Ratings for Dr. Houman Abtin

The staff was most helpful. I found Dr Abtin knowledgeable but not as patient as he should be, in my opinion, if procedures don't go as planned. I will not see him again.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I was referred to Dr Abtin by my dentist because I had complex root canal work to be done below my molar. He was most professional, thorough and explained everything to me before and during the procedure. He was gentle and had very good chair side manners. I appreciate him saving my tooth. His receptionist is most polite and friendly.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Overnight I developed face swelling and had to go to Lions Gate ER. The next day my dentist referred me to Dr. Abtin. He did a root canal and gum surgery and I had to see him twice for it. I am very thankful to his team. I kept my tooth and my face looks much better.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

It's a huge shock to be told that you'll lose your teeth! He charges you $120 for consultation of doing nothing and tells you book an appointment to do the root canal and you might loose your tooth.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I had a root canal with Dr. Abtin, and I am very happy with the result. Dr Abtin is very knowledgeable. He took time to show me X-rays and informed me of all the steps and expectations. He was very punctual and put me in ease with gentle manners. I did not feel any pain during or after the procedure. He doesn't do anything if its not necessary. His staff were also very helpful. If I have to do another root canal, I will definitely go to Dr. Abtin.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Dr. Abtin and his team are the very best. From the moment I met him I was terrified and he put me at ease. He is very professional and kind and his staff are the same. I would highly recommend Dr. Abtin and thank him for making the experience one that I won't be scared of in the future and I will be going back to him.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

If you need a root canal, this is definitely the place to go. Dr. Abtin is very thorough and skilled. I never needed pain killers. His staff are very accommodating and kind ,very professional.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

Dr. Abtin has done two root canals for me. He is very thorough, explains everything , is obviously very skilled and also very clam and kind. He's also efficient and spends all the time with one patient finishing up before moving on to the next. These were the fastest root canals I've ever had with no need for painkillers and no further complications.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

Very bad experience for root canal. It took 3-sessions for on tooth; I had to take more than 30 painkillers and 21 antibiotic pills.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Dr. Abtin was extremely careful to take time to thoroughly explain the detailed reasoning for the extent of work I needed, walking me through very clear x-rays, as well as guiding me through samples of successful treatments (before and after) of the same nature. He is incredibly knowledgeable, patient, kind, and genuinely expressed care, concern, and consideration. His front desk staff and dental assistant are also really thoughtful, kind, and knowledgeable. I strongly urge anyone in need a root canal to go straight to a root-canal specialist like Dr. Abtin from the start, as not all general dentists are able to finish root canals they begin (which was the case I encountered). There is no extra cost to go to a specialist, and, in fact, in the long-run it would've been more cost-effective and less-painful for me to have consulted Dr. Abtin from the beginning. I strongly recommend Dr. Abtin to anyone in need of a root canal. Please do yourself the favor of getting the proper treatment!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

• Humana Freedom Plus
  • Humana Health Care Plan
  • Humana Medicare
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Secure Horizons