Ratings for Dr. Gwenedd Pickett

I had two compression surgeries by Dr. Pickett. She was wonderful explaining the procedure. They didn't work for me so has explained other options which we're slowly pursing. She is very busy but has a kind reception who answers most calls. I would rate her very high as she's very knowledgable and highly respected.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Didn’t even bother to see me after the surgery. Resident that saw me was clueless, rude, and lacked compassion.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Just had surgery yesterday done by Dr. Pickett. I love this woman! She is super compassionate, super knowledgeable and straight forward and most of all her bedside manner is one of the best.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

I was diagnosed in 2015 with a brain tumour. July of 2017 Dr Pickett and team removed it . It was benign . Her attention to myself and husband over the past 2 years was exceptional. She is understanding, professional , compassionate and best of all never rushed us out or made of feel as though we were a bother.. my family can’t thank her enough. She’s a 10 out of10 for us.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Excellent, superior, calm, steady, fantastic surgeon....... I can't say enough good things about Dr. Pickett. It was a weekend, surgery Friday and even though I didn't get to see her I spoke to her Chief Resident, Dr. Dakson who had tons of personality and was very professional.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

She helps me out, no matter where I go....she is excellent....surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr. Pickett saved my fiance's life. My fiance was airlifted to Halifax due to a bleeding tumor on her brain. After other neurosurgeons at another hospital said nothing could be done Dr. Pickett took her in and saved my 2 young daughters mommy. Dr. Pickett is my hero.............

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr. Pickett saved my life last year. I had raptured brain aneurysm and she performed a surgery to fix it. She provided timely information to my family while I was at ICU. I've seen her twice for a follow up, and she answered all my questions, allowed sufficient time for conversation, she helped me deal with a different situation etc. She is kind, knowledgeable, caring, simply amazing person / specialist. Her staff is great as well, responsive to my needs and punctual. I can only Thank her very much!!!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Very helpful before my operation. After my operation saw her once in ICUs. During my 10day stay in hospital never saw her once. My operation was a failure so u would think I would see her but NOPE! my husband begged the nurses to speak to her to ask why I can't walk and speak but nope she wouldn't come and speak to us. Saw her for a for a follow up and she knew my operation was a failure ,she was nice to saw *im sorry* but never heard from her again. It's been over a yr now. Here it am sitting dealing with chronic pain with no help like I was swept under a rug. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

From the moment I met Dr. Pickett til my last checkup more than two years after my surgery she was patient, compassionate, and intelligent. She did a wonderful job, surgically, according to every other medical person who has seen my films or my head, and all the way through she took the time to answer every question I had and several I hadn't thought up yet and was supportive and clear with my parents while they went through some of the worst weeks of their lives. Years later when I called her office due to migraines she took the time to answer my questions and make recommendations though it wasn't her responsibility and no one would have held it against her had she just been too busy to bother. She can explain everything in medical jargon and translated to plain English. She was wonderful, start to finish. I would definitely recommend her to anyone needing brain surgery or a neuro consult.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013