013