Ratings for Dr. C. Stephen Foster

Dr Foster has given his life to improving peoples eyesight. It is not an easy job. Misdiagnosis is rampant when you get to orphan diseases. I have seen 1st hand the degree of phenomenal care you get. Top Doc's in the world are miracle workers. He belongs in this class. Is he correct 100% of the time. Of course not,.... but he has seen almost everything you could see, and has dealt with it in a heartfelt manner. I hope to keep seeing him for the rest of my life. His new offices are world class.... so is the help....

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

I feel so fortunate and relieved to be in the care of Dr Foster. he is a leading and highly respected expert and kind and caring and is comforting to his patients His staff is extremely helpful You will feel you are in the best of hands .

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Over 2 hours of wait time on both visits even though it was by no means busy.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Foster for 10+ years. He is a rare combination of a world renowned physician, and sensitive humanitarian. I know I am getting the very best care from a man that cares about my health, and the quality of my customer service experience. I know of no other medical practice that strives for customer service the way Dr. Foster consistently does. He never ceases in his efforts to improve the patient experience, or quality of care. I am a print professional, my eyes are my livelihood, Dr. Foster saved my career and restored my faith in the medical profession. He is very literally my hero. His staff is friendly and accommodating. The office environment is beautiful, and relaxing. I only wish he could be my primary care physician. I am so very thankful for and to Dr. Foster.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Foster is absolutely dedicated and has a deep knowledge of occular inflammatory diseases. He and his staff have always been there for my daughter for flare-ups and treatment, since her diagnosis in 2011.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Foster since 1993 for Uveitis and Cystoid Macular Edema. I have two sisters, two chidren and one niece that are also Uveitis patients of Dr. Foster. Through Dr. Foster, my family proved that Uveitis is genetic. We regard Dr. Foster as being in the highest class of Eye Specialists in the world. He has has always been there for us. As I am a difficult patient in terms of treating due to adverse reactions to many drug therapies, he has always come up with something new that works! From having my vision at 20/-500 in both eyes at the worst, I currently have 20/20 & 20/25! Without his expertise, I would most likely be blind by now. Congradulations to Dr. and Mrs. Foster for creating MERSI which is a state-of-art facility. The staff has also been phenominal.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013

I want to emphatically state had I not been under Dr. Foster's care and his expertise I would not have vision now. I have an extremely rare, idiopathic eye disease capable of causing blindness. Dr. Foster is an expert in his field and all staff are professional, caring and superb patient advocates. A partnership is formed in navigating uncertain, unpredictable path of treatable eye diseases. MERSI is a state of the art, all inclusive facility with comprehensive services including on site lab, infusion, diagnostic, surgery and patient support groups. I have personally benefited from each of these services. After my first appointment with Dr. Foster I knew this is where I needed to be and what I needed to do to preserve my vision. My daughter and granddaughter have been patients of Dr. Foster. My family and I highly recommend Dr. Foster and his staff for any vision/eye disease concerns you may have. Thank you Dr. Foster and MERSI for preserving my gift of sight and wonderful care.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Foster and his staff for many years. Dr. Foster has seen me through Uveitis, Glaucoma, surgeries, steroids, injections and now infusions. These infusions are actually causing me to gain some vision back, which is tremendous after all that I have been through. Everyone in the office from Tech to Fellow to Dr.'s Foster, Hinkle, and Anesi have shown me nothing but care and concern for my wellbeing. His staff helped me fight the insurance company to get infusions approved, and I am so thankful for that. Those of you that are complaining about bedside manner, please ask yourself, could you be in any better hands for this blinding condition??? I know that I couldn't. If there is help to be had for Uveitis, it is at MERSI following Dr. Foster's protocol.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

First I have to rate Dr. Foster as an A+++. I have had a reoccurring uveitis in the same eye 3 times plus an injury to the same eye and Dr. Foster took control of the situation and saved my sight in that eye. With any negative things that may be said about his "bedside manners", I say suck it up and let him fix your eye, in my opinion he's the best there is. The one problem is the office manager who overcharged me $500 due to a billing error and refused to return it. Fortunate for her, Dr. Foster is worth that and more so if that small amount helps keep him in business to help others, it's worth it. Representative John Hikel, New Hampshire

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

If you have lyme disease, but do not have 5 bands on a western blot plus recent positive PCR testing forget it. Positive PCR results for bartonella draw no reaction or comment whatsoever.Perhaps he has no knowledge of this disease and its ocular effects. Never mind that you can't see for the severe floaters. He makes it clear that you are wasting his time. Very unprofessional, rude and inhumane. In contrast the medical staff under him are great. If you go to MERSI, pick one of the other doctors.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr. C. Stephen Foster's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1969)

Secure Horizons