Ratings for Dr. Phoebe Y. Chen

Dr. Chen is my kind of doctor; she tells it like it is. Rather than prescribe medication on top of medication, she tells me what I need to do to remedy the situation . . . like lose weight! I've seen too many MDs who just prescribe pills rather than do the job that they were trained to do. I also like that there isn't a huge, long waiting line in her office. The wait time isn't bad and I feel like she really pays attention to my situation. Her staff is very friendly as well.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr Chen and her staff are beyond rude. Anytime you go there with a problem (ear ache, stomach ache, etc etc) Dr Chen's first reaction is "go get blood work". which seems like a pretty lazy way to do your job. When you dont do as the doctor ordered (blood work) the staff, and Dr Chen make you feel pretty bad. My wife called me yesterday sobbing after a visit to Dr Chen's office, explaining that the Dr called her overweight, confronted her for going to her OBGYN to do her paps, and her dermatologist to check out a few moles. Chen then proceeded to berate her for even coming in for a simple ear ache. All the while my 2 daughters (5 months, and 2.5 years) are in the room. A stressed out mommy with her little ones around her does not need this kind of Dr. I plan on writing letters to Dr. Chen, and her staff, as well as the BBB, and any site that reviews physicians.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Dr. Phoebe Y. Chen's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Urgent Care Centers in San Luis Obispo, CA