You may also like

Rate Dr. John Engle

Dr. John Engle's Ratings

I have had some dealings with Dr. Engle I the ER and in office and find him pathetic. I heard he is being forced out of Kincardine for incompetence.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2884934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2015

I heard that Dr. Engle is being forced to leave Kincardine due to medical incompetence!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2884178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2015

The biggest problem is the receptionist. Not there, or not answering the phone. It is exhausting when you need to talk to someone. Also snide when I called in to see if they had a referral for me her comment was, so what are we referring you for now.... long on the now. Other wise I like Dr. Engle and his nurse, they are good. He has had one intern in there that told me everything that was wrong with me, was age related. I understand she had many others complain about her, so it was not just me and that she was reprimanded, other wise you will find a lot of Dr. 's using their smart phones as computers to refresh their minds on certain things. Sorry to hear the tales of others, that is not my experience, not with Dr. Engle. There are a number of other Doctors who I cannot say the same thing about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2864581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

This Kincardine doctor and his staff are quite pathetic..the receptionist rarely answers the phone and is quite rude when she does answer it! She makes you feel like you're an inconvenience...and for the doc himself..."Dr. Google" the best answers available to him from Wiki and doesn't order medically necessary tests nor follows up with his patients condition and mis-diagnoses ...I heard he's leaving Kincardine because too many patient complaints!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2831604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Best Dr I have ever had. He helped my daughter through very troubled teen years and is now a happy well-adjusted young woman. Thank you to Dr Engle, Val and all the nurses. Always feel like my needs were met. I drive 40 minutes each way to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2825176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I've never had such a bad experience than I have with Dr. Engle. He is very dismissive and honestly googles everything on his iPhone infront of me. He thinks he's a jack of all trades, so good luck getting a referral out of him. I had to confront him for a referral after several appointments, and when he finally caved and gave me one, he wrote on it (which the specialist read to me) that I was a disgruntled woman with self image issues. This was for dermatologist. If Dr. Engle took the time to look at past records of mine, he would have seen that I've tried everything under the sun and needed a specialist. Instead he wanted to run me through the ropes again, which I wasn't in the mood for years of poor treatment by him.
This was not the only thing that's made me realize he's a poor doctor. I've have 4 instances where I've left thinking what a waste of time, then go to ER for better care. The only reason I stayed with him for many years was because of the fact that I saw his interns (which I loved all of them) more than I saw him. But now that summer is here and interns are gone, I'm looking for another doctor.
Good luck!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Dr.John Engle He is not a Great doctor. In fact he is very unfaithful he has cost me tons of medical problems And left me in the cold to suffer and when he knows my kidneys and my bowels were not working he would not do anything about it and he would let that slide for a few more months to something else happen to me then it was too late I almost died cuz of him then I was trying to force him to send me down to a specialist down to London and he was not planning to do that for me if it wasn't for my CCAC Nurse get me to a specialist she tried 4 weeks leaving messages to the secretary of Dr.John Engle office there were not even trying to call my nurse back Instead they were avoiding my nurse My Nurse was kind of upset because they were not calling her back and it was an Emergency needed she had to push some buttons to get them to send me to London. That's when I start looking for a new Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728999].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

Family DR Took me off all my medication including heart pills and blood thinners for no reason Just up and took me off no testing to see how my heart condition was just one day decided I no longer need my medications without any further testing

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2725664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

Probably the worst doctor I have ever dealt with. He dismisses things as being trivial, when in fact major things are wrong. I had 2 knee surgeries in 2002 and have been having knee pain for the past couple years. I am young and very active. He told me that I just needed to do some exercises. I went back a month later with the same complaints. He finally budged to give me an MRI referral, but just for one knee. (Both were hurting though!) He forgot to submit the referral and I had to call 4 times to remind them to submit it. This took 3 months. The MRI showed torn ligaments. I went to see an ortho surgeon who advised me I had torn ligaments in both knees. He questioned why I only had a referral for one MRI. The surgeon then gave me a referral for the other knee. I had to wait months to just get both knees diagnosed. Such a waste of time. Find another doctor! If you are really sick, it will take forever to get something for it and you could die waiting for a diagnosis from this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2472324].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 25, 2014

Hands down the worst doctor and support staff that has ever been subjected on the poor people of Kincardine.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2195743].votes_count ]]