Ratings for Dr. Kaushiki Dwivedee

Read a lot of good reviews and ratings before going for a routine checkup with her. But found her to be lazy and non-informative. First of all, she came in to her clinic super late. Then she did not even conduct a proper routine checkup, just an extremely perfunctory breast examination. And then just asked a bunch of lame questions, and gave very typical advice literally every urban woman would already know. And she's supposed to have studied in the UK and Australia. For a fact an annual gynecological exam involves more than giving hygiene tips. Just because someone hasn't come to you to do some expensive procedure doesn't mean you don't do your due diligence.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I consulted Dr Kaushiki a couple of years ago and it was a dreadful experience. I really felt judged because our backgrounds were different. I could tell she thought I was a certain type of person before she even knew me. I felt like she was looking for ways to be critical of me and though I went back to see her again I found her insecurity (need to compare herself to me) very disturbing. I also found the way she gossiped nastily about her colleagues and her patients on her blog really bizarre. It told me that she had a real lack of good judgement sometimes. When my friend told me she overheard Dr Kaushiki talking badly outside of the hospital about one of her patients that was the final straw for me. I never went back again.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dear patient, I am going to write you the reply that Dr Kaushiki would have written if she'd has some class. Dr Kaushiki, it is a shame, that after your long history of being hurt by people bullying you online and then hurting others by writing your own fair share of stupid, hurtful and dishonest things online, that you have not learnt not to write to a patient when you are angry. If you had some sensitivity and self control you would have seen that all this poor patient below needed was a virtual hug. She was hurt. And she reached out to you to expose herself - knowing that it would make her feel even more vulnerable - and what did she get in return? More hurtful remarks from you. This is very disappointing behaviour on your part and frankly, fairly immature. You might remember one of your peers in the industry last year commenting that reviews of doctors need to be read because there is generally a message in there for you to take that can make you a better practitioner if you have the courage. For starters, you could have briefly apologised for not letting this patient know that you were not longer available to deliver her child. It didn't have to be long. Just a sentence would have done. And it would have meant the world to her because all she wanted was to hear you say that you remembered her and that you wished her well in her pregnancy and was sorry you could not be there to share the special day. That's all she wanted. And if she had said that it was unreasonable for you to leave, then you could have crossed that bridge when you both came to it, because that wouldn't have been fair of her. But if you reread her comments, she wasn't telling you you shouldn't have left. She was saying that she was sad that you left without saying goodbye and facilitating some sort of handover that would have made her feel safe. Dr Kaushiki she couldn't read your mind. You left a note on your website but if she was writing an e-mail, she may have missed it. I think it's really disappointing that you couldn't find the humility to just remember how vulnerable you felt when you were pregnant with your son at 35 weeks and how close you had grown to your doctor, whose bond with you've written about already on your blog. But for some reason when this patient expressed the same feeling for you you felt nothing but anger and disgust. And knowing you hold the balance of power in this relationship why did you pull rank on this patient with word games ('fellowship' versus fellowship - who cares? You sound like a pompous fool talking this way) and the way you mocked her for missing you after 6 months showed a cruel sarcasm that must have made a woman who has had to remove their clothes in front of you for many months feel like crying. And that makes me sad. It seems, Dr Kaushiki, that your time in Australia, the country to which you said you would travel to broaden your mind has not had any affect and I feel very sorry for you. To the woman who posted the review below? It seems like you escaped a bullet by changing doctors. I wouldn't have wanted my precious newborn held for the first time by a woman who treats me this way just because I felt hurt and wanted a hug. Dr Kaushiki it's time for you to head back to the drawing board and learn some skills in conflict resolution 101.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

Not good. Leaving without informing the patients. Trust is broken.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Thanks for missing me even after 6 months of me leaving India.I left India for a Fellowship and not a''Fellowship".Do you think it is a crime on my part to keep myself updated as a doctor??Well I don't think and I see it as my responsibility too.You were not left without information.On my blog,website,Gurgaon Mom ........everywhere I left a message.And even then I didn't leave my patients.Dr Deepa Maheshwari ,my other team mate was still very much in India taking care of patients booked under me.You had to wait not because I wasn't punctual but because you and other patients when need more time than allocated for consultation.......I try to answer your queries and I warn about it in the very begining that you might have to wait and that is so that if you so decide you can change your doctor.(please refer your pregnancy hand book).And Breach of trust or trust is something which should be both ways.Patients change the doctor at 40 weeks,the day of delivery..........it is their right.There is no Breach of trust.If a doctor doesn't want to attend a elective case (not an emergency) it is doctors right.No one is breaching anyones trust!!And now I wish you a hearty congratulation to enjoy your delivery.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

I consulted Dr. Kaushiki Dwivedee on couple of my friends' recommendation. They all gave very good feedback and I started consulting her right from my per-pregnancy examinations. All was well (if I ignore the long waiting time of 1-2 hrs in her clinic and hospital) until she left for Australia for her "Fellowship" when I was already running in 35th week without informing. She didn't bother to inform us so that we could have plan the course of action. Only when we were making the appointment for our next visit, we got to know that she will be on leave for next 2 weeks. Her secretary never had any satisfactory answer. It was left to us to check if she is available or not. But that wait never ended and we had to get our baby delivered by some other doctor (writing another review for her as well). In her absence we were left to consult some other doctor at Max Gurgaon and we didn't know her background and neither did we have any feedback about her. I tried to contact Dr. Kaushiki through emails, but she never cared to respond back. It certainly felt like a breach of trust & confidence. Its a bond of 9 months that we shared with her and the moment when she should have been around, she left without any communication. Perhaps she could have informed us well in advance and we could have started looking for another gynecologist but we never knew that she would not come back.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014