Ratings for Dr. Jamie Bhamra

Did the catarct surgery on both of my eyes. I have a huge problem with anyone touching around my face and especially around my eyes. The whole procedure x 2 was calm and relaxed. He knew what I needed to stay calm but giving me just enough information but not too much. Dr. B is caring, gentle and soothing. Both surgeries were quick and painless. For first meeting to post.... top notch cataract surgeon at the top of his game. Sending everyone I know to him.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Pretty Bad Experience with Dr Bhamra & staff. Doctor seems to be on Run and don’t have time to answers medical queries. Case was urgent thus had to constantly follow ups onto my referral letter. Doctor worked on different location. When contact location they said he only come twice week do contact main location. When contact main location they mentioned don’t have access to my file. after regular follow ups it took him 30 days to send the referral. They mentioned staff who draft note is on holiday and later they lost note, all created 1 month delay to my next referral. No replies to voice message left. Staff inform that doctor will call up me But he never called up till day even after reminders. Pathetic to see professionalism service from Doctor

Submitted June 26, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Bhamra for 5 years for several different eye problems and have always found him to be kind, helpful, and extremely competent. He recently performed cataract surgery on me and I was very satisfied with both the process and the results.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Answered all my questions great work. Pleasant. Bit of a wait at times

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I have been helped by Dr. Bhamra for over 3 years and I just love him. He has a very warm, patient and gentle bed side manner. I am amazed at how eager and happy his patients are to see him and the great things they share about him. My daughter is autistic with other medical problems. Dr. Bhamra was amazingly compassionate with her before, during and after her surgeries. She is so comfortable and confident with him which is difficult for her. I highly recommend this Ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

This Doctor, though he may be experienced, displayed some genuine disconcern for my situation. I've indured cancelled appointments where it was months before I could see him again (two occurrences) , staff that appeared unhappy and of poor attitude, as well as Doctor Bhamra who at times spent no more than 2-3 minutes actually with me and usually not listening to me during the short visit. I know of no staff that still works there from my original visit. I often left this office with more questions than answers. At times I felt abused by his lack of concern of my anxiety. I've lost most of reasonable "real life" use of one eye. Generally I have felt like I was treated like some idiot when I tried to ask or question him about my situation. Of all the health care professionals I've seen I have never been subject to such a condescending attitude from his office staff and him. Speaking to other professionals I've been told to contact AHS with a complaint of his comments but I won't go down that road. I hope your experience is better if you are referred to him and/or become his patient. Hopefully he learns we (his patients) are more than just another coin in his bucket. I'm sure if he experienced a situation like I have with someone as a "healthcare professional" his caring and comments would change.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

12 years dry eye pain. I was depressed. Saw Dr. JB and he educated me on why I have dry eye. Utilized previous therapies, punctal plugs and drops and massage and ways to blink effectively in an innovative and unique way. I no longer think of my eyes all the time! Wish I was referred or that I found Dr Bhamra earlier. So thankful. Happé to tell all to go see him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Bhamra is an excellent physician but the clinic suffers from some impolite and at times disrespectful staff. This most unfortunate considering many patients are elderly and therefore already vulnerable. While perhaps overstated, one patient I overheard in the waiting room thought patients were treated "like cattle." Compassionate care to patients is often returned to the staff - hope there will be a change in supportive care.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

As a high ranking police officer I deal with many professionals. Jamie is top notch. Admirably smart, surgically skilled and caring is how I describe him. Both surgeries went perfectly as he said they likely would. In my line of work being out of glasses all the time is a gift. Thanks to Jamie and his staff. Thanks also to my polic colleague who had recently also had surgery with Dr. Bhamra and raved about him. It is all true...

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Wowed by eye sight after cataract surgery with Dr JB first with my right and now with my left. Thank u.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Dr. Jamie Bhamra's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

MSP/BC Med