Ratings for Dr. Angus Ghilchrist

This doctor needs more training. His bedside manner is condescending and he definitely shouldn't have medical students shadowing him. The college needs to intervene as the care offered by this doctor at Delta Hospital ER is negligent. Shame on you Delta Hospital for employing this terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

delta hospital is a wonderful hospital however dr. Gilchrist was horrible. Had the worst bedside manner, extremely arrogant and because I was questioning him on certain things he was concerned about what I did for living rather than give me the answers I needed. I hope they find a new gp for their emergency. There are some really awesome GP's around and he definitely isn't one.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

This doctor was the most arrogant and ignorant character I have met in a long time. Went in with excruciating pain in my uterus. Was told it was due to an STI (not likely...) and refused to do an external ultrasound and told me to go see my family doctor for a PAP. Turns out I had an ectopic pregnancy and could have died. Good thing I went to a different ER

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

It is unfortunate that this doctor represents a hospital struggling to survive. He is unprofessional, uncaring, and unbelievably arrogant. He accused my husband of drug-seeking when he came in with extreme back pain. He dismissed me with a common UTI when I had a large kidney stone. He has poor bedside manners and seems flustered ALL THE TIME. Go to VGH or RGH.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I saw this Dr. In the emergency room at Delta Hospital emergency. He was not interested in what I had to say. I have had chronic sinus problems and when I started having excruciating pain in my sinus we went to emerg as I knew I had to start on antibiotics immediately. Before I even saw him he said that sinus infection is the most over diagnosed ailment out there. (I have had my sinus surgically cleaned out for chronic infection.). Then he looked in my mouth, not my nose, and said I should go for an x-ray. Also called my ENT's prescription & method "old school." Sent me to x-ray. I waited over 30 minutes at x-ray. Finally asked when it was my turn, there was no one else there. Dr. Gilchrist didn't bother sending through the paperwork. After x-ray, he came back & handed me a prescription for the exact same antibiotic that my "old school" ENT Dr. Prescribed. He is an arrogant, unpleasant man.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013