Ratings for Dr. Ravi K. Bashyal

A great surgeon, but a great human as well. I had my mini total hip surgery a week ago. No pain, waling around. So happy! see Dr. B, he is the best

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Dr. Bashyal is simply the best surgeon I have ever encountered. Period. From bedside manner to technical skill, there is no one better. I am a reitred general surgeon, and my wife a retired OR nurse. Between the two of us, we have seen it all. When it came time for me to do my hip replacement, I started to ask around, and Dr. Bashyal's name kept coming up. I picked three ortho surgeons and went to see them all. Dr. Bashyal listened to me. Really listened. Understood my individual questions and conerns, and addressed them for me. I knew I needed a total hip replacement, but the way he made me feel at ease was something unique. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago. A minimally invasive total hip. I went home the same day, and was walking around my house pretty normally that night. I got rid of the cane 1 week ago. I am already driving. I realize that I am ahead of the curve with my recovery, but I can tell you as a person "in the industry" that in addition to his kind demeanor, his surgical skill is second to none. I have a son who works as a surgical sales rep and is around hip and knee surgeries at multiple hospitals with multiple surgeons. He has seen it all. When I told him who I had chosen to do my hip (and I had purposely not asked him ahead of time so I could do my own research), he was thrilled. He told me that Dr. B's reputation was as a star surgeon amongst his peers and the OR staff. I guess you can tell that I was pretty happy with my surgery and outcome. To be honest, I have never written a review for a doctor before, but this experience was so incredible that I felt the need to post, tell all my friends, and I plan to review him on every site I can!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017