Ratings for Dr. Mary-Anne Aarts

Had my gallbladder removed, surgery went well but very late. When seeing the doctor for a consult my appointment was about 1.5 behind and she was rushing to a surgery so was in a hurry. Would say she’s great but might be better to lessen the workload so that patients don’t feel neglected. She said she would check in with my dad post surgery but we never saw her. In fact, no one checked in with him for 3 hours. Her staff was very nice.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr Aarts removed my very inflamed gallbladder and I felt well cared for by Doctor and staff at the Michael Garron hospital. I feel so much better now that I heeded her advice to have it removed.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Aarts removed my inflamed gallbladder with a bid stone inside. I am a happy patient now. There were no complications. The recovery time was 3 days at home. The full recovery 3 weeks. The incisions are very small. It looks like a magic how the big stone in the gallbladder packed in the plastic bag went out through the little incision above the belly button. The operating room team was friendly.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I went to Dr. Aarts to have gallstones removed. She recommended that I have a colonoscopy first. I agreed to this procedure only because I had what I had interpreted as blood in my pants and I had received the annual correspondence (like others) from the government to have a colonoscopy done (just as I would a mammogram). I am very sorry that I went through this procedure with this doctor and I am very glad that I did not go further and have my gallstones removed by her. For a year I have had pain, constipation, and diarrhea -always when I am in bed - around 3 am - so I have to get up till the pain goes. Sometimes these symptoms go away but always for a short time - a month - and then when I am convinced that they are gone they come back. From what I understand I now have IBS and there is no cure. I was healthy when I went to see Dr. Aarts and I left the hospital sick. I wanted to talk to her about this but I don't see how she can change what has been done, especially if there is no cure. I would not recommend her. I wouldn't care what her staff was like or how punctual she was. I assume that she should be knowledgeable. But I sensed this hurriedness - "let's get this done" type of attitude. And the blood is still coming in my pants so it must be a hemorrhoid. She has some good reviews which was the reason that I went to her. Now I don't bother with the reviews. I do a more thorough research before I would let any doctor put what I call a "snake" that is used in the toilet into a human being - me.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

I just wish they communicate to you after surgery to check how is the wound, if there's any infection or none, or what's the result of the test. If you're ok to go back to work or not. Nobody tells you how to take care, clean or dress the wound. I called & most of the times nobody answer the phone. Even if you email & left them messages, nobody return your call nor email you back as they said they will. Before surgery I was feeling confident that they will take care of me. But after surgery it's totally different, it is so hard to get in touch with them.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I had recent gastric bypass surgery, and I found Dr. Aarts to be excellent. She answered all of my questions and visited me everyday in the hospital. She took the time to speak with my family after the surgery, and she was very personable. I felt she cared, but more importantly I felt she was knowledgeable and experienced. I had a very positive experience and the nurses on the floor were also excellent. Thank-you!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2016

She will be performing gall bladder removal surgery on me in April 2016. Dr. Aarts seemed very caring thorough listened and cared very much what I had to say. t seems obvious to me she is a caring kind "non aloof" and also an "EXCELLENT" physician also. I feel fortunate to be under her care and charge.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

My case was a very difficult and complicated one. I am still under her care and she has been amazing. SHe is promt to answer questions and I can always reach her when I need her.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

DR Aarts, s was great she came to visit every day I was in the hospital. She answered all my questions .I am so thankful that I was given such a gifted surgeon. Most surgeons would not of wanted to operate on me based on my risk level but she performed a text book gastric surgical procedure that had me on a fast road to recovery and a second chance at remaining above ground for what I hope is a long time. I can't begin to thank her enough for this new lease on life I no longer have to live that 600lb life I have been living . If there is someone out there living the 600lb nightmare and is willing to go ahead with the surgery that is needed to get your life back than I sugest you seek out Dr Aarts she is second to none . No need to file a Form 16 thanks to you and your team.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Dr. Aarts is a fabulous and methodical doctor of medicine. She has performed sugary on me twice and has always taken the time to explain and to perform an outstanding job. I understand that my issues might be complicated, but Dr. Aarts has been there when no one else was so I am truly thankful. I remain hopeful. Per M., PhD.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015