You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dory Boyer

I had an ankle arthroscopy done last June, and he did an amazing job. Yes, he is very direct and doesn't tend to spend much time with you during the appointment (he likes his 5 minute jobs), but he offers the chance to ask any questions you may have. He is very knowledgeable and skilled in what he does, and have to say my ankle is doing great almost a year later. Have to credit his MOA Nicole because she is friendly and helpful. For instance, I needed an MRI done relatively quickly, and the waiting times were over a year. Nicole worked her magic and got me in about a week later in Vancouver! Would definitely recommend him as an orthopaedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

If I had to choose between a skilled surgeon who was direct and communicated the facts on how my body appears to be healing in an unemotional way, vs someone who cared about how I emotionally felt about my injury and was afraid to push my recovery too hard to avoid hurting my feelings... I would take the direct person. Boyer cares about the quality his work and cares about the results...it doesn't matter if he cares more about his reputation than your feelings, because his reputation is based on great work/results and that should be inline with what you want from a major surgery. If you get to know him he is actually pretty funny and a great guy. He just might not give you a hug. Feel confident if he is your surgron

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I was fortunate to have Dr Boyer as my surgeon for my ACL!I got along very well with Dr Boyer because he is concise, professional and amiable. He would answer any questions I had (of course in a natural rapid-fire manner) I felt he was always diligent with tracking my progress by scheduling regular check-ins. He takes pride in his work and stays on top of his game. For my surgery, he did a patella tendon and ALL procedure where surgeons just started using the ALL for ACL repair surgeries a year ago when I got mine done. This says to me that he's continuously looking to find ways to give patients better outcomes and know that not all surgeons have this trait and will stick to the same old thing. He takes pride in his work (perhaps with a little cockiness). Finally, what I think may throw people off is that Dr Boyer has a very to-the-point, take it or leave it kind of attitude. To be fair, it's the only way he can do his job effectively. He will give his professional opinion on a given issue and it's up to YOU what you want to do with it. If you don't like it and it's not working, then move on.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I found Dr Boyer and staff were both friendly and efficient. Dr Boyer is knowledgeable and upfront. Some people might get upset over his directness but I find it easier to deal with. I have every faith that my surgery will go well and post op follow will be smooth. I will update if it does not go as expected.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Pretty immature guy. Acts like a spoiled kid if you dont allow him to manipulate a swollen and painful injury enough. Bedside manner is pretty bad. Went there with a tennis ball sized cyst in my knee joint. Told me to go to physio even though I said I had and that It hasnt gone away in over 12 months. Almost on crutches at this point. Went back to my family Dr and had him drain it. Instant relief. Have seen Boyer for the last 10 years. Will never go back. Guy has no compassion for people in pain what so ever. Top it off with his spolied brat personality and there are much better options around Vancouver.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Patient's update
One thing I dont want to take away from Dr. Boyer is that he is indeed a skilled surgeon. Probably one of the best. Its his after care and bedside manor that I had a problem with.

Submitted April 1, 2016

I saw Dr. Boyer for a broken wrist and w was thoroughly impressed with Dr. Boyer and his team. Not only helpful and informative but very friendly, accessible and a great sense of humour -- which I think is a wonderful characteristic. I also got a great referral to a physio from Dr. Boyer and am progressing well. Thanks for making what could be a miserable experience so entertaining!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Dr.Boyer is absolutely horrible! He is offending, then nice, then horrible to you. Made me cry when upset over his own actions. Please stay away. If you care about your health and having a surgeon who cares this is definitely not the right orthopedic surgeon for you

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr.Boyer is GOLD.I broke my ankle in three places requiring surgery with pins and screws.He also had to fix the angle of the foot.Results were perfect.He later told me because of the osteoporosis component they weren't sure if it would take!Grateful he did not share this with me as to cause excessive worry & impede the healing process.A different surgeon may not have had the same positive outcome.Great mix of caring,banter & brilliance.I was told he was the best and am living testament to that.You can be confident in Dr.Boyers hands.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

I had an unusual break that the ER suggested would surely need surgery. Dr. Boyer diagnosed it quickly and accurately and said with good care surgery would not be needed. He and his staff have been excellent - prompt, professional, smart and pleasant. His assistant Nicole always got back to me quickly and did everything on time and as requested. Since he is very good he is in demand but never makes you feel that way. Someone told me today in the waiting room that he is the best and I have to agree!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

I have no words to explain how grateful I am for Dr. Boyer... Dr. Boyer performed ORIF surgery on my ankle 10 weeks ago. In addition to the fact that his skills as a surgeon was exceptional, his friendly and positive attitude have played a big role in making my healing process a success... Dr. Boyer is excellent, caring, very knowledgeable, and always to the point... I'm so pleased to have been referred to him, and I'm already delighted with the results of my ankle... Thank you for being you... And for making me stand back tall Sincerely, Rawan Paulus

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Dr. Dory Boyer's Credentials

• University of British Columbia (Grad. 2005)

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had an ankle arthroscopy done last June, and he did an amazing job. Yes, he is very direct and doesn't tend to spend much time with you during the appointment..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If I had to choose between a skilled surgeon who was direct and communicated the facts on how my body appears to be healing in an unemotional way, vs someone wh..."

May 10, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I was fortunate to have Dr Boyer as my surgeon for my ACL!I got along very well with Dr Boyer because he is concise, professional and amiable. He would answer a..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr Boyer and staff were both friendly and efficient. Dr Boyer is knowledgeable and upfront. Some people might get upset over his directness but I find..."

April 13, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Pretty immature guy. Acts like a spoiled kid if you dont allow him to manipulate a swollen and painful injury enough. Bedside manner is pretty bad. Went there w..."

April 1, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Boyer for a broken wrist and w was thoroughly impressed with Dr. Boyer and his team. Not only helpful and informative but very friendly, accessible an..."

March 5, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Boyer is absolutely horrible! He is offending, then nice, then horrible to you. Made me cry when upset over his own actions. Please stay away. If you care ab..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Boyer is GOLD.I broke my ankle in three places requiring surgery with pins and screws.He also had to fix the angle of the foot.Results were perfect.He later ..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an unusual break that the ER suggested would surely need surgery. Dr. Boyer diagnosed it quickly and accurately and said with good care surgery would not ..."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have no words to explain how grateful I am for Dr. Boyer... Dr. Boyer performed ORIF surgery on my ankle 10 weeks ago. In addition to the fact that his skil..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dory Boyer is brilliant, friendly attitude, gives direct answers for all your concerns... He's a miracle... Wish the world has many doctors like him... A ..."

September 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Boyer was the 3rd physician that I saw in regards to my knee. He took the the time ti answer my questions and explained that all reasons for and against havi..."

September 9, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V3L0" to "V3L 0E4". Address has been updated from "None" to "233 Nelson's Court". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16045231110".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Boyer has seen my daughter through two surgeries. He is awesome. Personable, easy going, brilliant. We highly recommend him. His receptionist Sara is helpf..."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "can be moody, appt very brief, had injections of efflexor in my knee had allergic reaction, when I told him about this he said it was impossible, told him had ..."

January 17, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Was a complete waste of time. I was referred for help regarding my knee. The emergency room felt I have a torn meniscus. Dr. Boyer felts I should get anti-i..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "The front end girl (Sara) is really caring. I watched her sooth someone crying and was impressed with how sweet she was. Dr. Boyer is really friendly but his ap..."

November 8, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Hurray for the new receptionist Sara. She's sweet and kind"

November 5, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Boyer recommended EFFLexor for a recurrent MCL injury and medium case of advancing osteoarthritis in my knee. Superb. The strategy was to also involve Fort..."

September 19, 2014