Ratings for Dr. Ayyan Niaz

Dr. Niaz performed my mothers masectomy after she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2015. He was excellent and put her mind at ease. Not only did he do a good job with surgery but 2 years later the area removed and the incisions looks really good. Now 2 years later she needed to have a lumpectomy in the other breast and again he did a great job. Unfortunately she now needs to have another masectomy and he will be her surgeon. She only trusts him as she has had 2 surgeries with him and we know he is excellent at what he does.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

I had an excellent experience with Dr. Niaz - he was the consultant at the high-risk breast screening program and was responsible for my testing, biopsy and ultimately, my mastectomy surgery. He is a truly compassionate human being, the likes of which I rarely meet in any other profession. My recovery from surgery was very good and I will never forget his kindness and empathy during a difficult time of a cancer diagnosis.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

My husband was referred to Dr Niaz a year ago with stomach pain and an ultrasound showed that he had gallstones. When we went into his office, he looked angry for whatever reason and made us both for very uncomfortable. Right away he said my husband needed surgery and soon. We wondered if his problem could be something else since some of the symptoms were questionable. Dr Niaz said that if he wanted he could go for the test that my husband already had scheduled with a gastroenterologist but that he doubted they would find anything. My husband decided to keep that appointment and they did find gastritis. Right away he cut out coffee, spicy foods and anything that we read would aggravate it. He has felt great ever since and not had any further pain. Dr Niaz was quick to say that surgery was required right away when it was not needed at all.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Best surgeon, had masectomy with him. Very caring and willing to listen and take time for your questions. Very genuine, amazing beside manner. Trust him completely! Very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

Dr. Niaz did a mastectomy on my mother back in 2012. He is of the most caring, understanding and professional doctor/surgeon my family and myself have known so far. He has been extremely supportive to all of us and my mom during the whole process, has patiently explored options with us, directed us to the best after care resources available, and has gone above and beyond to take care of my mom. He has been a blessing to us and we are forever grateful. We are still amazed at all that he did for us. May God bless him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

I had seen Dr. Niaz over a year ago to further look into a lump I had found. I was terrified and he put my mind at ease right away. After examining it, he said I had nothing to worry about but we can still do a biopsy to get confirmation. Tests came back all clear. A couple weeks ago the lump had got infected and inflammed. Dr. Niaz's staff fit me in for an appointment right away and were extremely helpful over the phone. The day of the appointment, I was not sure if he would just examine it or actually resolve the issue. He knew that I was nervous and explained that it was a quick procedure that would be done that day. During the procedure he was walking me step by step through what he was doing and made me feel relaxed as possible. Overall I think he is a wonderful Doctor, never once did I feel rushed or that any question I asked was stupid. His nurse that assisted was great and very friendly.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

If you are diagnosed with DCIS, please do some research. The National Cancer Institute is now recommending that DCIS be renamed so that it is not called cancer. It is pre-cancer. It has been in the news now, since 2009 that DCIS is pre-cancer, but I just found this. See http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2009/09/25/milk_duct_tumours_not_really_cancer.html Had Dr. Niaz told me I was pre-cancerous I would not have had a mastectomy. Dr. Niaz told me my condition was "consistent with cancer". I trusted Dr. Niaz that surgery was necessary. The surgery was scheduled within two and a half weeks of my first appointment, but there was no rush, since I didn't have cancer. He knew it, but never told me. Please also see http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/experts-call-for-changes-to-definition-of-cancer/article13495110/

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I just wanted to express my deepest thanks and appreciation for the excellent treatment and care you provided for me. You demonstrated your total commitment into caring for me when I was helpless in the days before surgery and after. You are truly an amazing Doctor.... My total Thyroidectomy operation went smooth.Dr.NIaz is very gifted with his hands and knows what he is doing and note that you can trust this Doctor. I am truly blessed and now feel I can move on from this and know I can raise my little ones....You saved my life and will never be forgotten. Best Regards Eva.M.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012