Dr. Jamie Bhamra

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jamie Bhamra

I'm sure Dr. Bhamra is a great surgeon, and my impression is that he is very knowledgeable and good at what he does. Unfortunately, I just didn't find his patient approach/style to be a fit for me. My biggest complaint, really, is with the structure of his practice at Vector Eye Centre. I can see the value in streamlined operations, especially with such long wait lists. But I felt like a head of cattle being corralled through an assembly line of very young, very impersonal technicians every time I was there. Waits are extremely long - an hour to two hours each time I visited - and you are lucky to get 5 minutes with the doctor. They do a poor job at intake, in my opinion, and don't take any time to explain their processes or what to expect. My questions were met with frustration, and an attitude of "why don't you already know this?" If and when things were explained at all, it was fast and difficult to absorb. I get that these people are busy, but I consistently felt like I was being rushed out the door. Why am I giving up two hours of my time to be treated like an inconvenience? No thanks. It just wasn't a fit for me, from the very first appointment. I was visibly frustrated, and instead of trying to explain things to me or set my mind at ease, they were frustrated with me being frustrated.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Amazing specialist! He has put me at ease regarding my treatment, he takes his time and explains his care and recommendations. He is very professional and is an astute listener.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2018

Happy Dr. Bhamra moved to this NW location at Vector Eye Centre. I went by LRT. Recommend Dr. Bhamra. Great eye physician. Removed and treated cancers from the surface of my eye and save my eye and maybe my life. Happy New Year Dr. Bhamra... so many thank you's as I move into 2018.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

I was sent to Dr Bhamra for early cataracts. After new lenses in both eyes, I CAN SEE!!!! Now I realize that I couldn’t really see for a long time. Thank you so much, Dr Bhamra and staff. I have a new life. The office always had a large number of patients waiting; like all medical offices appointment time is approximate as the doctors need to deal with emergencies and unforeseen issues with other patients first. When I needed quick help, I got it. I felt comfortable and confident in surgery. Things were explained clearly. Overall it was a 5/5 experience.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Worst run office I have ever experienced, ALWAY late for appointments scheduled - minimum of 45 minutes before you are called - then need to go the gauntlet before actually see Doctor.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Not a good experience. Poor bedside manners, rude, condescending.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Great new clinic with free parking. Same great doctor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

It’s a good thing I only have to get a recheck once a year because I dread the ineptness of his staff. Heard patients with later appointments get in before me -nice job.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Bhamra's and his staff were incredibly pleasant and organized. My experience was much better than I have experienced with other specialists.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

I just found this website so I am a little late at rating my cataract surgery with Dr. Bhamra. What a great experience!! I was fast tracked after my first initial appointment and only had a 2 month wait. Dr. Bhamra explained everything clear and concise with his eyeball plastic model lol. The right eye ended being 20/15 and six weeks later my left eye was done and is 20/20. He is a very kind and funny eye surgeon. So reassuring telling me.."I did great". Easy going albeit a little rushed at times. Only negative is the wait sometimes which can be long and boring sitting in the last room for him.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Jamie Bhamra's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients