Ratings for Dr. Bevin Hamlet

Dr.Hamlet is a fantastic doctor that's why sometimes people over stay for appointment

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

To further my comment below from aug 11 I would like to add that I'm completely off the anxiety pills Dr. B. Hamlet was giving me and have never felt better. For years I felt drugged and foggy in my head now that I'm off and getting the proper help I need from a doctor who cared enough to send me for tests and to a specialist, I've never felt better!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

He was my doctor for 25 years but the last 5 + years he's been awful. Chalked my problems up to Stress and anxiety, gave me pills I didn't need. Got a second opinion and turns out to be ovarian cysts that i need surgery for. For the last 2-3 years he told me my problems were stress/anxiety, never sent me for a test and when i asked for a referral to a specialist he told me he couldn't do that unless i had a problem. His receptionist looks and acts like she rather be getting her eyes gouged out than to be at work answering phones and receiving patients - a total miserable person and not just on a "bad day" I have seen and experienced her rudeness and lack of compassion for years at every visit or phone call to book an apt. This is not just my experience but the experience with other family members and also friends & neighbours that he is/was their family doctor. If the passion for medicine isn't there anymore he should retire and stop messing with people's lives and health!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

This doctor give perks to drug addicts and also people that don't really need these strong drugs there are people selling these drugs for 8$ a pill he makes me sick to my stomach

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

No comment. Any problems you may have will be chalked up to stress.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr. Hamlet has been my family doctor for a couple years now and he is great, I can talk to him about anything always very helpful when other. I completly agree with the previous post he is a very busy man which does cause him to be late alot but in no way does that make him a bad doctor. As for his staff they are both lovley always helpful.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

Can't get them to answer the phone! I have been a patient for over ten years and I must say that the service has been getting worse. The secretary " the new one " sucks! She doesn't want to be there and doesn't want to work...always angry or something...just a miserable person I think.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Ok, firstly, I must say that Dr. Hamlet is one of the best doctors I have ever met in my entire life. The person who gave him such a poor rating, below - it seems like you're talking about a different doctor. The reason Dr. Hamlet is often late is because he is so busy. He has patients coming from all over Southern Ontario coming to see him, and I know that he works are various hospitals as well. People are not coming for his lack of care. On the contrary, Dr. Hamlet is one of the most honest, sincere and thorough doctors I have ever met and I'm glad he is my family doctor. He has treated several of my friends and family members, and even provided a life-saving diagnosis to my grandmother when no other doctor could figure out what was wrong with her. His 30+ years of experience speaks for itself. At Dr. Hamlet's office, you're not going to get a doctor that is going to sugar coat things, or say what you want to hear. To the guy that posted below - if Dr. Hamlet said that nothing is wrong with you, then it's likely because, nothing is wrong with you. His staff is more than competent and multi-disciplined. For example, his secretary is a lab technician as well, with more than 20 years of experience. She is not only excellent at what she does, but she is friendly and funny. One thing about the office is that you're not going to get perfect glass tables, hard wood floors, immaculate decor etc, but you will get a knowledgeable doctor, and knowledgeable staff, who are both very busy because their services are wanted and needed by many. Most doctors barely make eye contact with you. Dr. Hamlet takes the time to get to know his patients; he listens; he doesn't pre-judge anyone, etc. It's too bad that some people might read this one guy's comments and form an opinion. I just really had to post here to state the truth, because good doctors like Dr. Hamlet are really hard to find.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I actually have a few complaints about this doctor, and he's been my family doctor for over 10 years, I just gritted my teeth in the recent years because I know how hard it is to get a doctor in Toronto. I don't know how else to say this, and I really can't be any less blunt about it: This guy sucks, and I'm fairly sure he has lost his passion to be a doctor. I'm very convinced he's one of the worst doctors in Toronto. The last three times I've visited he's been half an hour late, which resulted in me waiting usually from 45 mins to an hour extra to be seen. When I am seen, and tell him my problem or pain/discomfort I'm in, he often replies: But *blank* you're such a young guy! I wouldn't worry about it" Which is extremely insulting, as I pride myself as a person that doesn't see a doctor unless I really think I have something wrong with my body going on. I honestly believe that he's a doctor that just wishes to throw pills/meds at a problem, and that's not who I am, most meds are only a band aid, and don't fix the problem. Ultimately I came to the realization of: "Wow, if my family doctor is so bad to the point that I can't even bring myself to get checked out, why do I even have a family doctor?" So it's pretty much walk-in clinics for me, and they've already been far more helpful than he ever was. I will also note that the secretary staff are equally incompetent. Hamlets partner Doctor A. is much more competent, kind and helpful, he's the one that will get you sent to the specialists, and he won't mock you, or passive-aggressively imply that you're there for no reason because he was 35 minutes late, and trying to rush through his clients for the day. While this review may be biased to my own experiences they are very real, and I implore you to do some research before you make your choice, and if you're like me, a current patient, and unhappy, you should speak up, and find a doctor that will actually care for you, and your health, and most importantly the health of your family. Best wishes Hamlet, I hope you find the heart to actually care again some day like you use to.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015