Ratings for Dr. Peter Palma

My husband has been dealing with an issue with his side for over a year now, yesterday the pain was so bad he went to emergency. He has had many tests done before but nothing to find the actual cause. Dr. Palma told my husband he was not "in the right place" because they only deal with emergencies like "heart attacks" and "people falling from buildings". he refused to give my husband any treatment and dismissed him. My husband was stunned at how unprofessional and how much this man could care less. There was zero bedside manner and his pain was not a concern. I would not want anyone to have to deal with this man. I am loosing faith in the fort mcmurray hospital day by day.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Peter Palma has been the ER Doctor on the front lines of Ft. McMurray's latest population boom. Peter is very profesional and a first rate M.D. Many people abuse the Emergency Room which saved lives threatned by accidents and violence. If your life were at risk you would want Peter on duty. If your ill, see your family Doctor, if you are dying see Peter Palmer!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Next time I need to go to the ER, I should ask if he is the one on duty. We can't believe how unprofessional and inconsiderate this doctor is!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

great at his job, is right to the point and loves what he does

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

My experience with Dr Palma was good. I had a very bad chest infection which was spurred by an ongoing sinus infection. No family doc in the city has been able to write a prescription that could address the sinus infection just a referral to an ENT that's going to take 6 months. Dr Palma wrote a prescription to address both the chest and sinus and 2 days later both are getting better. He made small talk with us and seemed very friendly.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I was in the ER at Northern Lights hospital with a very swollen ankle requiring crutches. Dr. Palma walked through the curtain and immediately commented on how sore my ankle looked and asked about my history. I mentioned no acute injuries and that the condition has come and went for years. Told him tests for arthritis and gout were negative. Mentioned I had a recent MRI that may be if help I wouldn't mind looking at it. He said "I don't do that here". Confused I asked him to elaborate and he went off on me saying I wasn't an emergency and it's not his job to evaluate another doctors results ect. He promptly wrote me a prescription, literally threw it at me and yelled to the nurses that I was discharged. The whole ER was astonished at what they heard. I lodged a complaint with patient relations. Clearly a glorified prescription writer who has issues dealing with other doctors work. Perhaps a self prescription to control his temper/pride wouldn't hurt. Terrible experience.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

This man was so kind to us, treated us with the utmost respect, and gave us frank honest thoughtful advice. My husband has no pain now for the first time in ages. If I ever wind up in emergency in Fort McMurray, I hope I am treated by him. He was spot on.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

He treated me properly. I had a urinary tract infection. He was a bit harried though.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

This doctor is inconsiderate comes off very racial and passive. Saw other paitents that came after me when i was the one who could not breath and needed immediate attention. when he finally came to see me was uninformative told me to go see family doctor after i had asked for advice. i would not want him as my family doctor or my choice of doctor if i needed emergency care.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2013

Thanks doc, great help, finally got my diagnosis, you're not afraid to send someone to the specialist

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013