Ratings for Dr. Esmail Arfai

It is most likely the only one good comment left in this site is done with a purpose of advertising for this doctor and by someone related to him. Because me experience proves he is totally different creature. He is inconsiderate, very irrelevant, keeps misunderstanding you, keeps talking and taking the sessions time, and all his talk is worthless and misunderstanding. I am suffering from anxiety and depression and low confidence, very sensitive and get very down when criticized or threaded badly. Knowing all that, in the last session I had with him, without any understandable reason, he yield at me and asked me to leave his office. And as I was wondering why and what happened, was asking him, why? what happened? What did I say?.... and this maniac instead of explaining to me what was the reason of inhuman behavior to a vulnerable person, replied "go, or I call someone to come and take you out". At that moment, like a father rejecting his son furiously, with anger, refuse of empathy and understanding, rude and cruel. It was a feeling like I have done a huge unforgivable crime, and he is intro gating me in a very cruel manner. At the end I told him at least tell me, what should I say to my family physician who referred me to him. Which he replied he will send a mail to her, without still at this point tells me what was the reason of his utmost inhuman, uncharacteristic, unprofessional behavior. And while after a week still I am in awe and hurt by it, I know he had know right in any form or shape or for any reason to treat me as he did. And I am sure he would scare to his teeth if I was a Canadian born person, that sue them till taking a license away. But there some poor culture that we share, that makes them do that to their own kind. I think I owe it to myself and other recent or future possible patient of him, to act and submit a complain to the College of Doctors and Surgeons of Ontario. One last thing to be fair, I have not known this doctor in the past, maybe he used to be a better doctor/person (which I highly doubted, other than he managed to hide his true character), but what I see today of him, is not a right person for this profession. Truthfully he needs assessment himself, because the behavior that I saw from him, has signs of ailment and psychological problem which needs serious treatment. Maybe he is too old and impatient for this jib, and longer suites for the this kind of job!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

I.m an ADD. I have general depression and anxiety. I interrupt and I'm aggressive and I'm always alert to catch ppl ripping me off.But when he starts talking, the whole world is peaceful, he is so enlightening and cute like a grand pa...This man has shown me a different world. he is calm, patient, and very peaceful. by just reading over a report for a few seconds, he can define the side stories as exactly are yours, like he knows you and he knows whats happening to you and he knows how it feels like to be in that situation I find him absolutely reliable and knowledgeable, I guess with 50 years of practice he should be,, prescriptions he has provided me has made me a better person, for real and I owe it to him, he is the best Dr I have ever been to in my life. as simple as that.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015