Ratings for Dr. Marcie Ulmer

Dr. Ulmer was a second opinion referral for me and after a horrible experience at the first dermatologist she fit me in the same day (cancellation) and removed my suspicious mole on the spot. It did come back melanoma and I am most definitely scared but her professionalism, compassion when giving me the news, and personal approach was and is remarkable. I would recommend her a million times over and feel confident that I am safe in her care.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I just wrote a review about Dr, Ulner stating how wonderful she is as she had a correct diagnostic and treatment from a condition I was suffering and although I gave her FIVE STARS in ALL aspects, it's showing only four stars in "punctuality". I don't if this is an issue of the website, so I came here again to have it correct. Thank you.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I had facial fillers (Juvederm) with another doctor and my face (around the nose) got very red, starting an inflammation, with burning sensation and a "popcorn" texture developing under the skin. I returned to the same doctor and she said I had "nothing related with the fillers", and that I had an "eczema" and prescribed a strong ointment . Two days later, as I was getting worse, I returned to the same practice and at this time the doctor said that, in fact, I did not have "eczema" but I had "rosacea" , and prescribed antibiotics. I started the antibiotics and they did not work, in fact I was getting worse by the hour. Than... came salvation! I went to see Dr. Ulmer and she told me I did not have "eczema". I did not have "rosacea". My problem was a vascular occlusion! The fillers applied at the other clinic were blocking the vessels that carry blood! This is a serious medical emergency. Dr. Ulmer applied injections of a product that dissolves the Juvederm filler. This worked instantly! I left her office with the right side of my face already normal (the "popcorns" weren't there anymore) and the left side (which was way worse) already 80% better. She instructed me to return there "first thing next morning", and she was pleased to see that the right side was already normal and the left side still needed more injections (that were applied). I also had aspirin, warm compresses and massage. I left her practice already with a normal face, no more burning sensation, nothing. I was so happy that I wish to hug everyone on my way home! She kept calling me during the weekend to check how was doing, and I was perfect (and feeling grate!). I went to see her again after the weekend for a review and we were very pleased that she was able to revert a terrifying process that could have culminate with a necrosis and with my face deformed. I learned that facial fillers must be applied by a very skilled professional, because if something goes wrong there's the possibly of a facial vascular occlusion, something that I have never hear about. I "googled" it a lot after what happened to me and now I see how important is having the "best of the best" professional performing the procedure. I can not be thankful enough to Dr. Ulmer. She had a prompt and correct diagnostic, she immediately treated me with expertise and she is was also compassionate and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Ulmer! She is THE BEST.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Friendly and knowledgeable. She really listens and has provided me with excellent care.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

I've only been seeing Dr. Ulmer for about a year. I am being treated for adult acne. Extremely knowledgeable and staff very friendly. She remembers me every visit... I can't say that about a lot of physicians unless you've known them for a long period of time. Dr. Ulmer recently performed laser removal on the many skin tags I had. It was like a COMEDY show... REALLY... As painful as it was, we were cracking jokes pretty much the whole time. Made appointment very comfortable. As for the acne... Huge improvement! Greeting she makes every visit... Going to make you look great on your wedding date...

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

My husband saw Dr. Ulmer and she was so thorough & knowledgeable. My husband was so happy to have such a Dr. who cares. She is very nice & recommend you to see a skin Dr. if need an immediate attention. Highly recommend such a rare kind of Dr. who really cares a lot.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I have been to Dr. Ulmer twice now for having moles removed as well as acne. She is very knowledgeable, friendly and has excellent skin!! The first time my acne cleared up and now it has come back. She recommended new treatment and my acne is clearing up again! Best dermatologist! :)

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Ulmer is caring, knowledgeable and can put one at ease immediately. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fantastic dermatologist.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Such a caring dermatologist. Highly recommend. Will keep going back for my skin problem.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

A visit to Dr.Ulmer was a total waste of time I left the clinic wondering what I had gone there for. Cold attitude & responsive. I wonder about some of the reviews below as they sound suspiciously much the same. I went back to the clinic but made sure I had another Dr. who was very pleasant & helpful

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014