Ratings for Dr. Jamie Bhamra

This Doctor, though he may be experienced, displayed some genuine disconcern for my situation. I've indured cancelled appointments where it was months before I could see him again (two occurrences) , staff that appeared unhappy and of poor attitude, as well as Doctor Bhamra who at times spent no more than 2-3 minutes actually with me and usually not listening to me during the short visit. I know of no staff that still works there from my original visit. I often left this office with more questions than answers. At times I felt abused by his lack of concern of my anxiety. I've lost most of reasonable "real life" use of one eye. Generally I have felt like I was treated like some idiot when I tried to ask or question him about my situation. Of all the health care professionals I've seen I have never been subject to such a condescending attitude from his office staff and him. Speaking to other professionals I've been told to contact AHS with a complaint of his comments but I won't go down that road. I hope your experience is better if you are referred to him and/or become his patient. Hopefully he learns we (his patients) are more than just another coin in his bucket. I'm sure if he experienced a situation like I have with someone as a "healthcare professional" his caring and comments would change.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

12 years dry eye pain. I was depressed. Saw Dr. JB and he educated me on why I have dry eye. Utilized previous therapies, punctal plugs and drops and massage and ways to blink effectively in an innovative and unique way. I no longer think of my eyes all the time! Wish I was referred or that I found Dr Bhamra earlier. So thankful. Happé to tell all to go see him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Dr. Bhamra is an excellent physician but the clinic suffers from some impolite and at times disrespectful staff. This most unfortunate considering many patients are elderly and therefore already vulnerable. While perhaps overstated, one patient I overheard in the waiting room thought patients were treated "like cattle." Compassionate care to patients is often returned to the staff - hope there will be a change in supportive care.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

As a high ranking police officer I deal with many professionals. Jamie is top notch. Admirably smart, surgically skilled and caring is how I describe him. Both surgeries went perfectly as he said they likely would. In my line of work being out of glasses all the time is a gift. Thanks to Jamie and his staff. Thanks also to my polic colleague who had recently also had surgery with Dr. Bhamra and raved about him. It is all true...

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Wowed by eye sight after cataract surgery with Dr JB first with my right and now with my left. Thank u.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

Excellent physician and surgeon. Pleasant, caring, professional, highly skilled. Never met a physician like this guy. Perfected my cataract surgery and I have vision like I was when I was 15!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

I am very happy with Dr. Jamie . Very busy but easy to see why. Very good and most affable Ophthalmlogist. Speaks fast but explains and gain your trust and inspires me that my chronic dry can improve. It is getting better.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Completed second eye's cataract surgery. Used Symfony intraocular lens. Have had the most wonderful care and excellent results. He looks after my husband, my daughter and my Mom as well! We all feel fortunate to have him as our eye specialist and such a nice honest man attending to all of us.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

diagnosed me with glaucoma...treated for two years...put me on powerful eye drop meds which made my eyes very red and sore...said it was because of dry eyes and gave me lessons in blinking properly...redness/irritation persisted..I tried to question this treatment further...again told I had dry eyes and because i was getting older. He did not listen to me. I got another referral for ophthalmologist after 6 months wait to see....took me off all drops...thinks I don't even have glaucoma. Dr Bahmra did not listen at all to my concerns and rushed through each appointment.

Submitted February 28, 2016

New, intuitive approach to my dry eye problem. I agree he is a smart, charismatic guy, but his knowledge is applaudable. He should be marketed as the dry eye specialist in Calgary because all my other "so called and self named dry eye specialists" (6 optometrists and 1 ophthalmologist) did not help me and give a me a plan, or educate me on what and why things were happening. They were also trying to sell stuff. Dr Bhamra.... Much thanks. I will market your knowledge and skills to all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016