Ratings for Dr. John Yeung-Lai-Wah

After seven years with A-Fib Dr. Yeung saved my life. Took three tries, at Ablation, but fixed it and no pacemaker. This may change but the two years I have had without symptoms have been great. His receptionist is not the best people person but she has a good heart.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Dr. Yeung is a very knowledgeable and patient doctor. However, his assistant/receptionist is the worst, uncaring human being I have ever encountered in my life. Not only is she rude, she is disrespectful and very clearly doesn't care about any of her patients. She called me to schedule an appointment that was suppose to happen 6 weeks ago. I was told by Dr. Yeung himself to book an appointment for one week after my operation. It has now been 6 weeks, the receptionist JUST returned my call and is only offering an appointment that is 2 months away. When I asked her to please check with Doctor Yeung regarding when he needed to see me and if it wasn't urgent, I would take the November appointment, she proceeded to tell me that she will not hold the appointment for me (even though she called me for the appointment) and will call me back with a date MAYBE if January if Dr. Yeung doesn't think it's urgent. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?! How is the possible that someone so smart can be paired up with someone SO incompetent? If I could pick another cardiologist office I would.. ONLY because dealing with her is THAT dreadful.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Yeung himself is knowledgeable, and helpful. I see him for pacemaker checkups every year, and I'm happy when he comes into the room because he clearly knows what's going on with my heart and my pacemaker, even when the St. Jude techs are sometimes surprised or bothered by my device records. However, Dr. Yeung has the worst receptionist I have ever dealt with. She refuses to schedule appointments in advance (instead asking that I call in some months before), yet when I call in at the time she tells me, I'm unable to be scheduled in anytime soon so my appointments are pushed later every year. One time I called in because I couldn't remember when my last appointment was or when I was supposed to go in, and I was having symptoms, and she told me they'd seen me 4 months ago and my battery was fine (I'd been told I had over a year left at my last appointment). So I waited, only to get more symptoms, and went in to discover my battery had died completely. It turns out the receptionist had looked up the wrong patient information (which is especially odd because I had spelled out my full name for her), and given me the wrong information about when I needed to come in. At my most recent appointment (and as a result of the mix-up the time before) I requested that their office follow up with me for my next annual checkup (like every single other doctor's office I deal with, including my other cardiologists), and met with resistance. Apparently it's too much work to phone me in 3 months, but they also can't schedule my next appointment in advance because their calendar only goes to the end of the year (this was in September). I think Dr. Yeung is very caring and loyal - it's the impression I get from him - so perhaps this is why his receptionist still has a job. And I guess it's good for her, because she wouldn't last long anywhere else.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

From day 1, fifteen years ago, Dr. Yeung was a Godsend. He gave my husband another 15 years and was always there for us. Also found his receptionist to be of great assistance at all times.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Yeung is not just a great Doctor he has a wonderful personality, the only problem he has is the Lady by the front Desk (Burrard Street), she is the rudest Person I have ever met, she spoke to me in Cantonese soon as I came through the Door (I'm not Asian). And she does not listen to whatever you say. Please Doctor let her go, get someone that has a personality like you and if it should be your Wife then get a divorce, you deserve better.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Dr. Yeung Lai Wah was the best doctor I've dealt with in years, not just in Cardiology but any field I've had any experience with. He's great to talk to, listens to your concerns, and treats you like a real person. He takes an interest in your life outside of your immediate health concerns, and I think that probably helps him in his diagnostics as well, since lifestyle has so much of an impact on your heart health. In addition, he was also very helpful in getting treatment for my atrial fibrillation, and was great through the followup appointments after my ablation. Even his secretary is highly knowledgeable and helpful. Her English is very good in spite of her accent, and communication is not a problem.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Yeung is one of the better Doctors, he had me in for an ablation in no time, he is very thorough listens to you and then explains the whole procedure, after the ablation was done he gave me a full report of what was done and how successful it was. He is not just a great Doctor he is a great person to, not a snob like some Doctors in ENT department. I would recommend him to my best Friends. Keep up the good work Doctor and thanks for the great Job you have done on me.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

You make an appt months in advance and when you arrive, your appt is anywhere from 1-2 hours later. I go with my dad to his appts (mainly because he is hard of hearing) and have never met a more rude, condescending and less caring receptionist. My dads defibrillator was going off non stop (you could actually see it in his chest and see him move) and dad called in - she gave him an appt 4 days later and said expect a wait, we're fitting you in -like it was a total inconvenience to her that my dad was having an emergency! Next time I will just take him to the hospital. As for Dr. Yeung, he doesn't say very much but seems very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013