Ratings for Dr. Dory Boyer

D. Boyer screwed my son's tibia back together and was out of a cast in a month and skating in 5 weeks. Polite, factual and to the point. Extremely satisfied.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I found Dr. Boyer to be straight forward, upfront, and honest. Had a great ACL reconstruction with a minor post-op complication (not his fault) day after surgery, he told me to come to the hospital as soon as he found out and took care of me asap. Even texted me that night to make sure that I was doing well. Would definitely recommend Dr Boyer and I am glad that he took care of my knee. If you need hugs and kisses, see your mom...for a realistic conversation about prognosis and great surgical skill, see Dr Boyer.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I saw Dr. Boyer for a broken knee. I also had a pulled ACL. My first take on him was that he's an overrated bag of wind with a bigge rego than ever. Nicole is, without doubt as arrogant as he was. Boyer is fine with "Yuppies" and "Athletes" but to him, the common working man is a nothing, in his books and he treats you like it too. I wouldn't let him operate on me. I was assured later, by others, that I did the right thing. Where in Vancouver do you find a good ortho?

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Like many of the reviews state below, if you are looking for a counsellor or therapist, don't look at your surgeon to provide this. Dr. Boyer is direct, straight-forward and efficient - and manages to do this with personality and humour. In addition to relatively quick surgery dates and other medical appointments (mri/xray, etc), Boyer and his assistant Nicole provide excellent rehab referrals and follow-up care. Many surgeons are just now beginning to incorporate a mindset of joint-preservation in their practice, buy Boyer's been doing this for years. He is ahead of the trends - further evidence that he is committed to knowing the best and most cutting-edge research around his procedures. There is a reason our Olympic team brings him along with them... trust the process!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I had an ankle arthroscopy done last June, and he did an amazing job. Yes, he is very direct and doesn't tend to spend much time with you during the appointment (he likes his 5 minute jobs), but he offers the chance to ask any questions you may have. He is very knowledgeable and skilled in what he does, and have to say my ankle is doing great almost a year later. Have to credit his MOA Nicole because she is friendly and helpful. For instance, I needed an MRI done relatively quickly, and the waiting times were over a year. Nicole worked her magic and got me in about a week later in Vancouver! Would definitely recommend him as an orthopaedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

If I had to choose between a skilled surgeon who was direct and communicated the facts on how my body appears to be healing in an unemotional way, vs someone who cared about how I emotionally felt about my injury and was afraid to push my recovery too hard to avoid hurting my feelings... I would take the direct person. Boyer cares about the quality his work and cares about the results...it doesn't matter if he cares more about his reputation than your feelings, because his reputation is based on great work/results and that should be inline with what you want from a major surgery. If you get to know him he is actually pretty funny and a great guy. He just might not give you a hug. Feel confident if he is your surgron

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I was fortunate to have Dr Boyer as my surgeon for my ACL!I got along very well with Dr Boyer because he is concise, professional and amiable. He would answer any questions I had (of course in a natural rapid-fire manner) I felt he was always diligent with tracking my progress by scheduling regular check-ins. He takes pride in his work and stays on top of his game. For my surgery, he did a patella tendon and ALL procedure where surgeons just started using the ALL for ACL repair surgeries a year ago when I got mine done. This says to me that he's continuously looking to find ways to give patients better outcomes and know that not all surgeons have this trait and will stick to the same old thing. He takes pride in his work (perhaps with a little cockiness). Finally, what I think may throw people off is that Dr Boyer has a very to-the-point, take it or leave it kind of attitude. To be fair, it's the only way he can do his job effectively. He will give his professional opinion on a given issue and it's up to YOU what you want to do with it. If you don't like it and it's not working, then move on.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I found Dr Boyer and staff were both friendly and efficient. Dr Boyer is knowledgeable and upfront. Some people might get upset over his directness but I find it easier to deal with. I have every faith that my surgery will go well and post op follow will be smooth. I will update if it does not go as expected.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Pretty immature guy. Acts like a spoiled kid if you dont allow him to manipulate a swollen and painful injury enough. Bedside manner is pretty bad. Went there with a tennis ball sized cyst in my knee joint. Told me to go to physio even though I said I had and that It hasnt gone away in over 12 months. Almost on crutches at this point. Went back to my family Dr and had him drain it. Instant relief. Have seen Boyer for the last 10 years. Will never go back. Guy has no compassion for people in pain what so ever. Top it off with his spolied brat personality and there are much better options around Vancouver.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Patient's update
One thing I dont want to take away from Dr. Boyer is that he is indeed a skilled surgeon. Probably one of the best. Its his after care and bedside manor that I had a problem with.

Submitted April 1, 2016

I saw Dr. Boyer for a broken wrist and w was thoroughly impressed with Dr. Boyer and his team. Not only helpful and informative but very friendly, accessible and a great sense of humour -- which I think is a wonderful characteristic. I also got a great referral to a physio from Dr. Boyer and am progressing well. Thanks for making what could be a miserable experience so entertaining!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Dr. Dory Boyer's Credentials

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 2005)

Workers Comp