Ratings for Dr. Stephane Treyvaud

Though I was made aware of Dr. Treyvaud (a.k.a. Dr. T) 10 years ago, I did not act on the referral, which I now regret … for doing so would have spared me a decade of suffering and equipped me for what was to come. After a litany of losses, my mother’s death broke me. And so began the journey to exhume my life and change the trajectory of it. In having seamlessly manifested his purpose and passion, Dr. T is intense and at first, intimidating but he is also compassionate, empathetic and brilliant. Psychotherapy, and particularly Dr. T’s integrative approach, is not for the faint of heart. But I have come to regard him as my personal (butt-kicking, truth-telling) Yoda. For the very first time, I feel ‘seen’ and ‘heard’ … and that, is game-changing. Though still a work in progress, with his incisive shepherding, I am in deep shift and most grateful to have been put in his splendid sight line.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I have been a student of mindfulness with Dr. Treyvaud for 10 + years and have also seen him for occasional private therapy sessions. Words fail to convey how my life has been transforming through this work. I have a deeper understanding of my familial dynamics and childhood, and how this has shaped my feelings and behaviour. Though I may not have liked to hear his response to me at times, I never doubted that he told me the truth. Through his skillful guidance, in mindfulness, I continue to experience profound insights which give way to a life rich in gratitude and meaning. I have been a student long enough to see a transformation in Dr. Treyvaud himself. He embodies this work. He walks the walk. I respect and trust Dr. Treyvaud as a psychiatrist and mindfulness teacher and I am forever grateful. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Treyvaud for many years, both in his group therapy and mindfulness training. He is the real deal so to speak. He embodies what he teaches as a compassionate wise teacher and therapist. He has always been professional and available for extra time when I've hit stormy seas on my journey . It has been a gift to be exposed to his skillful threapeutic approach, gently but firmly helping me navigate the complexities of my emotions and behaviour over these many years. He had helped me transform my life on so many levels . I highly recommend him as a psychiatrist and mindfulness teacher .

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Belittling. Thinks he is a modern-day Buddha, but lacks to compassion to effectively treat his patients. A fake...a charlatan. Seems too interested in making money.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

wow - that march 15 2014 submission was a deja vue for me .. that's kinda exactly what happened to me !

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

I had the worst experience ever. The right hand does not know what the left hand does. I had a phone call from his secretary confirming my appointment and she gave me the wrong address so I waste my precious time. I phoned many times to the office and nobody picked up the phone so I finally arrived to lakeshore and as soon I met this doctor he asked me to take my shoes off and then he told me I was not in his system. The secretary told him she phoned me weeks ago and i never returned the phone call. Anyway short story i told DrvTreyvaud that all this situation eas very unprofessional and since I was not in his sistem to completle forget me and I left. While he was still at the phone talking with his secretary he comment well she is angry so she is leaving. I even bother to ask him if is not a natural thing to be mad after so much time waste but instead I left. I got something good out of this situations sometime doctors need more help than the patience. Anyway it is a beautiful day out not to be waste.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I completely agree with the recent comment posted. A very disappointing experience.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I wernt into this appointment very excited; I thought about it all week. When I got there I was greeted coldly by Dr. Treyvaud, and told to leave my shoes outside. When he ushered me into his office and asked me to sit down, I could tell this wasn't going to be fun. It's not that he was mean, it's that he has terrible bedside manner, and an approach to medicine that betrays his ongoing 'philosophical' journey for mindfullness and all things 'chic-buddhism'. He kept asking me why I was there. But not in a kind, paternal sort of way, but in an emotionless, 'don't waste my time' sort of way. I honestly didn't expect that. He never prompted me, or offered insight - it was a skill-less execution. At the end of the appointment, he frankly informed me he had no room for any more patients... why did he let me come then? He didn't offer any insight. Talking with him was like talking with a dull, uneducated lay person. Lets not get into '300' to have him talk on the phone, or 30 for a fax...

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014