Ratings for Dr. Bevin Hamlet

This doctor should retire. Lack of empathy. Lack of knowledge. Lack of professionalism. Not worth even 1 star.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I took my daughter, who has chronic endometriosis and persistent bursting cysts, to HRH emergency recently, in extreme pain and discomfort. I guess we drew the short straw and got this doctor. He was dismissive and disrespectful. She was asked where her pain was, on a scale of 1-10 and she said, 10. He told us that only women who are delivering babies ever get pain to that extent. He was argumentative and patronizing. How would he, as a man, ever know how much pain a woman is in, when experiencing this kind of pain. We pushed for a pelvic ultrasound, that then clearly showed the cysts and associated hemoraging, that DOES cause this kind of pain. He said that he was reluctant to give her morphine as the Government was "coming down" on doctors that were prescribing it.. He reluctantly worked with us and we finally got her stabilized 10 hours later!! Thankfully, he was swapped out by another doctor, who understood our situation and told us to always come back if this flare up ever happened again. A completely awful experience with this doctor, who had zero empathy and belittled us all the way through the experience.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

He treated me today as a walk-in patient for a UTI at MCI in Oakville. He stated that "Women always come in on Sundays with UTIs because they had too much fun over the weekend", and I felt humiliated and disgusted by his comment.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2018

Dr.Hamlet is a fantastic doctor that's why sometimes people over stay for appointment

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

To further my comment below from aug 11 I would like to add that I'm completely off the anxiety pills Dr. B. Hamlet was giving me and have never felt better. For years I felt drugged and foggy in my head now that I'm off and getting the proper help I need from a doctor who cared enough to send me for tests and to a specialist, I've never felt better!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

He was my doctor for 25 years but the last 5 + years he's been awful. Chalked my problems up to Stress and anxiety, gave me pills I didn't need. Got a second opinion and turns out to be ovarian cysts that i need surgery for. For the last 2-3 years he told me my problems were stress/anxiety, never sent me for a test and when i asked for a referral to a specialist he told me he couldn't do that unless i had a problem. His receptionist looks and acts like she rather be getting her eyes gouged out than to be at work answering phones and receiving patients - a total miserable person and not just on a "bad day" I have seen and experienced her rudeness and lack of compassion for years at every visit or phone call to book an apt. This is not just my experience but the experience with other family members and also friends & neighbours that he is/was their family doctor. If the passion for medicine isn't there anymore he should retire and stop messing with people's lives and health!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

This doctor give perks to drug addicts and also people that don't really need these strong drugs there are people selling these drugs for 8$ a pill he makes me sick to my stomach

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

No comment. Any problems you may have will be chalked up to stress.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr. Hamlet has been my family doctor for a couple years now and he is great, I can talk to him about anything always very helpful when other. I completly agree with the previous post he is a very busy man which does cause him to be late alot but in no way does that make him a bad doctor. As for his staff they are both lovley always helpful.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Can't get them to answer the phone! I have been a patient for over ten years and I must say that the service has been getting worse. The secretary " the new one " sucks! She doesn't want to be there and doesn't want to work...always angry or something...just a miserable person I think.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015