Ratings for Dr. Peter Krochmal

Been seeing Dr. Krochmal for a few years now. As others say, it's rare to meet someone who cares so much about patient care. I had some odd recurring vision issues that he spent a lot of time diagnosing - he took the time to gather enough data to suggest a reasonable course of treatment. Worked the first go! Have experienced the same periodic punctuality issues, however i know i was probably the cause of one of those punctuality issues one of the days i was there. Yes, he can run a little late, but it's a lot easier to swallow when you know it's because he's ensuring his patients get the most thorough care possible.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I had a rare virus that spread to my eye causing them to severely swell and lots of discharged. Doctor. krochmal was very helpful with recognizing the virus and offered treatment with follow up calls immediately. Rare to find a doctor that cares so much and he referred me to a specialist for follow up to be certain of no further treatment required. Thank you Dr. krochmal for caring and indeed I did not need of any further treatments. Will definitely recommend and yes if anyone reads this with this and has had an incident of this virus or knows of someone with it refer them to Dr. krochmal as I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I have found Dr. Krochmal to be very competent and thorough. After taking my daughter for years to another optometrist in the city who repeatedly told me that she didn't need glasses (although she complained often of headaches and eye strain), Dr. Krochmal spent the time to make sure that he had the full picture of what was happening with her eyesight. In the end, my daughter was given glasses for her far-sightedness and gladly wears them daily as she knows they help! I will continue to trust Dr. Krochmal with our family's eye care needs.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

For one of the most expensive Optometrists in the city I expect great results. I went to this Dr. for over 3 years, but on the last visit I waited for 30 minutes to get in the room, the staff then requested I remove my contacts for the exam(so I can no longer read a magazine). In the examination room I then waited for an additional 35 minutes! The app't from arrival to finish was so long I had taken the afternoon off work and was almost late picking up my son from school. There was acknowledgement or apology for waiting well over an hour to be seen. I will never go back to this office! Saw Dr. Wes Prince on the next yearly visit and was way happier for almost half the price!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

This is the second time that I see Dr. Krochmal for an eye examination. I have found him to be thorough and very helpful. I am so pleased to have found an optometrist that I can trust completely. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family members. I actually have done so already. Furthermore, I have found his staff to be polite and very helpful also. Thank you, Dr. Krochmal and your wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

Staff seemed inexperienced. Asked me what the Rx was for my glasses b/c could tell from their machine. I purcahsed the glasses there and told her to look it up on my file. Main complaint was Doc was very late - kept me waiting in a hot,semi dark room for over 40 minutes. No reasons for delay given nor an apology.I liked the front staff who help with finding frames - very good eye for what works, know their inventory and very professional.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012