Ratings for Dr. Monica Vermani

I have serious medical issues and enough trauma for five people. This gentle bright perceptive Dr, is very determined to help her patients. She goes more than the distance. She is very kind, bright, and tries many approaches. Never judgemental, I am in really rough shape, She moves you along with innovative ideas. Bright,intuitive,streetwise, a boon to humanity. Always endeavours to help. She's got a lot of resilience and backbone. A real credit to her craft full of cohones. She doesn't accept the status quo,neither should you. Her assistant Rebecca is a real asset with tons of care for the patients and empathy. Both are very human and humane.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

She is truly an amazing dr inside and out!! Would recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Had personal sessions with Dr. Vermani to go thru personal ups and downs. Monika is definitely one of the top therapists I know. She is knowledgeable, organized and gives great practical advice.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

If she doesnt know who she is ,how can she be in a position to help others?

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

Pleasant to speak to in group therapy, but in one-on-one therapy I had unpleasant experiences. She seems to simply love hearing herself speak, which at first seems okay for a patient who is being treated for social anxiety, lol. One day in one-on-one therapy with Dr Vermani I brought up an issue that was giving me a lot of anxiety, and she gave some vague advice about the issue. Then, it was another few months before I saw her for another one-on-one appointment. I would get phone calls the day before, saying that there was a cancellation. One time I even arrived at the START Clinic (it takes me 2 hours to get there from my house), only to be told that Dr Vermani decided that morning that she had to cancel and they had tried to get in touch with me that morning. Great, try to contact me when I'm already on my way to the appointment and I cannot be contacted because I'm on the subway. My next few scheduled appointments were cancelled too. FINALLY, when I saw Dr Vermani again - she accosted me for bringing up an issue that had been bothering me a few months before and she told me that I needed to get over it. I broke down in tears and she then she took the opportunity to say that I never make an effort to schedule appointments. Now angry, I told her that I had PLENTY of appointments over the last few months but I kept receiving calls that my appointment had been cancelled. Instead of apologizing for canceling on me so often, she took me downstairs to the receptionist and blamed them for cancelling on me, as though the cancellations had nothing to do with her. If she was trying to get rid of me as a patient, she did a good job. I would have rather just been told "our clinic is too busy and we cannot take in new patients for one-on-one therapy now", because it would have saved me a lot of grief. Group Therapy with Dr Vermani was a very different experience than the one-on-one therapy. She was only unavailable once for group therapy, and Dr Katzman took over that day (that was fun). She never accosted anyone in group, nor did she cancel on us. I still have no clue why I kept getting jerked around for individual therapy with her, but it left me feeling angry, depressed, hopeless and rejected.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Vermani is so experienced that she can get to the root of your problems within a few sessions. she gives you valuable, practical exercise to do. She guides you to learn to live your life in a state of higher self esteem, while being non-judgmental in dealing with people in your life. I would highly recommend Dr Vermani without hesitation to anyone seeking to find a professional Psychologist. Love and Light.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Monica is an organized therapist with a firm strategy for every situation. she listens well while you tell the story of your life and problems then she goes right into action and every time you visit you come out of your session with good valuable and useable stuff to help you to the next level of healing or self care to real your goal of feeling well on an emotional and mental level. She sues CBT tools and lots of love and caring when she is with you and you feel she cares. she has made a real difference in my family with my husband and daughter and still working on me. I would refer anyone to her with high regard

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013