Ratings for Dr. Tammy J. Beavers

Being new to the area, I was looking for a Family Practice Physician who could take care of my medical needs that did not require a specialist. Also, since I didn't know any good physicians in the fields of Pain Management, Rheumatology or Neurology, all of which are specialists that I need to see on a regular, ongoing basis, I figured she and her practice could recommend good colleagues. BOY WAS I WRONG! Not only was I not taken seriously, but her and her practice's first suggestion was that I needed to go to REHAB! She, nor her PA, nor anyone on her staff took the time to read through any of the 6+ years of medical records I had sent to her office, from my previous doctors. Before even stepping into the exam room with me, she had made up her mind that I was just a drug seeking hypochondriac. At one point, I had been placed on a drug called Topamax from the "Pain specialist" that she referred me to, and when that practice didn't take me seriously when I phoned about the horrible side effects, I tried to contact her office for help and advice. I was brought in for an appointment, where she put me on klonopin, in addition to the Topamax and Zanaflex that she and the pain doc already had me on. Needless to say the combination was toxic enough to land me in the ER, barely able to tell anyone my name, let alone do anything else, in less than a week of taking the medications AS PRESCRIBED! I sure hope she doesn't treat all her patients who are younger and have chronic pain this way. I have never been treated so poorly by a physician, their staff or the medical community as a whole, than I was at Dr. Beaver's practice and in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia! I would NEVER, NEVER, NEVER refer anyone to this doctor or practice, especially not anyone who suffers from any kind of chronic pain condition.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Tammy Beavers is an excellent physician. She did a lot of good things for my elderly mother when she was hospitalized this summer and figured out many of her medical problems and where they were coming from. Beavers is a prime example of WHY age and experience DO matter. She far EXCEEDS the doctors in their 30s who just dont have the experience and knowledge to care for the elderly. Also, she is extremely patient with the patients, and takes time out to PHONE the family to explain what's happening and what the next line of action will be. We very much appreciate all the assistance she has provided us!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I love her. She's always great with my family, especially my teenage son, and that means a great deal to me.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Shes one of the nicest doctors I've every seen. She takes her time and is very helpful.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

She was my Dr back in 2007. She was very nice and we got to the bottom of my issues.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

A compassionate physican who takes the time to listen, diagnose. I'm certainly glad she is my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2009

Although this physician may be a decent care giver, she's affiliated with a practice (James River Family Practice) that gives very poor customer service.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

She is very helpful and takes her time to listen to whats wronge and answers any questions you may have. A very hard working woman.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

Dr. Tammy J. Beavers's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1997)