Ratings for Dr. Houman Abtin

I had a root canal with Dr. Abtin, and I am very happy with the result. Dr Abtin is very knowledgeable. He took time to show me X-rays and informed me of all the steps and expectations. He was very punctual and put me in ease with gentle manners. I did not feel any pain during or after the procedure. He doesn't do anything if its not necessary. His staff were also very helpful. If I have to do another root canal, I will definitely go to Dr. Abtin.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Horrible experience when he did root canal. He made me wait over one hour while he chatted and laughed out loud with friend patient and staff. When he finally saw me he started explaining the procedure even after I told I was very familiar with. He finally started the procedure 1 1/2 hours late. He finish the root canal almost four hours later (I had the last appointment) because he kept on taking calls and leaving me waiting for so long the freezing wore off . He had to apply more freezing twice. When I finally was ready to go, the secretary told me the had to charge me extra because the appointment took longer than anticipated. I refused to pay the extra charge. I found Dr. Abtin to be disrespectful, uncaring and more concerned about making more money than the well being oh his patience. His chair side manner is deplorable. He is arrogant, self centred, unprofessional. If you want your dentist to incessantly talk on the phone while you are in pain, Abtin is the man you want.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Dr. Abtin and his team are the very best. From the moment I met him I was terrified and he put me at ease. He is very professional and kind and his staff are the same. I would highly recommend Dr. Abtin and thank him for making the experience one that I won't be scared of in the future and I will be going back to him.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

If you need a root canal, this is definitely the place to go. Dr. Abtin is very thorough and skilled. I never needed pain killers. His staff are very accommodating and kind ,very professional.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

Dr. Abtin has done two root canals for me. He is very thorough, explains everything , is obviously very skilled and also very clam and kind. He's also efficient and spends all the time with one patient finishing up before moving on to the next. These were the fastest root canals I've ever had with no need for painkillers and no further complications.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Dr. Abtin was extremely careful to take time to thoroughly explain the detailed reasoning for the extent of work I needed, walking me through very clear x-rays, as well as guiding me through samples of successful treatments (before and after) of the same nature. He is incredibly knowledgeable, patient, kind, and genuinely expressed care, concern, and consideration. His front desk staff and dental assistant are also really thoughtful, kind, and knowledgeable. I strongly urge anyone in need a root canal to go straight to a root-canal specialist like Dr. Abtin from the start, as not all general dentists are able to finish root canals they begin (which was the case I encountered). There is no extra cost to go to a specialist, and, in fact, in the long-run it would've been more cost-effective and less-painful for me to have consulted Dr. Abtin from the beginning. I strongly recommend Dr. Abtin to anyone in need of a root canal. Please do yourself the favor of getting the proper treatment!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I did not have a root canal done by him.In my short experience with him i found him to be very caring. My tooth had become sensitive to cold and he recommended that i should change my filling and that i did not need a root canal which actually did work. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I was referred to him by my family dentist because I was told that I had an extra root. He has very good bed side manner and he made me feel at ease. He seems like a good person and listened to my concerns. My tooth feels much better now.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

I had a root canal done on an upper left molar with Dr. Abtin to treat an abscessed tooth. The procedure lasted about 1.5 hours, but he was very professional and asked me to raise my hand so he could stop if I felt the slightest bit of pain. I never did. Dr. Abtin explained every step of the procedure and never caught me by surprise. He always tells you what you are going to feel (vibration, heat, a poke, etc) before actually doing it. He also takes several x-rays at regular intervals to ensure everything is going to plan. He'll work with you to see how you can get the best coverage. A great doctor and if I ever need another root canal I'm definitely going to get it done with him!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Dr. Houman Abtin's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a root canal with Dr. Abtin, and I am very happy with the result. Dr Abtin is very knowledgeable. He took time to show me X-rays and informed me of all ..."

April 2, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Horrible experience when he did root canal. He made me wait over one hour while he chatted and laughed out loud with friend patient and staff. When he finall..."

February 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Abtin and his team are the very best. From the moment I met him I was terrified and he put me at ease. He is very professional and kind and his staff are th..."

October 5, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.rootcanalspecialists.ca/" to "http://www.rootcanalspecialist.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "V7P1" to "V7V1A6". Address has been updated from "None" to "1571 Bellevue Ave". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16049266323".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you need a root canal, this is definitely the place to go. Dr. Abtin is very thorough and skilled. I never needed pain killers. His staff are very accommoda..."

May 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Abtin has done two root canals for me. He is very thorough, explains everything , is obviously very skilled and also very clam and kind. He's also efficient..."

May 13, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Very bad experience for root canal. It took 3-sessions for on tooth; I had to take more than 30 painkillers and 21 antibiotic pills. "

April 7, 2015