Ratings for Dr. Sharmeen Shaikh

I had to see her to get a few suspicious moles removed, she was a butcher! She had no compassion what so ever. I saw her twice, and on both occasions she told me rapidity how bad they looked. She has horrible bedside manner. I left her office basically convinced that I had skin cancer. I then developed a horrible infection in both removal sites, after she told me that there was a 0.00001% chance of getting an infection. I had to go to a walk-in clinic to get antibiotics, because there was no way I was going back to see her! She also told me she would call me with my results, good or bad, I never received a call. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I received a call from Dr. Shaikh's office asking that we part ways. I am dumbfounded. The receptionist indicated that Dr. Shaikh felt we were rude to her, when the exact opposite is true! She has consistently been 35-45 minutes late for our appointments...I work in health care & understand this happens sometimes, so we agreed to switch days to be seen on a less busy one. Then when I simply asked a question regarding how my son's treated areas for warts could be bandaged better to yield better results, she became extremely defensive, raised her voice & made several unprofessional comments. She clearly doesn't like when you share a difference of opinion. I thought she made have just been having a bad day, but after reading so many negative reviews of her, I see that I'm not alone in being ok with us parting ways! I would definitely not recommend this physician due to the unprofessionalism.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

I agree with the previous poster, she is not at all interested in her family practice and just wants to get money from all those skin stuff. confidentiality is not maintained at all. would not go to her anymore...worst experience

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

I'm not sure Dr. Shaikh is committed to being a GP - I feel as if she leans more towards the skin care end of her practice because it pays better.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Terrible Doctor! Doesnt care about patients at all and is never on time. She is nice but there is not connection. Ive come to her several times and she just gives me her canned answers or pushes her laser treatment or hair products and services. He prescribed the wrong medication and called me 3 days later realizing it after. I also went in for a scan for some torn tissue and she came back to me telling me that I had no sign of fractures, Well DUH! im walking and I didn't ask if it was. I didnt come in for a broken bone.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Dr. Sharmeen Shaikh's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Top Hospitals in Sherwood Park, AB